The Sword of Rhivenia: Book One (Submitted)

@Helel if the game has been submitted for publication then demos usually get taken down at a certain point depending on the circumstances if memory serves me correctly lol but yep I agree the author / publisher would have the specfic answer you seek :smiley:

1 Like

Can the MC support Richard with Clara, I mean Richard is not that bad(annyoing yes) but still it be best to have close relationship with richard especially in wartime. Btw will the MC have the option to not marry unless the War is over ?

Oh and what about the Pirate Lover of MC sibling, will we be dealing with him in this book or in sequel(i am not a patreon)(spoiler is ok)

9 Likes

Nutella Queen has confirmed that the pirate will come into play in the sequel. As for Richard, she’s said that there’s no way for MC to have a good relationship with him in the near future if they’re romancing Clara, but that they can eventually patch up their relationship.

10 Likes

Romancing or Marrying her ?

I mean she want to kiss MC in forest but if the MC change it mind to Marrying Clara off to Richard is it possible ?

Almost kissing Clara in the woods is different from romancing her. If you actually pursue her in her romance route, Richard gets pissy. As of book 1, you can agree accept the marriage proposals of either Xavier or Lena but you cannot actually marry them. There are no weddings in book 1.

2 Likes

About the marriage proposal of either Xavier or Lena. I wonder will it has any consequence if MC already pursuing Lady Revna or Princess Astryn :thinking:. There were 2 scenes, if i am not mistaken to let Lady Revna know we care for her more than friend, but i suppose Lady Revna never made her intention clear yet, hence it is possible to maintain good relationship with her even if i accept the marriage proposal. But knowing Revna coming back from heart breaking love affair, such act may totally break her about true love and she will never trust love again.

The delicate one will be the romance route with Princess Astryn, by accepting the marriage proposal, there is no way to make Astryn trust me again, even if i free her eventually .

I had not met Queen Lena , so i will reserve my judgement about her.

As of right now, most likely i will decline the marriage proposal and continue to pursue Princess Astryn

2 Likes

If you accept either of the proposals, Revna’s romance will end. Astryn’s didn’t, but she’s also monogamous so MC’ll probably be locked out of her romance too later on.

3 Likes

Ahhh… thank you very much, i have make up my mind, i will decline the proposal but ensure Lena won’t attack me😄

Hope everything turns out well later on😁

1 Like

Np. I love talking on the thread and it’s always nice to see another Astryn lover : )

1 Like

I enjoy talking about the story i love as well,:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I also love a romance route emphasis on reconciliation, i believe it is different from a mere enemy-lover trope, because the purpose of reconciliation love story is more about an attempt for a viable reason of forgiveness and redemption for future good.

There was a dead wip by the author sophia years ago that held similar theme, " kingdom under fire" or something , where MC needs to marry an enemy princess , the MC father is much more ruthless and MC never had a chance to succeed the throne.

This story is much more flexible for MC to shape his/her own destiny within a kingdom. I am so glad that it had submitted because it only means i could play it till the end.

Another reason i love Astryn is her honourable personality as an enemy , she would prefer a hated enemy be killed in the field openly than be poison, (or perhaps backstabbed) . This at least free me from the worry of being killed when asleep…Lol.
I especially like the scene when she put the blade on my throat as a lesson of warning, i think this is perfectly logical since my MC is a young prince who had least experience on this sort of thing, Astryn’s generosity on teaching me a lesson about consequences of naivety, only made me admire her more.

Nontheless, i had always wanted to play the role of setting the enemies free and hoping they will stop the hostility in return, this is due to my admiring of the Late Chinese Regent of the Shu Kingdom , Zhu Ge Liang who captured the northern barbarian king 7 times, before releasing him 7 times in order for him to submit willingly to the Shu Kingdom🤗

4 Likes

Zhuge Liang capturing Meng Huo 7 times before the Nanman barbarian officially join Shu ?

