The War for the West [Releasing Nov 14]

Not to be cynical as hell (though I am), but if the physical descriptions of her during the sex scenes are anything to go by, I’d hazard a guess that no, she’s not particularly grossed out by the main character, lol. It’s a good thing that you’re wondering though, because one of the dialogues in the detained oracle epilogue shows she’s not above using herself in that way to achieve political purposes. Or maybe that’s just Daedros’ fond hope, and she didn’t see fit to correct him.

3 Likes

Hmm so do you think she only had sex with the mc for political purposes? Or are her feelings real?

1 Like

well, she kinda stabs herself in the heart at the end unless you have a really high social, so…

5 Likes

No, I’m very sure she’s actually in love with the mc, and that the love has both physical and emotional aspects to it. If she actually marries Daedros in the sequel following the detained oracle epilogue, and assuming she decides to have physical relations with her new husband, I’m willing to bet it’s Daedros she has sex with for political reasons, since she didn’t seem all that into him from what I could tell in that dialogue. Don’t worry, man, in all likelihood and by her own admission sis cares for mc very much.

7 Likes

how does the MC know that jenneth is his/her step sister?

1 Like

if you surrender at the summit, your MC gets a vision where your father refers to her as his daughter. As Tvtropes would put it, JennethxMC is Surprise-Incest!

4 Likes

How can I survive the siecclian attack without marrying ??

And how much does the previous king’s reign affect the current economy and military? I saw that there’s no difference to the military even if MC’s father is militaristic…

Here’s how I do it…

Summary

Have the quartermaster improve the walls
Do one recruitment drive for Militia
Recruit a bunch of footmen (the max number it’ll let you select for a single recruitment drive)
Do it again for Archers
With a high social, talk to the mercenaries and use the special option avalible, otherwise they’ll betray you mid-battle.
When the enemy is within range, let the archers kick ass
When they’re on the walls, spread the troops evenly (I dunno if the other options are better, but I’ve always done this)
I also don’t know if it matters much, but invest in the Combat stat for the end stage of the battle just in case.

1 Like

Actually, i think that giving their leader 1000 aurens+ making him a lord results in him being loyal so you don’t need a high social stat

3 Likes

Great idea. See what happens! Only good things, I’m sure

3 Likes

I went to check the code and it seems no one ever saw Governor Bluden because I forgot to set his variable to true. :sweat_smile:

I think they explain it somewhere during the meeting, but I’m not entirely sure.

This is a very specific branch and it might take some luck to get the right sequence of events. You basically need to PRETEND to arrest the relic merchant when Martwyn the Acolyte comes complaining about him. Then, later, on another event, Martwyn says the merchant you arrested was seen in his way to Dullis.

He questions you about it, and you can make an excuse, like saying it was the merchant’s twin brother. If you have low Social the acolyte won’t believe you, and asks if he can see the merchant for himself in the dungeons.

Then you can select this option:

#“Sure you can.” (Let him enter the dungeons and lock him there)

:sweat_smile:

You are right, good catch. It was the first name I had in mind for her and I forgot to update it there. I also fixed the other mistakes you pointed. Thank you for all the help, I don’t know what I would do without those continuous reports. :hugs:

Was this without using the “loophole” question in which you convince him to abandon the idea of only allowing 3 questions? It would be a bug either way, I’m just asking in order to try to find it quicker.

[quote=“WolfStrider21, post:2980, topic:26275, full:true”]
Is there any opportunity to use your gifts in this game or is that being reserved for the sequel? I know you can use the Sight before the temple trials, but I haven’t found a way to actually defeat them without dying.[/quote]

There’s the “meta usage” where players might perhaps avoid some deaths through game by discerning information they have acquired from their dreams, but this is left purposefully dubious. This is also likely to have a more direct approach(similar to what happened at the Templar Trials) during the Lords Summit, in case you die there.

Isn’t there an option to talk to the member of your council about it afterwards, or are we talking about something else?

Yup, it’s one of the old ones, I’m taking an enormous amount of time considering how to best deal with that.

There is information about them spread throughout the game, most of it hidden or given subtly. The idea is to let players connect the dots and theorize about it. One example is the painting you can help the Mulligan brothers acquire during your visit in Dullis.

You can also talk to Hellen of the Streams or the White Wizard about it, and one of the “new endings” I’m working on can give you a more direct answer, in which you can even side with them.

You are right, thank you.

You mean the “Vradnir will make the proper arrangements about that” line?

I know some of the dialogue might suggest otherwise(Jenneth’s line about there being three traitors there), but there are more members than the 3 at the Summit, which means they are not entirely defeated even if those 3 die. Either way, they winning or losing there is one of the most impactful things for the initial world state for the next game.

Was your relation with your spouse good? This event is set to only happen if she likes you.

As for siege weapons, I’m DYING to make another siege battle in a much greater scale. This has been on my mind for over a year now.

