The Ultimate Magic Student (WIP) (Sandbox Game) (LitRPG) (REVIVED)

Omg hahaha a harem :joy:
One of the great things of anime is the inclusion of silliness we all just accept.

6 Likes

Stealing someone from his harem? :eyes:

14 Likes

Hahaha look a this troublemaker

1 Like

19 Likes

a. b. s. o. l. u. t. e. l. y.

15 Likes

This seems quite interesting, love the concept and would love to see how it might continue

2 Likes

Not only is this hilarious and original given the circunstances, but also from a fellow Brazilian. :brazil:

I wish you good luck on the journey of writing and coding this game and know that
At least I will.

25 Likes

Thanks a lot!

Pode esperar umas referências brasileiras bem bestas que só os leitores BR vão entender hahaha :brazil:

15 Likes

Yoo hoo, look who it is. Its been 2 years since my interest check thread, and you beat me to it. Its a nice project you have there, made me feel like starting my own finally, hope to hear from you again.

All the good luck and
Vai Brasil!

5 Likes

Heyy, nice to see you again! It’s been really a long time :frowning:
It’s crazy at how many brazilians we have here in this forum haha

Bora Brasil :brazil:

13 Likes

Absolutely delightful premise. You counter the advantage of “knowing the world” and expected meta with an objectively weak character. Looking forward to more. I do hope there are actual attribute ratings.

2 Likes
typos and errors.

I think you meant A completely new version/model here?

Reset.

I think this might work better with Giving a “non-existing account” notification/error

Which sights they should go see first

I feel like putting “and” instead of “you” a the start of the second sentence would make the transition smoother.

Unless the PC’s luggage consists solely of food, why would they reclaim it from the pantry? I think you meant the baggage reclaim area

Being american

The united states

Near the gate. “of” is useless here.

You find yourself in a rustic, but comfortable environement. would work better.

You of wooden houses

says

thin metal tablet

being

Participate in national tourneys

their

Beyond being seen as the worst.

ramblings

I don’t know about anyone else, but my first emotion when I find out that I just got dropped into an anime would not be relief. Especially not when I was panicking just a few seconds ago at waking up in a train.

IMG_20200523_023804_459

Saying that the PC is “surprised” to find out that they can speak anime, then giving them the choice to be japanese is a certified bruh moment.
It might have been better if the PC checked their ID upon waking them up, with a variable to track their nationality. If they’re japanese, there would be a flavor text along the lines of “you check the signs, and to your relief, they’re written in Japanese. So at least you’re still in Japan.”
Or maybe dispense with the nationality choice and leave it up to the player’s imagination. (Unless it’s plot relevant, but seeing as there’s 16 choices for nationality, tracking all those variables seems like a gargantuan task.)

I get that this is an initial version, and hopefully more choices will be added in the future, so perhaps a choice for their player to express opinion on the situation should be added.
From what I’m seeing, this game seems to be a parody of cliché anime tropes, so it would be both incredibly amusing and disappointing for the PC to be a generic Isekai protagonist.

8 Likes

The premise is unique!

