You are a bird in a gilded cage. Fight to help change the world or choose not to. Either way, nothing can stay the same.
Being a young Level 3 summoner means your future was never yours to choose. Drafted into the 1st Battalion, your hand is forced to contract with spirits that will fight for your kingdom—at the expense of your life. Dance to the beat of a drum you don’t hear, to the words of the Creators that decide whether you live or die.
Will you find yourself with the future you always dreamed about, or will you become yet another number in history?
- Play as male, female, or non-binary.
- Forge a bond with three other characters who are caught up in the same battle you are.
- Play as a reluctant character who is Not having a good time.
- Choose choices that correlate to your character instead of stat checks.
- Get the opportunity to pet a Spirrebird if you want.
- Have fun at a festival before unraveling the lies of the past and future.
- Celebrate your birthday, a date you’ve almost forgotten.
- Join in a revolution or shun it entirely.
You are lost and adrift, but in the Kingdom of Faolkr, you cannot be lost forever.
Note:Hey everyone, this is my first attempt at an IF and honestly, my first serious writing too! (That should explain why my coding is incredibly shoddy and probably misrepresents how much unique words there actually are.) It's intended to be a standalone with at least 100k words but will probably be longer. Is it romance focused? It probably is.
I might change any part of the story, my mind can be a fickle thing—I’d like to add more to early chapters but I don’t want to have the scope get too large to the point I never deliver lol
It’s looking like some POVs will have to be added after I finish things because I’ll be honest, I’m not sure which scenes would fit where even if I have the timeline sorted out.
I’ve outlined the important plot points but I’m sort of a pantser and my outlines are never good haha (why is writing a satisfying and well thought out ending so hard?)
ROs (or friends!):
-Caine: Enneagram Type 6, The Loyalist (Levels of Development ~3/4)
Binding scars from the chains imposed upon them stretch across their arms. Their clothes are nothing like you’ve ever seen before and contain shades of white, green, black, and red. Caine’s almost plain enough to be mistaken as a human, but it’s undeniable their true nature, especially when they wield their spear. While they have tougher skin than most, their fighting can get reckless at times, causing them to bleed bright red from their injuries.
-Rei: Enneagram Type 1, The Reformer (Levels of Development ~4/7)
The binding scars left by ghostly chains wrapping around their neck and body mar their otherwise perfect appearance. Their clothes remind you of sunlight, pure and white, and what the Seraphim in the Kingdom of Celen wear. Large, white feathered wings with an undertone of cream sprout from their back. They fight with several blades of unadulterated light, invisible hands sending them to wherever the next quarry is. All grime seems to fall off of them but they still bleed gold.
-Jackal: Enneagram Type 3, The Achiever (Levels of Development ~4)
They’re your summoner ally, brought in to replace your previous one that was transferred out. Like you, when in battle, they wear the familiar summoner’s combat garb. A hooded cloak atop light armor. Unlike you, they don’t wear gloves on their days off. On their right hand, they have the muted bronze mark of a fading contract. It’s in the shape of a beast, a Ferrecat. On the left, a white four-point star sits.
Word count w/o code: ~75k (~21k per playthrough)
Content warnings: angsty/depressive content, mentions of self harm, war, death, slight gore & injuries
Here is the demo link:
Dashingdon: 10/16/2023 (m/d/yr)
-Finished route for the festival with Calla
Please help me with:
(doesn’t have to be restricted to this list)
- Any grievous errors whether in the writing, story, or code or things I overlooked
- Anything you’d like to see or if you think something’s sloppy with the pacing or something
- Tips for writing romance progression :’D
Questions I’d love for you to answer:
(suggestions probably won't be implemented right away)
- How do you perceive any of the characters?
- How do you feel about the MC you’re playing?
- Anything you’re confused about from the writing?
- Any choices that need improving? How?
- Which were your favorite scenes? Which could use improving?
- Where do you think the story is going? How do you think it might end?
- Did you enjoy it?
If you’d like to help me justify spending more time writing instead of living life, I’d sorely appreciate it! I wish I could write full time ko-fi.com/kezthier
I might also end up putting some scrapped content on there at some point, when I know they’re scrapped for good lol