The Sword of Rhivenia: Book One (Submitted)

The author has said that Ruler!MCs in a poly route will have a choice to get rid of this later in the game, so if that’s the only thing stopping you don’t sweat it.

13 Likes

Oh glad to hear we can do something with that! Had a poly route I was planning on and I didn’t want to do favoritism, hoping I could have the consorts rotate or something.

3 Likes

Thanks! I usually don’t go for poly routes because I feel like I’m using it as an excuse for being indecisive and having favoritism would just make it worse, but now I’ll certainly give it a try.

Now I just have to get my too kind MC with grandma complex (she goes around feeding everyone, the cooks are concerned) to the throne and start making some changes.

12 Likes

Hahaha :joy: My MC is the same :rofl:

12 Likes

Nice, I myself am looking to adopt a boy or a girl when I get married(sometime in the dreamy future that will not happen unless I get a good woman first)

1 Like

Honestly if I could make Jarean and Lena moronsexual for my chaotic dumbass of a MC next book, that would be glorious. I wouldn’t even need to kill our stepmother from hell to be happy!

Okay, to be fair Isabelle isn’t that bad, but she did say that she hopes we fail bc we’re Alvena’s favorite child and was happy when we were poisoned so fuck her.

Lmao I did not expect to enjoy this game so much going into it but here we are.

17 Likes

Just gonna say that I enjoyed the demo a lot and I certainly cannot wait for the COG release!
That poly romance and pissing Richard off further will be so much fun.

8 Likes

Finally finished playing through the demo. I loved the writing and characters. I unironically like Princess Atheris and think she’d be alright as the Monarch. I reckon the responsibilities as monarch will force her to mature.

Some of my favourite parts of the game is definitely the pacing. I feel like the time gaps happen just often enough to give us (the reader) new content. Nothing has really stuck out as “over staying it’s welcome.”

Another favourite part of mine is how wholesome the siblings can be and how much angst can come from a low rel sibling. In my first ever run I befriended Richard and got that sweet sweet “He never cared about the throne, but he always cared about you.” Then when I wanted to RO Clara for fun, boy oh boy. “He’s angry because you become the king.”

To the things I want more/less of. I think I’d like some more Queen Isabelle scenes and a lot less Queen Alvena. She comes off as whiny, so whiny and annoying I thought the reason there was clear Richard favouritism because she was annoying.

Speaking of the King though, he’s a pretty bad father lol. I know that’s the point of his character but he straight up was like: “I hate your mother, more than I loved you, deal with it lol” Chad energy imo.

A few questions though, in the village and in the MC’s coronation, does the village children always find Richard to be the best option as King and do people always walk out? Also shouldn’t there be more options with dealing with Freya’s pirate lover? I was thinking the MC would at least talk to her but there was like none of that. And can we lie to Prince Xavier about helping him escape? I don’t think he’s a liar but I doubt 1 prince of an entire kingdom (who may not even become King) would change the mind of his sister who forcibly became a vassal.

Anyways great demo, I want to have something to look forward to during, so I’ll wait until launch to see what does happen post coronation.

Matteo totally poisoned the King lmao

10 Likes

Doubt thats gonna happen since she’s your mother lol.

14 Likes

That’s fucked up but you do you fam.

2 Likes

Till whre does the story go in the public demo , not patreon.

1 Like

From where the sword will choose which one of you siblings will be the next ruler. @Jumpy_hamster

1 Like

Till the coronation sequence where the sword chooses you or not based on your character’s leadership stat.

I really love it!!
One question, will the MC be able to romance King Erwan? I think it would be too much angst, just the way I like it.

1 Like

I would be super interested in beta testing and I have experience beta testing as well as beta testing in this genre.

2 Likes

Erwan is MC’s cousin. You can romance Astryn though, which is like a 10/10 on the angst meter.

10 Likes

The first person I thought that poisoned King Charles was Matteo haha

3 Likes

Oh that’s a shame…well cousins were allowed to marry back then.
Not for me, she’s a girl haha

1 Like

Habsburg

8 Likes

This game is definitely one of most anticipated game

5 Likes