Any of the wives can get this event if you have good relation with her.

No, and that’s a problem I’m trying to circumvent right now. I mean, all be honest here, my initial intention was to never let the player survive the first game, but I thought people wouldn’t like that, so I added the battle thing as a way for them to “win”. Now I’m working on other ways to do that.

High Social, but I’m pretty sure there’s one option for each gender in which you can save her regardless of stat. IIRC is a sequence of choices.

There’s a high Social option where you can mostly convince him, and he asks that you give him a day to think about it. In this scenario you are not arrested and are given a guest bed.

There might be more requirements than Social here(like having a good relation with him or something like that), but it should be there. Perhaps there’s a bug and this isn’t showing for some reason?

Thank you very much for the reports, I was able to fix this one and the other errors.

The institution is called “Temple of the Two”, but church is commonly used by characters throughout the game as well.

I’ve skimmed through the threat and it seems people had a lot to say about my phrasing there, so I’ll read everybody before fixing it :sweat_smile:

I think I originally left it like that in order for people to have ways to skip days if there wasn’t anything else to do, but it shouldn’t be like that anymore. I’ll have that fixed.

I have no idea. :sweat_smile:

@Adam_Juarez
Regarding your questions about Jenneth, I think if I explained it here it would take the fun out of it. I think people in the thread have some good theories about it.

*if father = 1 (greedy)
*set unrest + 1
*set treasury + 2000

*if father = 2 (wrathful)
*set morale + 2
*set unrest + 1
*set population - 3000
*set troops + 200
*set treasury + 500

*if father = 3 (just)
*set morale + 1
*set population + 500
*set troops + 50
*set treasury + 200

*if father = 4 (kind)
*set treasury - 250
*Set unrest - 1
*set population + 3000
*set treasury + 50

9 Likes

Do you guys think the Mc province is as strong as lets say house bolton or house stark as in Game of thrones?

1 Like

@Somedude No, I have tried that option and the merc captain still betrays me in mid-battle. Guess it depends on a high social stat.

@MahatmaDagon could’ve just replied
without the code… :grin::grin: No worries anyway.:blush:

1 Like

What is the name of the house in farhall exactly? The first appearance in the game, they were called house Gorroth and then it changed to Gorroch and lastly orroch during the trip to the summit

1 Like

Does Lady Avellyn die at the Summit?

Yes, I think Jenneth killed both her and the scholar

2 Likes

So tempting :smiling_imp:!

@MahatmaDagon I admit I cannot remember but I think it would have been without using that question, because I did not realize it was a “loophole” question and it seemed a bad idea from my MC’s perspective to waste one of my 3 questions asking that. Usually my MC asks that question after my MC has already asked 3 questions.

I’m glad you added the initial options to “win”. Maybe MCs with high social or high knowledge could have smuggled their own forces into Farhall by talking to either Jenneth or Vradnir (coincidentally bypassing Jenneth). If nothing else, I would pay money to see the look on Daedros’s smug face when he gloats that the MC’s 100 troops will never reach the tower in time only for the MC to smile and reply “What makes you think I only brought a hundred?”

I never noticed this before. The list of noble houses says House Gorroth while Dannel says House Orroch.

On that note, here is a typo.

Vayden was bothered by the death of King Jeohr, but was also far from surprised. He urged you not to give your allegiance to any of the pretends that might arise, and insisted that the best thing to do was to wait to see who would come out on top after the initial conflicts that would surely follow.

It should be pretenders.

2 Likes

House Stark is certainly way stronger, but perhaps the MC could be compared to the Boltons or some other smaller northern House in terms of military.

@ xvr96williams
Sorry if the reply sounded offensive, it wasn’t my intention. I honestly had to check to code to see if you were right because I couldn’t remember, and when I saw it I thought it would just be easier to paste it here so that people know the values of some of the things that change with each father.

Lol, good question.

I’ll make a poll and let you guys decide.

• Gorroth
  • Gorroch
  • Orroch
0 voters
5 Likes

Just how big is Ludland in comparison to the Western Peninsula?

In the original map, it showed Ludland as this vast kingdom, with the Western Peninsula being a tiny spit of land protruding from Ludland’s left flank. The new maps seem to have made the Peninsula bigger, however. And I would guess that there are stretches of land in Ludland that the maps do not show. So, just how big is Ludland? Is the Western Peninsula a significant proportion of the wider Kingdom, or is it of no great importance in comparison with the rest of the Kingdom?

1 Like

Is the ending where you walk away, at the summit, an ending where Jenneth lives?

Also, does Jenneth show up even if you don’t take to the Summit?

The War for the West is a game based on the idea of letting the player create and manage a House and a Domain in a low fantasy setting with some grimdark elements.

Low-Fantasy

Surrender Ending:

hmm

2 Likes