The Synthetic Wasteland (Work Title)(WIP)

Hey everybody! I wanted to go ahead and make the report that I more or less finished up the first of the changes I wanted to make to chapter 2- adding in the new scene.

Right now, it’s kind of brief, but I’m going to be adding an addendum here:

The way the scene is written now is a baseline. This is meant to be a scene where you are supposed to truly roleplay your character (or at least, should be able to really say what you want to, if you’re not a roleplaying sort).

That said, if there is a response you would like to have in the conversation that isn’t there, tell me and I will add it. If you want me to extend the conversation so you can explore different topics, tell me and I will add it.

That’s all. I hope you enjoy it. :grinning:

9 Likes

This is such a great game from what I’ve read already. Still need to finish it, tho I wish it had a non-binary option for our MC

1 Like

I’ve just given this demo a go and gotta say it’s a very promising one, with great concept and well written: with just two typos I caught (whether mentioned to you already or not I’ve added screens) and one moment when the practicality of game making over in-game logic shows when we’re introduced to our team, which happens to be the exact people we randomly stumbled across and talked to when filling our free time :wink:

One option I would like to have that was absent

Typos

Zrzut%20ekranu%20(31384)
Zrzut%20ekranu%20(31391)

2 Likes

I’m glad you think so! And yeah, I know the lack of a nb option is kind of apparent. When I first started writing this, I didn’t really have the confidence to dip my toes into those waters. Even now in my other WIP, I was only confident to add a catch-all “Ambiguous” gender.

I dunno, I might retroactively add it in at some point. Still not confident about it.

Really appreciate that! I’m glad you think so!

I’ll get on the typos soon. There are also a good handful of typos and errors I know about that I still need to get on, too. I’ll try to get to it when time allows.

And sure, I’m not proud of the more game-y logic, but isn’t it at least worth a good chuckle? :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, the option you pointed out that could be added is actually fascinating. I didn’t even consider it, honestly. If I were to add it, I would probably make it to where only characters with high intelligence would even have the option, tbh. And it would take a while to get done, since that would mean making tweaks to the end of chapter 2 and the beginning of chapter 3.

But it could be done, and it’s something to consider!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.