2 Likes

Ei Zcometa, agradeço por tentar colocar a versão em português brasileiro, sinto-me lisonjeado, por pelo menos alguém tentar escrever em nosso idioma cheio de regras e pegadinhas de mau gosto.
Como não sou emphasized texttão bom em inglêsemphasized text e percebo que o texto carece de erros graves — ou que incomodam por completo a leitura —, não sei, acho que minhas críticas ficarão mais compreensíveis em minha língua.
Começando com algumas críticas, como você descreve o Brasil me incomoda e pode incomodar aos outros, por cometer uma série generalizações. Eu sei, todos nós sabemos, que o Brasil promoveu durante anos o turismo sexual — talvez por isso a valorização estrangeira de algumas celebrações — que uma das músicas populares — do povo — é o funk, funk “ostentação”, o “proibidão”, etc e que uma das festas que marcam o país é o carnaval e que nosso time de futebol é valorizado nacionalmente, assim tal modalidade e não somos mau educados, considero eu, nossos hábitos apenas não são similares aos seus, assim como nossa história. Poderia citar a agricultura, com o melhoramento genético da soja de Romeu Kiihl — ou seja, o “pai da soja” —, poderia ter citado nossa geografia e climas diversos de cada região, o norte tendo climas equatorial e tropical, por exemplo, já o sertão sendo semiárido, que temos 60% da floresta amazônica em NOSSO território, o Osvaldo cruz, a revolução da vacina, o cangaço, pô meu! Tinha tanta coisa, até a Tarsila do Amaral, pô, vacilo meu.
Mas eu tinha que ver a descrição de Portugal, eu tinha… É claro…, Portugal dividiu terras com a Espanha e como dizer delicadamente? Exterminou nossos indígenas? Os escravizaram, posteriormente? Conseguiram matar tribos tupis e não tupis — os goytacazes, né? Varíola —, promover brigas internas? Matar índigenas que não eram aliados? Exploraram nosso pau-brasil? Roubaram nosso ouro? Mataram Tiradentes? E ainda chamam-o de “pai”? Apenas por “descobrir” — já havia tribos, pessoas — um dos países do “Novo Mundo”? Vá, vá… Teve tanta coisa errada com colonização e monarquia que até no seu último suspiro parece que foi um relacionamento abusivo, coloque relação “colonial” não “pai” e tudo mais, dói meu coração, não foi uma parada legal, ferraram com a gente.
Saindo do espectro histórico e social, vamos para ortografia. Não sou mestre em gramática, contudo posso aconselhar, em primeira mão, para não usar hífen no lugar de travessão, quando foi expor um pensamento, não fique atento a pontuação, lembre que sempre pode optar por algo indireto como: Elias que não era bom garimpeiro, pensou que poderia se dar melhor com biologia, já que poderia distinguir um salmão de uma truta e provavelmente catalogar os reinos, mas não poderia ter tanta certeza, determinados pensamentos negativos, contando com seu fracasso iminente, com regresso para a casa de seus pais, apavoravam-o. Já que o texto narrativo é em terceira pessoa, não precisa introduzir toda hora no discurso direto o pensamento do personagem, nem coloque travessão, não precisa, já se vai outro exemplo, no entanto considero preferível em composições em primeira pessoa: como poderia negar essa bolsa? Estou tão animado! Este ano será demais! Nem sei o que esperar (…).
Na norma culta, não pode dar espaço quando você coloca parênteses, tão pouco começar a frase com três pontos “… Blá, blá…”, digamos que não seria aceito, ao menos que, você prefira um texto informal que não se atenta a tais regras.
Mas chega de coisa ruim, vamos falar de coisa boa também, pelo menos teve países que não são apenas de primeiro mundo, pertencentes a América do Norte e algumas potências asiáticas, foi legal colocar a África do Sul, embora não possa comentar por não pertencer ao país, tampouco apenas com o estudo do padrão do mesmo. A narrativa segue equilibrada, é um texto divertidinho de se ler, que provavelmente se concentra na comédia por possuir momentos de extrema comicidade, além do mais de possuir partes ironizando o que vemos de todo anime, é deleitante de se ler, no geral.
Até outro momento oportuno! Desculpe não escrever em inglês, sairia um cocô. Eu me sinto muito atrevido parecendo desafiar todo mundo escrevendo em inglês, perdão aí.

8 Likes

Holy mother of God! I’m a bit surprised and also really thankful.

typos and errors

I didn’t know that the past tense of reset was also reset. lmao thanks

Umm… Yeah. To tell you the truth, I hadn’t realized that

Fixed everything pointed out.

ramblings

what I wanted to show with this paragraph was not exactly relief, but I get it

Well, if the player chooses to be from Japan, in the taxi scene (if the player decides to talk to the driver) it is revealed that his character was born in Japan but moved to the United States at a very young age. So the surprise and shock of being suddenly in Japan and speaking Japanese without realizing it was “justified”. But the idea of getting him to read the ID before getting off at the station is certainly a good one, although I don’t know how to create a situation where he decides to do it while panicking on the train lol

Yup, it’s relevant. Actually, I was writing some interactions based on each nationality before answering you haha but a lot of things is going to change yet, such as adding and removing countries. For sure the next update will focus in this

Yeah! It’s really a good idea for a choice. To be honest, I was just trying to get the character to stop questioning things for a while so that it wouldn’t get repetitive and overwhelming. But a choice here will be for sure better.

Again, THANKS A LOT! :heart: Unfortunately these fixes will only come with tomorrow’s update.

4 Likes

I like the idea. I think any anime fan has at least thought of what it would be like to live in there favorite anime and this is the perfect for them since most would likely end up being side characters the anime

8 Likes

Na verdade eu fico muito alegre em escrever uma versão em português brasileiro! Fico triste em saber que há vários brasileiros espalhados pelo forúm (alguns são até mesmo autores de alguns jogos conhecidos por aqui) e não ter um jogo sequer em português ou sequer uma discussão sobre fazer uma tradução. Então, sim, eu acabo tendo quase o dobro de trabalho por estar escrevendo e programando as duas versões, mas vale muito a pena quando eu vejo que um brasileiro curtiu o tópico e jogou o jogo. ^^

Sim, concordo. A verdade é que a descrição do Brasil foi a primeira a ser escrita, junto com a dos Estados Unidos, e acabei deixando as descrições desses países muito vagas e genéricas! Após dar uma revisada, me senti também incomodado com isso, mas decidi focar em outras coisas para depois voltar e melhorar esta parte. (Que aliás, é isso que estou focando a próxima atualização. Irei revisar, refazer e adicionar algumas coisas sobre cada uma das nacionalidades.)

