Tainted : The Revolution [WIP, UPDATED 6/9]

So first we have my Mute character with photographic memory and very charismatic(a very charismatic mute…cool)
Then we have my blind character with a sixth sense and unmatched fighting skills(Watch thugs come at me. they will be beaten up by the blind kid.)
Then we have my character that has constant painful headaches and can melt through steel beams(hope he doesn’t flare up and kill everyone around him.)
This sounds very interesting.

lightning reflexes. The boy will the ability to dogde bullets, or other projectiles."
(Should be dodge.)

1 Like

The second one sounds like Daredevil. :stuck_out_tongue:

Your third character sounds super interesting.

Is anyone else getting the 404 error? :open_mouth:

At the end of the prologue? That’s just the game trying to go to the next page and there isn’t a next page.

Oh! Didn’t know that was the end lol. But I’m really looking forward to playing as a smart, mute :smile:

Sweet can’t wait to play as a blind badass

Would be interesting to see seeing how sign language isn’t exactly… common. I know for a fact that I don’t know a single person who even remotely knows how to use sign language so it may as well just be useless in most situations. But then again maybe it’s different in other countries.

Or most people in the fictional world of The Tainted knows sign language for some reason.

Seems quite interesting so far, I’m looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

I received this error:
Our apologies; there was a 404 error while loading game data. Please refresh your browser now; if that doesn’t work, please email support-external@choiceofgames.com with details.

I’ve tried refreshing it and starting again, none of which seems to work.

The options I chose were:
-Male
-Mute
-Control over body heat
-Extremely clever
-Increased strength
-Spare him

The error appears straight after I press ‘Next Chapter’.

I hope that made sense, and I apologise if it didn’t though.

Oh, and I’m certain your coding abilities will improve throughout the story/game. Good luck! ^^

NEVERMIND! I’VE JUST READ THE COMMENTS ABOVE ABOUT THIS, I APOLOGISE! ^^’

Such an interesting concept, the fact that the MC can have such a severe setback such as being visually impaired but still is not to be taken lightly defies the stereotypical idea that every MC has to be born just like the masses,whereas there are actual exceptions to this in real life e.g. people who are born without arms or legs. All in all from what I’ve seen of it already I love it, in my eyes it’s original keep up the good work👍

Thanks to everybody who has provided support thus far; I currently have chapter one written it for the most part, but there are still a few more things I need to patch up…like coding. XP

But I will not be daunted by this obstacle! Hopefully, Chapter one will we ready to go before the end of next week.

This is the first time I’ve ever actually bothered with commenting on anything but I guess I managed to work up some courage for once!

This is very well written, and I quite enjoy your decision to give us a weakness/impairment that wasn’t just our lack of skill in a certain subject. I believe that it might make things a little harder for you in the long run in terms of writing, considering they’re all very different, but it will also make your story unique. And that is a very good thing.

I’m also a writer before a coder, but if you ever need a sounding board or want someone else to run through and look for codes before you release it to the public, I can at least offer my services that way. Maybe helping someone else will give me the added boost I need to get working on my own story again! xD

This is really an interesting project that I will keep in sight.
Liked the writing and the story seems to be unusual with that handicap thing that will really make it stand out and the failed prototype as MC.
I look forward to it.

Ganbatte kudasai

@Antinomique Thanks for the feedback! By the way, what does that mean? It looks like Japanese, but I’m an ignorant American, so I wouldn’t know. xp

If there’s anything that you guys would like to see implemented in the game, please don’t be afraid to say so.

@Silhuetta

A Mr. Google has told me this means “Good Luck”

@Silhuetta
@Doctor

That’s right, with a sense of “fortitude”

I see, thank you for enlightening me on the subject. Anyways, thanks for the support!

For those of you who would be willing to playtest some of chapter one’s scenes, message me.

The limit right now is four.

I assume that means you wont be doing updates in this thread then?

No, I will; there are just some initial ideas that I wanted to run across a few people before I actually put them out there. So, you know;I don’t write something that comes to bite me later on.

The next update is guaranteed for this Friday.

Finals are coming up soon, so studying has me occupied most of the time, but I am still hard at work on this WIP.

@silhuetta, you can focus on studying for finals and work on wips at the same time? Are you sure you’re not a machine??