The Tesseran Inheritance (WIP)

Hello, and I hope you’re having a lovely day! I’ve been working on a fun little inheritance conflict set in fictionalized feudal England; you play the only child of a prominent Lord who can influence its outcome.

Currently, it’s three chapters out of what I estimate to be around ten, but that’s definitely open to change with feedback. Since I’ve been working on this project for over a year and have produced only around 40k words, updates will probably be irregular.

To play the demo, go to https://dashingdon.com/go/7414 and please tell me what you think of it! This is my first try at an interactive story like this and I’d love any feedback.

266 Likes

It’s really good so far. Not much complaints from me

1 Like

I am hooked, i really liked it, i am also curious about Cameron :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is really good, would absolutely read more

1 Like

This was a cute WIP! I like how it reads so far, but on some pages there are some unwieldy chunks of text — so I would break those up, if you can.

How important is the romance aspect to your project?

2 Likes

Thank you! I see what you mean - I’ll work on trying to break up the larger pages of text.

For the romance aspect of the project, I was planning on having six romanceable NPCs: the four heirs, Robin, and Cameron. None of the romances would be gender locked, and I think they would be fairly important to the story but definitely not required!

13 Likes

Kind of reminds me of Tewkesbury.

1 Like

I’m happy that there are more Politcial or court political games being made this is a good one far

4 Likes

I absolutely loved this. I’m always more interested in characters than plot–they’re the hooks to the story for me–and I loved the whole cast. The writing was crisp, set a clear tone and wasn’t overstuffed with exposition. I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

I love the story so far! :grin: I found no errors, the characters are all compelling, the position you are in is unique, I really have no complaints! Keep up the good work

1 Like

I’m glad you had fun! I tend to focus a lot on my characters when I’m writing, so it’s awesome that it translated into a cast you enjoy sharing the world with!

2 Likes

It’s great!! I do have some questions though,

Will there be romance options? And
Will you be implementing a save system thing?

1 Like

Yes, there will be! I’m planning to allow you to romance six total NPCs: the four heirs, Robin, and Cameron! These will not be gender locked, so no worries there!

As for a save system, I’m not entirely sure how to implement one yet, but I’ll definitely look it up!

I’m so glad you enjoyed the demo!

6 Likes

I really liked the demo! I must admit I am very soft for Samantha :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The demo is wonderful :heart: Can’t wait to read more

1 Like

I really enjoyed this! I love the tone of the story–your writing style is very digestible and flows smoothly. I’m intrigued by the plot, and I’m excited to know what happens next!

The characters are all very interesting as well, with just the right amount of mystery! I can’t wait to peel back those layers. Lovely!

All in all, a great WIP! Keep it up–I’d definitely buy the finished product!

1 Like

Really enjoying this and I like all the potential romances! Although if one wants to romance one of the heirs, do they also need to support them for monarch? I think I support a reformist but might not want to romance Melaine or Charles. (I am undecided) Just curious! I am enjoying all the characters though! Also the Queen Regent’s interest in Father is, hm…

3 Likes

The relationships you build with the heirs are independent of your support for them, so you definitely can romance an heir you don’t support! Doing so can even help you garner support for your chosen heir!

I’m glad that you enjoyed the demo! Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Just played through the first route, gonna replay it now to check out the others.
I really like it so far!
potential ROs look interesting so far :>

The only thing I’d like to ask, if that’s okay, if you could maybe implement saves? That way it’s easier to try out different outcomes.

Looking forward to more :3

1 Like

Thank you; I’m glad you’re having fun! I’m working on implementing a save system now and will post an update when it’s done!

3 Likes