Pode deixar, está anotado aqui! Mas isso vai acabar ficando para depois. Infelizmente decidi remover Portugal das possíveis nacionalidades por enquanto já que é uma das poucas nações que ainda não escrevi muito bem sobre a história e envolvimento neste universo mágico. Então para evitar que as interações e cenas relacionadas a Portugal fiquem rasas, decidi retira-lo por agora.

Eu te juro: fiquei de boca aberta ao ler isso! Eu realmente não sabia e até mesmo achava que era o contrário e que deveríamos colocar sempre os espaços. Irei corrigir, mas acho que já virou um vicio de escrita meu… Vou ter que tomar cuidado.

haha esse é intencional mesmo, pode deixar! ^^

Como eu disse, eu estou escrevendo agora mesmo mais conteúdo para cada paí e, honestamente, considerei retirar a Africa do Sul também. Porém o fato de que não haveria sequer um país representando o continente africano e teria um monte de países famosos me deixou extremamente incomodado. Então decidi permanecer com a Africa do Sul e trazer uma boa história para o jogador que decidir ser de lá. :heart:

Muito obrigado! Eu pretendo escrever de uma forma que agrade tanto os jogadores sérios quanto os que só querem rir de uma sátira sobre seus animes favoritos. Ver que pelo menos a introdução segue um pouco dessa ideia me deixa feliz!

Obrigado pelo feedback! Realmente fico grato :smile:

4 Likes

I really enjoyed this WIP specifically the idea of starting out at rock bottom, plus with it being a sandbox there can even be a little reminder at the start of each day like yea tonight might be the Star Festival “big whoop” but you happen to know the protagonist is going to lose their wallet tonight and you know right where to find it… anywho…

Things I found mostly grammatical or how things are said

This might sound better as (Could you tell me where we are?)

You might’ve been going for something like… (A nervous shiver trails up your spine before you manage to continue/proceed)

(You immediately recognize it, it’s the same school that the protagonists from that famous anime go to!)

This one is just a simple spelling error. It’s (release) instead of realize.

(You dash from the station hailing down the first taxi that comes into view.) I’d probably just add the small segment by itself to the paragraph before.

(Sliding into the backseat of the taxi you name your destination in a huff, the driver nods setting the taxi in gear.) Just a suggestion the previous sentence seemed bulky and kind of awkward to me.

I’m assuming this guy has an accent I just don’t know which one but I might add (from 'round here, are ya?") And then also (the driver asks catching your sweeping gaze in the rearview mirror) something like that maybe?

(A smile appears on the man’s face and he let’s out a small chuckle. “I’d think after years of driving these streets I would know an excited new student when I see one.”) Something like that would flow better I think.

(The driver laughs "Besides I wanna meet the great American wizards, not only are they beautiful, and rich, they’re spectacular with magic/magicians.)

(That guides you straight to the academy’s entrance gate)

(How did I get here?) (How did I end up here?) (How did I wind up here?)

(You can’t help but to note)

I don’t know how you want to present magic in this story but this is one of the deciding statements (Certainly if this really is magic, this is the first instance of it you’ve seen since arriving here. In fact, it’s the first instance of magic you’ve ever seen… period.) OR (Certainly if this really is magic, this is the first spell you’ve seen since arriving here. In fact, it’s the first spell you’ve seen… period.)

(After climbing the small set of stairs)

(Pass through the big door and find yourself in a rustic environment)

(But all of them are barred by what appears to be a transparent barrier)

(But there is some important data, such as your room number, the dorm you’ll be staying in, and your class schedule.)

(This time is set aside for you to head to your room and start unpacking.) The original sounded a bit bossy to me

(A smile morphs the corners of your mouth This is gonna be fun. ) the other isn’t really a proper sentiment either it IS fun or it’s GOING TO BE fun.

(Being one of the top 10 means having)

(11 through 100 isn’t bad either) Either every numer needs to be 1 2 3 or one two three not a mix of the two.

(And you’re ranked dead last) has a bit more of an edge if you ask me but this one is fine either way.

(To worry about for now, such as finding out how you got here.)

(Lots/Tons of people dream of getting to exist in the same universe as a famous anime like this.)

6 Likes

Thank you so much for taking your time to write this! I’m really grateful ^^

I changed almost all of it, but it will be only seen in tomorrow’s update.

Again, thank you!

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the wip.Looking forward to it

1 Like