The Sword of Rhivenia: Book One (Submitted)

If all of them die at the same time then inheritance is going to be the least of Rhivenia’s concerns.

1 Like

Cool fact, apparently MC can die in the future! I might rig some of my runs solely for the angst. I hope we get an interlude of sorts, where we see other characters’ reactions and the consequences. That’d be awesome, albeit in a painful way.

14 Likes

If MC do die, and if Lord Daemir Survives, i would think he will annex Rhivenia into his kingdom because " this is for the best of people " , surely he won’t support a weak ruler like Freya who will only be a burden . Daemir had " secretly" felt indifferent towards Rhivenia, but he kept his feet on the ground mainly because he knows it would be best for their kingdom to unite against potential foes, and Rhivenia as a whole is not a threat to him.

But if all capable leaders in Rhivenia gone, i would think Daemir will step in for " the greater good of all people of both kingdom".

2 Likes

If Freya ever becomes queen god help us. I give the kingdom a week before it dissolves in a civil war and we already know that Daemir won’t support her so…yh lets pray that doesn’t happen.

11 Likes

I felt that she is too spineless to even lead the kingdom.

6 Likes

I agree, the only way I see her been a good leader if she escape before Erwan have her kiild and she and up train harder plus getting a lot of help reclaiming her home back.

2 Likes

Freya has 2 weakness, first she’s spineless, and she is too softhearted moreso than richard.

11 Likes

Well, for all I know clara is the daughter of a knight and she lives in the royal palace, so not much of a commoner I’d say? certainly she has higher status than the people living in the city, astryn… just the fact that she tries to hurt mc after all they do for her regardless of her intentions is just a turn off for me, I’d understand lena holding grudges because of asshole father, but I think proving to her that we are not like the previous king and we are actually a kind and just soul would have her falling head over heels for mc, also clara is just genuine, though I have to admit that behind her cute face is actually a somewhat manipulative b**** and highly opportunistic, I think she goes for richard mainly to elevate her status, since she thought he probably would be elected king, but her world comes down when she realizes she actually loves mc, revna… well I don’t like her personality, I don’t know how hard it’d be to get through to her, and I don’t like easy women, but I don’t like women that’d constantly try to push you away everytime either, she strikes me as one of those, as a love-fearing individual that’d much rather just have fun than enter a serious relationship, or would do her damnest to avoid it, and for the male LI I have nothing to say because I don’t swing that way, xavier I guess is a decent individual, daemir is just uggh… aside for physical appeal he has nothing going for him, as for mc dying, I remember my mc dying at the end of the fall of daria saga, it was heartwrenching as hell lol

3 Likes

If this was actually true I’d like Clara a lot more lol. As it stands, she’s just a genuinely good person.

Also, please don’t forget to use spoiler tags for those who haven’t read the patroon demo, friend : )

6 Likes

A few questions for the friends here who read the full demo(please use spoiler tags for answers)

1. Is there any practical benefit of releasing xavier from prison?
  2. The mc not chosen by the sword , will they be able to get the throne by the end of book 1?
  3. Is there any way to secretly plot/prepare against lena while cooperating with her? (from the sound of things i dont think I’ll like sincerely cooperating with her)
  4. Any perks for giving jaeran’s thief friend a job?
  5. Will we see freya pirate bf in this book and will we be able to take action against him?

If the answers are too much trouble posting in th8s demo thread please feel free to dm me.
Thank you!

2 Likes

For question 4, and 5, even if you offer her the job personally, she still won’t take it saying she has to take care of Jaeran’s mom. For the pirate, you will see his pov but your main character will never meet him. Also I’m not a hundred percent certain because I didn’t finish the run where I released Xavier, but from what I’ve seen if your just going for practicality then there is absolutely no reason to release Xavier. It actually makes everything worse if you do. Either way Queen Lena will still only become your ally if you marry her and even if you accept, will announce to your family that your were the one who released him.

1 Like

for number 2, you cannot get the throne by the end of the book, but you can start to turn against your siblings and for number 3, i dont think it allows you to pick anything like that, at least not yet

2 Likes

1. You lose your only leverage to lena and even if you are nice xavier, there’s no telling what she’ll do now that her brother / political prisoner is free.

8 Likes

I hope Xavier is honourable enough to keep his promise of not letting Lena attacks Rhivenia.

Nontheless, i hate for my potential enemies to hold back just because i held a family member of them, another change i intend to make as compare to MC’S late father .

I dont think he can do that even if he intends to keep his promise.

4 Likes

Xavier might be, Lena i don’t think so you do realize if you keep being a pacifist other will look at you as a pushover right ?. Nobody likes a pushover especially if the said pushover a king

10 Likes

Well, i am not going to be really a push over, but i intend to solve dispute more directly as a show of Faith and Strength , for me personally to keep a prisoner for insurance policy only demonstrate the no-confidence of my ability, a more conwardly act for myself

Hence, by releasing Xavier and Astryn , it portrait two traits of my new ruling, a trait of goodwill where i won’t hold grudge against old history, the 2nd would be the trait of courageous, when i don’t intend to hide behind prisoners for incoming hostility, i will demonstrate strength by defeating them heads on and still willing to release them again in a show of Faith, confidence and righteousness as in the Mandate of Heaven,:grin:

6 Likes

Let me get this straight, you’re willing to release to release to 2 extremely valuable hostage in good faith so that you will not be seen as charles reborn, in oncoming war, while knowing that lena and erwan are out for blood. That’s the worst tactical blunder i ever known. It sound as if you’re trying to pull a shimura.

9 Likes

Well…hmmm, i think for the chivalry code of a Knight, that should be the right thing to do, and as an admirer for King Arthur of Camelot, his ruling is a beacon i tend to follow…Lol😄

3 Likes

You should admire the ghost, not king arthur if remember correctly his final reign was complete disaster

1 Like