The Unwanted Warrior

My MC just wants Alexander and Co to leave him alone. And for him to not treat Eleanor badly. Other than that, to be a good warrior.

… why James? The guy hasn’t even talked yet.

My kill list is
Queen Elizabeth
James
Alexander
Leo
Abigail
Eleanor

Of course it is. Don’t you forget the king? Pretty sure you’ll have to kill him too if go down that route.

(and then the Mc wonders why they didn’t like him/her :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

The people in this thread scare me. O.o

5 Likes

I’m not killing the king he likeable while the other are not

Yeah? Somehow, I think he’s going to be a lot less likeable if you end killing his wife and children.

I’ll kill him then he has to choose to kill me or abandon me for me killing his wife and children

My publicly humiliate list is

1. The queen
  2. The king
  3. Alexander
    I like Leo and Abigail (but I’m not sharing my wolf with any of them) I don’t know how I feel about James yet.

The options you already have about what we feel about Alexander calling our mother names is sufficient. I would feel neutral, and no anger. The famous rapper 2Pac sung a song called “Dear MaMa”. I don’t remember all the words, but he said he couldn’t feel for a stranger when his absentee dad he never met died. If he grew up with a singledad instead of mom, he probably would have felt the same way about his mom. Some people who were adopted don’t care about finding their birth parents.

I honestly wouldn’t automatically feel angry if a person called someone I knew a whore. Anger can lead to violence and useless domestic abuse or jail time when the person I’m fighting for is probably not even there and would prefer I stay safe and carry myself with dignity. Look at the history of American slavery and segregation. Blacks had a right to feel angry about being sold, beaten, and treated like 3/5ths of a person, but MLK Jr. and peaceful protests show the brutaility of the system more by the sending of dogs and police and fire hoses to attack people who just wanted a sandwich which is obviously wrong and not self defense. If you see a bunch of angry people fighting a war, it’s less obvious to see who’s wrong and right, and people might not realize it’s a self fulfilling prophesy and think violence and negatively was always justified against the victim.

For Elanore,It’s not comforting to hear that someone thinks you’re weak after you won a fight.

@DancingInTheRain279 Abigail had 18 years to be friendly to MC and she didn’t. That’s why people don’t like her.

2 Likes

She just admitted that she didn’t expect to win the fight against Alexander (he’s 25 years old strong warrior), but then she said she’s glad that you have proved her wrong.

Well, there’s an option where you can stay calm and stay hidden or just leave the castle without doing anything

Even without knowing that Alexander is being manipulated by his mother and forced into a loveless marriage like Eleanor, I can’t really say I hate the guy.

Would I show him up if given the opportunity to? Yes, but that’s purely for the sake of my amusement and competitiveness.

If I were in Alexander’s shoes, I wouldn’t exactly feel happy about the MC or his mother either (or the king for that matter).

Still, I’m hoping that Alexander and my MC can have a decent relationship.

4 Likes

I’ll kill him then he has to choose to kill me or abandon me for me killing his wife and children

That sounds a bit like a yandere girl asking the protagonist if he likes his family, friends, and their classmates more than her.

Is it just me who thinks so?

Also, your MC is certainly very blood thirsty. Did they become psychotic after the ill treatment or is that just a vibe I’m getting?

I keep waiting for the spymaster to run up to the kind and say, “My Lord! They tried to have me killed but I uncovered a plot by Queen Elizabeth to kill Prince(ss) MC!”

1 Like

I do?

But even more so my MC just doesn’t feel any connection to her, because she is a stranger for them. People normally don’t get angry on behalf of people they don’t feel anything for.

After all she’s your mother. He called the woman a “whore” who gave birth to you. Also there are choices where you can stay calm and continue listening to their conversation or leave. I didn’t force players to confront Alex and punch/headbutt him.

The problem for me is not a lack of choices, it is that so much about MC’s feelings for their mother just gets assumed, without any reasoning for those besides “it’s MC’s mother”. What doesn’t hold up considering that MC seemingly has no memories of her, the only thing she clearly did was giving birth to the MC (what really doesn’t have to carry any meaning for MC, blood is not always thicker as water and all), they have no reason to feel connected in any way, no matter if what the king says about her is true or not, because fact stays by now that she could be a total stranger for MC. You can say she is MC’s mother as often as you want, if the game gives me no reason to feel like that, it will nag me why MC should feel that way and if it’s so important to come up all the time, why I as player have no say in it.

It would be different if MC had a romanticised view on her, but that doesn’t have to be an universal feeling for all MCs, and if it’s supposed to be the case it should get focused on earlier.

I assume the mother and research in their lineage will be important, but especially because of this I would prefer if MC got the choice for all (or at least some) of the complicated feelings that are possible for them in this situation to feel. Or give MC at least some memories of their mother by changing the time she died if possible. MC actually still could feel resentment for her (because how dare her to just die) but it would give more room to feel attachment for the MC / make it less reasonable for them to feel nothing at all for this person. Otherwise I advice you to at least adjust some of the assumptions about MC’s feelings for their mother if you don’t want to give specific choices about it, as being forced to have a certain relationship to npcs is really something not well liked by many players.

5 Likes

Okay, I get it what you mean. But there’s something that I don’t understand. Which part of the story made you feel like that? MC’s mother is mentioned only two times (only one time for some of the players). I don’t think I force player to have a relationship to npcs. I never said MC has to love or hate his/her mother. Actually what MC feel about her is not important anymore.

Also, if your MC loves and cares about his mother then he would come out and confront Alex. If he doesn’t then he will stay calm or leave.

So I don’t think I force you to love MC’s mother.

4 Likes

I think they talk about the part where you said “anger boils inside you” (or something like that). It’s really small detail which is not important at all. Some people just pay attention to everything and it’s really annoying. Just play and enjoy the game, peep. Stop paying attention to every small details ffs.