The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

It is still under development, but once you get your first marriage proposal, there will be the option to perform the “Getting Married” event. You can either wait until you find the option that suits you best or just marry the first person who offers it to you.

Then there will be the ceremony itself and, from then on, you are married.

4 Likes

After marriage, will exist an event where the MC will have children to ensure its heritage in the future?

8 Likes

Im not a perv or anything > but in most medieval marriages the wedding has to be consummated, do we get a scene about and choice to not consummate or consummate, i repeat not a perv.

7 Likes

I have noticed a mistake that when you are going to improve the training camp or the temple always reappears again and never improves just the option disappears

3 Likes

@Troll Your face doesn’t seem sincere :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Consider adding some kind of Red Wedding event if certain things happen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Uh uh.:upside_down_face:(obligatory 20 characters )

1 Like

:thinking:

Jokes aside, consuming the marriage and guaranteeing an heir to your House is certainly important and a part of the game, but the upbringing of the child would only occur in further chapters.

You are correct. As this was one of the first things I scripted in the game, it was behaving differently than the norm I’ve eventually adopted: The event was only appearing if you were available at court during the specific day that the work was finished. I have updated it now so that it appears whenever you “check” your court after the ending of the projects. Thanks for the report!

EDIT: I also found that this was the case with the Ceremony event for the Emyria village(which you unlock by talking to Archpriest Theron at the Temple). It should be available now. It appears that the Emyria report questline was also suffering from that bug.

2 Likes

Also there is a spelling mistake. When the blacksmith dies it says the blacksmith is death, when it should say the black smith is dead.

2 Likes

Will I be able to spend time with my wife? Or is she just Poof gone??

3 Likes

@Troll whatever you write doesn’t matter how sincere it is your profile pic always make it a taunt or joke

1 Like

it’s true…always happens… ( tear falling )

1 Like

Hi I am new here (but forget that).
Your game is really good and keep up the good work.:+1:

1 Like

Your spouse will be relevant on certain occasions, open up some new events and have some specific interactions available.

5 Likes

Funniest thing I’ve read: Velshyte. It’s their way of saying “bullshit” I take it? :smiley:

1 Like

Yes. I’m considering putting up a “glossary” inside the game, mostly for the curses and bad words. Some I took from words that were actually used in medieval times(like “sard”), others I made up. Inside the game “lore”, most of the weird words are probably remnants of the dialect that was spoken during the time of the Old Empire that somehow survived through the ages, albeit corrupted or adapted.

6 Likes

This is SO good. I love the entire concept and your writing is just flawless!! Highlands is one of my favorite games ever and I’m so pumped for this one. :blush:

1 Like

Quick question will this game when finished, will we be able to play the whole game without paying for it so everyone can play it, or will we have to pay to play the whole game story.

1 Like

Nowadays, all apps require payment to fully play a game.

2 Likes

There’s a bug in the HOLD COURT option. My game froze when I clicked HOLD COURT. I think it has something to do with exhausting all the available events (though I haven’t unlocked the genderless event yet). It needs somewhere to redirect (I think) so that the game doesn’t freeze.

Question: How does the “seasons” (Sevenstars, Aurora, Gale) work? Is it completely random or there’s a pattern to it?

1 Like