The Underground Society-WIP

Okay everyone I’ve edited the Gender options (somewhat) and some of the sexuality options. I know they are not perfect but please say if I’m headed in the right direction.

I also think (hopefully) that i’ve fixed the bug that forced you to become genderfluid in chapter 3.

I will start editing some of the description to not make the MC sound happy about staying before the player themselves chooses.

Tell me what you think! Thank you all so much you have been a great help

1 Like

Well, I don’t see much problems with including the technical terms for sexualities. Like I said, most people like to see themselves included and heterosexual is a term that’s much better known as cis is, what was the main problem with the gender choice. It just would be a pretty long list. And some people don’t like labels, that could be a contra point.

Pansexuality means that someone can feel attracted to people of all genders. Not much more. Pan-/Bi- and Polysexual are in many ways overlapping and the reasons why someone prefers the one or the other label varies between people. It’s a personal decision.

This sites clarifies some things about pansexuality and also has some additional links about the topic:

3 Likes

@Sammysam

Thank you so much this has been really useful. I will edit my game accordingly. I will read through that link as it seems really useful :smile:

3 Likes

much better on the genders thank you tho I’ll wait to play farther on til you got the Escape options ready the mc was way too happy to be there.

2 Likes

Loved the WIP keep it up. And haven’t the “gifted” term been used in another popular WIP before? Can’t wait to see chapter 4 and love that this is varied in choices with being any sexual and we already have our set power fire and flying we can’t choose our powers can we. Anyway good luck and keep up the great wok :+1:t4:

Oh yea one more thing. Could you put a small description of each sexuality is for people that do not know or don’t have researched the topic or accidently choose one that didn’t suit their play style but in all good WIP just some grammar errors

yeah, I have a little confusion on the sexuality section as well.
and no the fire and flying power set is here to stay, and I have to admit I don’t like it as well but who knows maybe there is a reason for that set.

@jcsunshine_3

Thank you! Has it? I may change it then. It would probably make more sense if in a world where these people are hated, the term was more derogatory anyway. Thank you for pointing this out :smile:

And sure, I’ll add the descriptions asap

@moonwalkerdragon

I am going to add the descriptions for the sexualities asap. Also, I may be adding the options to choose your power set. There will be a small amount of choices (probably 4) however this may be better for everyone.

@Everyone

Since I may be adding the option to choose your power set, I would love it if people can give possible power combinations. I can’t guarantee that these sets will be used however if I get an idea of what people want, then it will probably turn out better for everyone.

Thank you! :smile:

5 Likes

Invisibility coupled with teleportation ? But then the MC would be kind of overpowered, soooo maybe teleporting further than 100 ft could be extremely draining

Nope that would be mirroring another released game, so the drawback needs to be something different.

Since I mentioned the drawback let’s use it for a power set submission:

Electricity (or plasma or whatever electric based power) teleportation can only teleport where the energy goes, so if there are no power lines or sources of electric power this ability can not be used.

Superspeed is always good and fun though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Something about the presentation makes me think of @Sashira’s WIP set in a Fallout shelter. It’s weird, but I don’t hate it.

One thing I have concerns about is where exactly will this go once we are done meeting everyone? It doesn’t seem to offer a whole lot of flexibility as far as I can tell when it comes to things to do.

@Lamellama and @Pace675

Love the ideas! I’m going to play around with what people say to see how it will fit in the story.

@RagEgnite
I’ve never read that. I’ll give it a try! :smile:

The meeting with Elva will explain what staying actually comprises of (e.g. you can help around the place maybe teaching children if your nurture skill and intelligence skill are high enough etc.). Afterwards, the player gets the choice of leaving, or staying. This choice will send the MC on two very different paths (neither good or bad just different) . However, if you wanted, you will have opportunities throughout the game to change your decision (i.e. if you choose to leave, depending on how high your relationship is with the people in the Underground, you will be able to go back at certain opportunities).

The first part is quite restrictive but that’s simply so that the player can get an idea of what there is to offer in the Underground. I will probably tweak it later if i feel it is just boring or annoying to go through.

If anyone has any thoughts on this plan, feel free to say so :smile:

5 Likes

I vote for shadow manipulation coupled with a form of phasewalking for a powerset. :wink:

I’m all in for the shadow ability . What about a healer ability set it matches the nurture type

@Lithophene

That’s…incredibly badass :grinning: I’m going to see if I can feasibly add that in.

@Terrell_Williams

That’s a good idea. Maybe have powers that compliment the Skills…I’m going to see what I can do with that :smile:

4 Likes

Just finished some playtroughs, gotta say it seems really interesting.

I’m curious as to how the story will change if you decide to leave. Will it branch in two completly different directions? No need to answer I kinda want to wait an see. I also want to see how you’ll handle all the sexuality issues, not many games go this deep into them.

Different powers would also be fun, but I like fire based powers.

Well I’m rooting for you. Also sent a pm with some typos so as to not clutter the thread.

1 Like

@nightflame

Yay thanks! :smile: I won’t ruin it for you then.

I’m still not 100% sure as to how deep I want to go with sexualities. My initial idea was simply for romance options and have the world a place that only discriminated against the “Gifted”. I’m not too sure if I am going to stick to that idea though.

I may have a temperature manipulating power? So the MC can edit the temperature of a room/person/object etc. This can lead to them heating up things a lot, therefore meaning it catches on fire or cooling it down so that it freezes. Feel free to tell me your thoughts on this.

2 Likes

I would say that if you want to include a power that could… validate the populace’s feelings towards Gifted folks, it’d be Entropic Touch - kinda like Rogue’s from X-Men.

I can dig the Heat Manipulation, though. On that line of thought though, what about… Light Absorption? The MC could literally drain all the light within a certain area, leaving it pitch black for as long as they maintained the field of effect. Or the inverse, I suppose. :astonished: I’ve always digged the idea of absorbing sunlight and channeling it. Not only could it literally blind people, but if the MC learned to focus that solar light… Well. We all know what happens when sunlight goes through a magnifying glass.

4 Likes

So when the MC first wakes up she’s suffering from fairly advanced starvation. To me it seems like more than she’d likely have to endure just living on the streets.

Is there something else that happened to the MC before the story that we don’t know about?

2 Likes

cool was just thinking about a power mix of Entropic Touch and healing touch kind of like a old marvel universe chacter I remember

1 Like