The Sword of Rhivenia: Book One (Submitted)

You’re reading too much into it, mate. There’s nothing in the book indicating what you are saying. They’re childhood friends, Richard has a crush on her and is jealous. Thats all. Is it a healthy relationship? I wouldn’t say that. But to call it grooming is over the line.

39 Likes

Yeah, not a fan of Richard, but that’s a little far. Sir Arnold talks to you about the line between love and obsession. I think that’s more the issue there than your, uh, suggestion.

37 Likes

Richard? Just… no.

There’s a lot of reasons not to like the guy, don’t get me wrong. He’s the favorite child, both by Charles and the people, and is very soft hearted. Look into it, and you might see his “love” more as an Obsession.

But that? No. He’s not that.

25 Likes

Holy shit, cant believe im saying this but the Richard hate has finally gone too far lmfao

We finally reached full circle, now we gotta defend Richard :joy: :joy: :joy:

53 Likes

Holy shit. I was laughing for an entire minute. I’m still giggling as I type this. I just called Richard some unsavory names several posts ago and now I feel obligated to defend him. :skull:

26 Likes

I’m disappointed in you man. Richard suffering is only just beginning in my route as King.:crown::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: I’ll take everything he holds dear and love. XD

1 Like

Dude, as one of the very few people on here that actually likes Richard and spent an unhealthy amount of time writing an analysis of him and his character (lmfao) I think you’re reading too into it.

He never once isolated Clara from anyone. Literally the 2nd scene of them together is with his other friends and they’re all hanging out because both him and Clara are also good friends. He’s also perfectly fine with your character and other siblings talking to her and being friendly with her. He just develops jealousy when you intentionally lean into the romantic direction with her in front of him or she gets cutesy with you, because he’s a literal child during those first handfuls of moments of interaction with him and kids with crushes get jealous?

He’s a relatively sheltered kid that spent his entire life with a mother who puts a lot of pressure on him to be people pleasing and seek approval so he can become King (he doesn’t even want to). Is he obsessed with Clara? Yes, absolutely 100% and would literally drop our entire kingdom for her. But it’s not of a malicious and manipulative grooming nature that you’re implying with him. He just deals with romantic attraction in an unhealthily clingy way because due to his upbringing he craves that close and intimate affection with someone (and Clara is a warm, nurturing person who shares his views on the world). Richard is a very flawed person, but he ain’t evil. He’s just a hopeless romantic who sees Clara as his soulmate because she’s probably the first person in his life non-family related he loved.

41 Likes

I don’t think Richard was pressured by his mother to be people pleasing and seek approval. He himself want other people to love him. I will said he do take this wanting-to-be-loved thing to a level of obsession.

3 Likes

Noway people are saying Richard groomed Clara. You can’t make this shit up anymore, this getting to MHA fanbase levels of ridiculousness.

16 Likes

So, a quick review of TSOR.

I absolutely love this game. The potential complexity and intrigue of the plot is amazing. With three siblings, three core routes, several ROs, tons of socio-political decisions to make, and the tension of war, this series promises to be very captivating. I love that you can absolutely be the ruler everyone hates by being a merciful and kind leader, or be as aggressive as the King had been, ruling through intimidation and fear. Being able to secure alliances at the risk of creating court intrigue among your siblings, or rejecting them to preserve their loyalty, even if it means a much weaker kingdom is amazing. Plus the various plot threads set up with the Asineans, and the pirates seem really fun. So many different branching paths that will hopefully create very diverse experiences spanning the series. Very much Wayhaven levels of story crafting here. I am also excited by the possibility of Richard or Atheris trying to betray the MC, or screw them over if they are ruling instead. I would love to see this :slight_smile:

The ROs are really diverse. I like the potential drama of romancing Clara, especially if Richard is King (I low-key want him to try and pull rank on me). And I adore that Astryn is an RO. The angst, the threats, the danger… And the drama that this will create if either other sibling is ruling is very much interesting :eyes: I was disappointed that you can get very close to Clara, to the point that she very much seems bothered by Richard’s interest in her, only for her to do a complete 180 if you romance someone else.

I was also disappointed that stat checks didn’t really come up for my skills. I think I used archery once, and that was at the beginning when hunting with the king. A few times you can punch people, but it would have been nice to see other choices. Heck, the first hunt as ruler doesn’t even have a skill check, even though it really could have done with one given what happens.

Oh, and one thing I noticed is that I invited Jaraen and Clara to join me in the city. But the writing kept saying Xavier for some reason? He had been freed already and was long gone. But his name kept coming up. It wasn’t until I see the begging children again that Jaraen shows back up.

Anyway, aside from all that I love this game, have been recommending it to everyone, and can’t wait for Book Two!

13 Likes

How to get "perfect Ending " ? Which choie you choose during Speech ?

The speech is easier if you kill Astryn but you can still get a perfect score with these options.

Edit: turns out spoiler tags don't work in quotes
9 Likes

Thank you very much ^^

1 Like

Hi!

Here’s a full list if anyone is curious,

Speech

1st set, condition=Astryn is executed.
#…But I assure you, it will never happen again."
or
#…But I promise you: I will kill every single one of our enemies."
or
#…But I promise you: I will avenge our fallen brothers and sisters."

2nd set
#“Don’t expect it to be better anytime soon. War is coming.”
or
#“Most gold has been spent on the weapons and army which will protect you during the war.”

3rd set
#“Yes, he will suffer death.”
or
#“I will kill him in the worst way possible.”

4th set
#“Anyone who defies us will be dead. No one will dare to harm us ever again!” (Astryn should be executed)
or
#“I won’t lie; it will not be easy. We will suffer a lot. But in the end, we will gain victory.”
or
#“I will hang Erwan’s head on our walls to show everyone how dangerous and powerful we are!”

5th set
#“Death to all our enemies!”
or
#“Pagonia will fall!”

Edit: I just saw that the entire list has been posted. Sorry!

Additional notes: you only need 5 and above points to make a perfect speech so like the above said you can skip the 1st set if Astryn was not executed.

30 Likes

Thank you very much ^^

1 Like

Oh thank god!!!

Question for the folks who are/were Patreons: were there polls about the content of the story? And how was the beta test done? Kinda curious since HG apparently requires games to go through a public beta but the complete story was Patreon-only.

And do tell us about what happens in Book 2 when the new chapters get released there :stuck_out_tongue: (unless there’s an NDA or something)

Edit:

Oh yes, good idea. Before the full release I think I remember reading posts here telling others things like who poisoned the king, which wasn’t in the dashingdon demo, so I thought it would be okay to ask. But perfectly understandable if the author wants to keep things exclusive.

1 Like

idk about an NDA but I do think the author should be asked for permission first at least out of courtesy. Patreon is a way to financially support the author while receiving exclusive content, after all.

1 Like

Well if you don’t romance Clara she seems happy with Richard, which is not a good sight. Just because we see someone as a friend doesn’t mean they should stop having feelings towards us.

1 Like

Before you judge, yes i main Clara, i don’t care about the others :smiley:

1 Like