1 Like

Yes… you are correct.
It was the Shu Kingdom. One of ZhuGe Liang’s marvelous feat,:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Well he is the Sleeping Dragon

1 Like

He had the opportunity to take the throne himself, but he didn’t . I think Shu will be able to survive among the three kingdoms if ZhuGe Liang fully took over.

During the height of Shu, it was Liu Bei’s dreadful mistake trying to avenge Guan Yu that he basically sacrificed most of the Shu Elites for nothing, if it was not ZhuGe Liang helping him to rebuild yet again, Shu will be long gone.

ZhuGe Liang must be heart broken to see his efforts crumbled almost immediately.

Now here is the thing, Liu Bei was neighter good in combat nor a good tactician himself, he was basically applying his Charisma to let all those Generals and ZhuGe Liang help him in building a kingdom

Well, in term of political diplomacy, it was the Wu Kingdom and Sun Quan 's betrayal
But strategically, Liu Bei should calm himself before launching an immediate attack out of anger, especially when the diplomatic offer of handlling over those traitors seem appropriate. Wu Kingdom was fearing the military height of the Shu at that time, and under circumstances if ZhuGe Liang leading an attack, Shu could had won.

But the attack was poorly prepared, and poorly led even though the Shu outnumbered the Wu(if i am not mistaken ) , it felt into traps and geographical manueveur easily where most attacking armies being annihilated. ,:persevere:
Zhao Yun, ZhuGe Liang and other generals were all against Liu Bei launching the attack but Liu Bei never heed their advise out of anger

Well, there is an old quote saying " don’t act when we are consumed by anger ":grin:

Lol… , to return back to Sword of Rhivenia, i think Queen Lena made a sensible choice of not attacking us immediately even after Xavier had been freed

And Erwan had demonstrate great leadership quality by preparing all these year before finally making his decision to attack.

1 Like

Now now let’s not blame it all on Liu Bei, Sun Quan betrayed Shu by attacking fan castle killing Guan Yu and his adoptive son Guan Ping, then Zhang Fei got assassinated by Fan Qiang and Zhang Da before they defected to Wu, so in hindsight the one to be blamed for all this mess is Sun Quan

1 Like

Well to be fair Sun Quan flat out beg Cao Cao to vassalize Wu to Wei in fear of retribution of Shu, of course Cao Cao refused due to his immense respect to Guan Yu. It was after Cao Cao death that his son Cao Pi acccepted it, only after Sun Quan got rejected for the 2nd time, then got accepted to be vassalize for Wei, let this be known Sun Quan for all his smartness can’t really handle retribution before running off to Wei to saved his kingdom, classic cowardice :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Hmmm… I do hope in future series of the Book, MC could capture Erwan or Astryn again, but with the choice of freeing them just like ZhuGe Liang,:grin:
Although i am not sure how Erwan would allow Astryn be captured again after i free her the first time, to free Princess Astryn twice in the mix of war definitely would make a great romance story,:kissing_heart:

You just want to reenact the Meng Huo and Nanman Barbarian capture and assimilation did you

1 Like

Lol… yeah of course, i think for long term peace resolution, to make the enemy willingly submit to our course is the best solution, if we choose agressive resolution like trying for a total annihilation of our enemy, it will further prolong the bloodshed and hatred between family/relative/ supporters of each other, for every survivor of the enemy opposition, they will only come back to haunt us even more .

Hence, genuine alliance should not be an alliance out of fear or greed. I would not make the same mistake as MC father.

The same can say about love relationship, political marriage is always dangerous, If Astryn is to marry MC, she should do it willingly and love MC genuinely

I don’t know about that Ewen it’s prettymuch hellbent on destroying rhivenia and killing Charles, since the latter is poisoned and dead he will settle for the next best thing the new king/queen of Rhivenia. not trying to discourage your optimism but from my pov is to utterly destroy Ewen and his army or brought him to heel, remember as honorable as he is he is still man looking for vengeance for Faris and his mom, i rather be safe than sorry hence he, Astryn, and his whole army must die.

4 Likes