The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

This WIP is just right. I will be waiting for this,

3 Likes

Played the demo and I must say that everything I saw in the demo was great and I loved the images you have in it for the advisors and map so keep up the epic work!

2 Likes

Since the subject has come up: Does the pagan religion share the Temple’s opinion on incest? You’ve mentioned that they don’t care about homosexuality.

2 Likes

It is against the rules ask any updates please avoid doing so

6 Likes

I honestly don’t understand whats wrong with asking about when it will be updated. Of cause its not okay to harass and spam an author for updates, but some of these WIPs haven’t been updated since early last year.

2 Likes

My guess is that even if they’re not pestering the author for updates, it still puts unwanted pressure on the author to meet a deadline that someone else has vaguely put into their mind. Plus it’s really annoying for the mods to close down a thread because someone has decided to post in it months later asking if it’s still alive.

My advice is just let the authors take their time on it and work on it how they like. After all, it wouldn’t be the first nor the last time a popular WIP vanished because the author disappeared.

6 Likes

It was Lady Dannel

The amount of money was same even after I ordered the restoration of the village and bought a sword.

“and take what isn’t their”

After finishing the questioning on the report of the attacked village these questions shows up again.

I sent him to inspect the village that was being attacked by the pirates.

It’s more an issue in that if It’s allowed everyone will do it, and then half a thread is asking for updates or complaining about lack of updates. Which is unfair to the author.

9 Likes

I hadn’t considered the subject yet. There are at least two other religions that are going to play an important part in the game, and I’m pretty sure one of them wouldn’t give a sard about incest. That being said, they probably wouldn’t give a sard about anything else other than worshipping that which lurks beyond the Starry Veil.

I personally don’t mind that, as it actually feels good to know that there are people interested enough in the game to ask about it. That being said, I understand why it can be viewed as a bad thing.

Let’s hope this isn’t the case here. :sweat_smile:

@Tuhin_Subhra_Maity
Thank you very much for the reports! I fixed them, but I’ll probably wait a bit before uploading it.

I’m currently working on a huge update that will probably appear within the week.

Again, thanks everyone!

8 Likes

Oh yeah, thats understandable.

Consider adding the initial choice of having a son/daughter or both and be already married with some noble lady of a house.

Also theres a bug that says you are to wed with a northern girl and they didnt show in my game

3 Likes

This game really brings me back to my childhood literally scouring everywhere to find stat raising rpgs and this is so exponentially better than the games I played. The mechanics and writing are amazing, and I am really excited to see how many different characters I can make(the amount of possibilities just right now is incredible!)

And idk if this counts for a spoiler or not but I’m kind of curious. Will Red Tull be a romance option? I’m already rooting for him lol.

4 Likes

um why is this topic being closed??

1 Like

It will only close if the thread goes dormant for 21 days - if people keep posting here it stays open.

1 Like

Hope that agreeing to marry some on of the family of Dullis I think that how you spell it will make them join you peacefully

1 Like

This is what came to my mind when i played the demo.

2 Likes

While marriage is certainly the best way to ensure an alliance with another House, they’ll most likely still have their own ambitions. It usually comes down to how well you can convince people to either follow you or stay out of your way, be it by diplomacy, prestige or intimidation.

Also, Dullis is the actual name of the province, and while I like the way it sounds, more than one person has already told me how terrible it is, essentially because it reminds them of the word “dull”. It’s a good point, but I’m keeping it until I find another name(Accepting suggestions!)

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with that province name but to satisfy your detractors you can change it to Ludlis - I wonder if that would remind anyone of anything :grinning:

:heartbeat:

3 Likes

Yah I didn’t bat an eye at the name. I took it as a name for a province, it works fine and isn’t terrible. If you want to change it though feel free.

3 Likes

I agree with @Pyyrhus on this one.

I really didn’t notice the ‘dull’ part in Dullis until you pointed it out. Also, it’s got a nice ring to it.

4 Likes