The Strongest Weakling (WIP) (Update: 30-9-20)

LUS. The London University of Superheroes. It’s in the top 10 of the best universities related to being a superhero in the world. Most people, even the ones with top-tier superpowers, either fail the test miserably, or barely pass by the skin of their teeth. Only the ones with not only powerful abilities, but also the skill to use those abilities well, can get in. Out of the 90% of the people on this planet who have powers, very few have the abilities, combined with the skills, to pull it off.

But, you don’t really have to worry about abilities, do ya? I mean…you ARE in the 10%, after all. Born to a family that’s…best left alone, let’s just hide that away…repress some of that angst, replace it with some humour, and…perfect. Anyways, so, you’re taking on some of the most powerful people in the world, with a pretty big disadvantage.

Or so it would seem. Everyone always underestimates the smart one until they see for themselves, after all.

So, go out there, and show them what you’re made of.

And slaughter the ones who dare to get in your way-…Ignore that little outburst.

Characters
  • Zinnia/Zeke

The prodigal child of the strongest hero in the world. Also, a massive flirt.

*Marcie/Marshall

A cute telekinetic who’s quite shy.

• Alifa/Alfred

An edgy person who’s trying WAYYYYYYY too hard to seem cool.

Updates
13-7-20

This was a MEATY update. I think I’ve made the story a LOT better, now.

Changelog
  • Added prologue, and chapter 2, and parts of Chapter 3 (Technically 3 and 4 since I put the character creation as its own separate file in the chapters)

• Removed flavour text that could be seen as racist

• Gave pretentious titles to all the chapters

• First encounter with the ROs

• Clues about the MC’s backstory

TODO
  • Eat a pizza and relax

• Maybe more ROs in the future?

• If fans demand it, will give the characters funny accents.

19-7-20

ALL MY FUCKING DATA GOT FUCKING CORRUPTED AND I DON’T HAVE BACKUPS

Sorry about that outburst, but, yeah, I think it’ll be a while before I can update again. I just have to do everything all over again…loud sobbing noises

It’ll take a while to update now…I’m sorry.

27-8-20

It’s a smaller one than I would prefer…but…It’s an update. I added a gallery of all the current ROs, as well, just because that gave me something to do. I decided to rename the shy and nerdy RO from Dot/Dotsy to Marshall/Marcie. I’ll be adding more details up there.

Changelog
  • Added some trigger warnings

• Added save system

• Fixed bug where Chapter 4 didn’t exist

• New bug where Chapter 5 doesn’t exist

TODO
  • Make a PayPal account in order to get some art commissioned for this

• Maybe get an official contract with Hosted Games?

• Start figuring out ways to be more creative

30-9-20

I didn’t add a whole lot, but I did make a few parts that I think are quite important.

Changelog
  • Fleshed out the Stats screen, best results would be at the opening of chap 4 if you wanna check
  • Did some spell checking and general ironing out of past chapters
  • Finished up with chapter 4, established the big internal conflict of the MC throughout the narrative
TODO
  • Finish my drawings of the chapter art so that I can make it in digital form
  • Get someone to make cover art for me (Either through paypal, or by asking reaaaaaaallllly nicely)

The actual game
My tumblr if you guys wanna ask questions

160 Likes

The tone is really nice; it had its moments. Though it’s still too short to give a constructive feedback.

Suggestion
  • Maybe provide choices when choosing name and MC’s features? Lazy readers like me will appreciate it :sweat_smile:
8 Likes

I suck at naming, so, maybe not that, but, I’ll definitely include choices for MC physical features. When you say that it ‘had its moments’, could you tell me where you felt it best? I’m asking so that I know what standard to hold myself to.

1 Like

It’s a mix of snarky and jovial, like the part where we’re being asked which gender we were interested in.

This one:
3 Likes

Don’t worry, my dumbass will give you a LOT of moments like that. However, I still plan on having a semi-serious story, so, don’t expect 24/7 laughter.

Though, if you want extra comedy, I suggest that you click “Show Stats” before you name your MC.

7 Likes

This super much reminds me of MHA…just the vibe and stuff. I like the sassy tone, but the writing is a bit confusing at times.

A suggestion is that maybe at the very beginning, put the title of the chapter or something of the kind. The story kinda starts really abruptly somehow, and maybe just needs a little pacing.

Good luck with this project!

1 Like

100% inspired by MHA, in fact, I almost wrote “Quirks” instead of Powers. I’ll keep the pacing in mind. Thanks for the suggestions!

5 Likes

Demo looks fun, the writing is short and simple, making it interesting to read.

It definitely leaves the reader wishing for more, can’t wait to see if we’ll get powers or other types of skills. If we do get powers, just make sure it’s not from eating hair. :rofl:

5 Likes

I haven’t fully thought out the story yet, but, I won’t give the MC natural powers. If there’s some sort of artifact they can use that is similar to a power, that’s allowed. But no actual superpowers, as I always find scenarios where you have to overcome a disadvantage to be all the more interesting.

Plus I’m a Batman fan.

4 Likes

This game is spicy nice and Naughty(the tits part) I Hope there’s more to that :grin: :grin: and will the Mc be able to choose his weapons,gear and Gadgets ?

1 Like

I think summary need a tad more to it but seems interesting like we’re batman with having no powers

1 Like

Okay this WIP is kinda cute! I love the mischievous, playful tone – it’s very entertaining.

One thing I would suggest editing is the text after the “tan” skin tone choice. I’m not sure saying “it’s like being an honorary black guy” is a super great line of flavor text.

Other than that, I’m excited to get into the plot!

10 Likes

Yes they will. In the story, you’ll be making your own gear, to use it to your advantage.

2 Likes

Ah, I remembered reading this on the dashingdon website before I saw this thread. I honestly liked it, even though it’s still quite short, and the sense of humour in there is honestly hilarious

Thanks for that! The sense of humor I’m going for is a mix of internet humor and Marvel sarcasm, but I plan to have it surprise you, as well. And don’t worry, it won’t stay short for long(that’s what she said), because I’m coming up with new ideas 24/7.

Well I look forward to whatever you come up with. I planned on keeping I an eye you WIP on dashingdon even if you didn’t make the thread, but this ha become more convenient.

2 Likes

Getting Izku Midoriya vibes being the MC. :joy:

2 Likes

Almost typed Quirks instead of Powers

3 Likes

I’m with @violet here- cringed pretty hard at both the “honorary black guy” thing and the “white people dance bad” joke. Especially the former, as quite a few black people do have skin you could call tan, and aren’t on any level “honorary”.

9 Likes

Sorry about that, I realized I was being dumb a little too late. Don’t worry, I’ll change it up in the next version. I hope that you still enjoyed the rest of it?

2 Likes