The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

Wait if you die at the Summit and repeat, is there a different possible ending then if you hadn’t died at all?

Clash between the 2 armies

Does anything happen if I pray a lot.

1 Like

The pope will give you a cookie.

But seriously, if I am not mistaken, the only thing that affects it is its your relation with the church.

1 Like

What are the hidden achievements?

You can gain 1 knowledge

Just dropping this is exactly what my Mc is like:

2 Likes

Folks who played the beta and provided feedback, I need to credit you in the submission form!

I will credit the username of everyone who I think provided some sort of valuable feedback, but if you want to be credited by your real name, please post here on the thread or send me an MP.

Also, one interesting quote from Spiderweb Software that I think can apply here as well, to a lesser degree:

We can not pay our loyal beta testers but you can use us as a reference in the real world to get a real job. This actually worked for one of our testers, who listed us as a reference and got hired after Jeff talked to his prospective employer.

@ domthestar
The only way to survive the encounter is by downplaying your achievements and making them believe you are not the “Hero of Prophecy”. I like that subversion of the trope, but most importantly it serves as a way for me to wrap things up without having to deal with the massive consequences of killing the leaders of the main religion or making them your enemies.

The consequences for those two things are something that I would LOVE to write about, but I wouldn’t have the time to portray them in the epic scale I think they would deserve to happen. I want to back to this, though, either by updating the game after its release or by adapting it to the sequel.

They range from ridiculous to big spoilers. I’ll show two as examples:

Ghoul’s Goal: Got kicked by a dead man.
A Desolate Future: Became an Oracle for the Triple Chalice.

Temple Relation also increases once every week you pray.

Yep, I’ve added it on the last update. There’s a small “puzzle” after you die and then you can come back in the past.

7 Likes

I played this game a couple times, and it really kept my interest! It’s a fun, complex game, with a very good story. However, I have some complaints.

• There was a point where I had done almost everything and a new event hasn’t begun, to basically I did nothing, hoping for the days to pass quickly so new events would happen. It was a bit boring and tedious, and if you could speed up a little bit the story, it would be amazing

Otherwise, this is a very good game, it captivated me to play again and again, and I believe it would become even more interesting if you could do something about the topics I mentioned. Keep up with the good work!

1 Like

There’s no need for a checkpoint, there already is a save system.

1 Like

You’re right, thank you

Random Question: Does the King Noyedas death where we beat him to death with his own crown still exist? I swear I remember getting it and doing it one of the first times I played this months ago, but I never seem to be able to get it again :thinking:

1 Like

Woah. I’ve never gotten that ending, but it sounds pretty hardcore :scream:

9 Likes

I knew that this game was brutal but…

4 Likes

Sorry about that. What happens is that the days until the invasion are randomized between a number of X and Y. Sometimes Y can be a bit too much, depending on how many things you have unlocked to do on a playthrough.

The reason as to why the Y limit exists like that is that so the battle can be fought during different seasons, unlocking new options to fight the enemy troops(such as luring them into the valley and breaking the dam to wash over them).

To circumvent the possibility of a player having nothing to do, you can unlock the ability to “skip days” on the Options menu, or spend your time praying. Either way, I’ll be adding more content eventually to fill the possible gaps(books are a good bet, as well as quick events) and/or just use and old idea the invasion only occurs in the later seasons if you learn about it in advance and do some things to undermine your enemy.

@ProGameGeo
@Vox
@Hydrophobic_spider

This only happens if you don’t acquire the fallen star. Lord Noyedas gets it and makes a crown for himself.

This can also impact the next game. If your savestate ends with Lord Noyedas as king and he has the crown, he dies in excruciating pain a few years later due to the “radiation poisoning”, his head deformed with tumors. If not, the crown will likely be smelt into a sword.

7 Likes

@MahatmaDagon Oh wow, makes sense. The only time I didn’t go and retrieve the star was the first time I played.

Question: I assume the star sword isn’t dangerous to us, or is it?

Oh, it most certainly can kill you (in fact, it’s the 1st way I died in the game). Come to think of it, I don’t actually remember how I managed to avoid that… strange.

4 Likes

@ProGameGeo @GrimReaperJr1232 You have to send a piece of the comet to the Alchemist’s guild.

2 Likes

So THAT’S how I did it. Huh, I’ve been dodging the Reaper this whole time without even knowing it. Greed literally saved my life.

3 Likes

There’s a scene with a maid when you get sick. Her name is Nada I think? Is there anyway can you talk with her again or is she just gone?