The Vampire Regent [published]

The newspaper code is one of the things you can investigate to figure out who did the hit. My character is an Aznuit maybe it’s an option for Aznuits only. Btw I think you should blur that spoiler.

Hmm, I only play Aznuit to kill Juarez and it’s very simple to know Theresa is the traitor, you only need perception ( I mean the real perception ), the way she speaks after the accident, she praised her self for saving you. Oh, I remember a random event at Auditorium when we ambush a weapon smuggling (which she behinds it ), after we have weapons from the smuggling, she will try to convince us to sell those weapons, her real motivation is preventing us to find out the truth and she scared the fact that we have to much firearms. So what did we learn ? You just need real perception

1 Like

I knew something was up with the traitor when the said person remained calm during the attempt, awfully calm.

Anyway, on to other things has the poker bug been dealt with?

No, I haven’t seen any poker bug yet

Thank you. Were you playing an old save from the game? Also, was it before or after the meeting with Russell? This bug should’ve been fixed a while back, but it can be a bit tricky, so the more info we have on it, the better.

I like the concept, but I feel it’s something that needs to be fleshed out through multiple scenes and done with great care to be believable. (It was easy with the current puppets because, by the start of the game, they are already under the supernatural influence of their blood for a while)

We won’t be adding anything as complex as this to this iteration of the game, but there’s always room for updates after it is released.

I agree Juarez can be a pain in the ass for multiple reasons. There are two ways to kill him, but they are related to very specific pathways. Other than that, there are a few instances throughout the game where you are able to scold him or “put him in his place”, such as when he slaps an initiate in front of everyone in the Auditorium, or when he insists on not calling you by your title, etc.

Still, I feel like that’s not enough. I think there could be an opportunity to “deal with his attitude” between the warehouse and the dinner, with decisions ranging from “have a talk with him” to “get him killed”. It shouldn’t be that hard to do, and I think its worth it.

Thank you for the reports, these should be fixed by now. About the groper, I think it makes sense to decrease crime a little tiny bit. Overall one of the purposes of this test is to get balancing on these stats right.

4 Likes

I encountered this bug once before the major update this month, I think it was after the meeting ( can’t actually remember )

Why are you all hating on Juarez though? He’s a cool guy and our relationship is fine. Probably because I have a high ruthlessness?

7 Likes

I don’t hate him, just accidentally discovered a way to kill him and decided to share it ( you are cool, Juarez :cry: )

2 Likes

Yah, in the end he even defies the Inamorata of the Eventide herself to save you. Granted you have a high relationship. That’s pretty cool to me.

7 Likes

I’m fine with Juarez. I will admit, his attitudes rides that fine line between charming and grating, but he’s resourceful and loyal-two traits that you really need in the world of politics.

6 Likes

I don’t hate him, it’s just that one incident and the fact I wasn’t able to confront him about his unprofessionalism just made me not want to be associated with him.

In the world of politics you need loyal and efficient allies, Not ‘professional’.

6 Likes

He decided not to answer a phone call from the Regent for his own petty and selfish reasons. That doesn’t sound ‘loyal and efficient’ to me.

3 Likes

This was bloody amazing! Great job author. I’d love to see more works by you.

1 Like

This is prolly one of my fave WIP. :two_hearts:

May I ask tho, is there some sort of romance guide? I have had 3 playthroughs, 1 without encountering romance, and 2 where Morgan and Alice have shown interest. Lol, i also kinda wanna see Sebastian’s but I barely emcounter him. :thinking:

1 Like

@redfield There is no RO guide at the moment, unfortunately. Each RO has specific conditions to be “activated,” and these conditions depend on what that character finds interesting in a person.

Alice, for instance, likes it when you go to fencing club to develop your physical skills, or when you perform a feat of strength that is recognized by the entire Cloud. Rose appreciates acts of generosity and altruism, and so on.

9 Likes

God. For me this is one of my favorites game ever. Everything is just chef kiss I want to review more but I dont think I cant write that much. Just let you know I was rambling and got in emotional rollercoaster when I play this work.

The lack of Morgan’s RO path is one thing, but that whumpy torture part with Jeremiah was :triumph::exploding_head::sparkles::sparkles: I wish it could be longer, I like it when something goes wrong and we pay for it. Speaking of measure, may I know how many words in this game??

Love ur game. Thanks for sharing it for free​:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

@Sakinah_Saraswati You can romance Morgan. To initiate it, you need to attend Auditorium until Morgan will approach you beforehand. He will ask to speak to you before you enter and will confess his feelings for you through a vision he had. You can either kiss him or tell him you’d like to be with him before continuing into the Auditorium. This will start you down the Morgan path and at a later point you can call him and go on a date with him.

@black To escape the warehouse, you need to locate the two hunters who are on their phones (door that smells like pizza) and then you need to find the surveillance room. Deal with the hunter in there and you’ll find a key on him (you can access a secret room with it but I believe you only learn about it if you communicate with the ghost in the Infirmary). Otherwise you can hide in the bathroom I believe. Once you’ve inspected the pizza boxes for the location and found the surveillance room, you can contact the Cloud to rescue you.

9 Likes

Wow thanks :pray:

1 Like

How about Sebastian? So far, he’s the only RO I really haven’t “romanced” - thank you! :blush:

1 Like