The Soul Stone War (WIP)— Full Demo Uploaded, Guide to Secret RO on #1124

cool!

So…

How to name a donkey ? Since you seem to be going DA route…DonkSpawn ? :joy:

And…butthurt dude is Morrigan? no wait…he doesnt have her wit . But I’m pretty sure the other guy is Alistair… :laughing:

1 Like

can our soul weapon be something like gauntlets ?

@Redhood53 Oops, got me, haha. When I saw them movie I was like, I need a stone in my life. So the title was born🤣

@E_RedMark Archdonkey? She definitely has the magnificence for it😂 Also, stop calling me out! The characters are unique, I haven’t been influenced by anything at all! I am ORIGINAL© (Straasa is definitely inspired by Alistair…)

3 Likes

@Axl_17 Hmm, I thought about that, but I’m undecided. Gauntlets or a shield maybe. I need to think about this…

1 Like

if there are elves…why dont we have a female drunk companions ? come on! it be so much fun lol

Instead I’m stuck between Alistair being nauseating sweet snicker and Annoymen :joy:

:smile: maybe we find a mabari on our way in this adventure!

found: What do you do? Do you make a run for it? What about {name_mule}? You still don’t know where she is. Will these two attack you right inside this inn?

2 Likes

if you put a shield i will become captain america

I would rather use something sharp :stuck_out_tongue:

@Axl_17 Oh man, soul stones and epic shields, I’m gonna get copyright issues, lol😅

will you add a female version of zebran too ?

edit: shet i though straasa was one of the female RO T_T

@E_RedMark Well, I’d hate to disappoint you, so maybe I can throw in a drunk scene with the female elf companion? That could actually work!! As far as the mabari goes, I don’t know, there’s the donkey already. If I have to be responsible for two animal sweethearts in this game, it might be too much pressure. Who cares about the world, stay away from my furry family! Also, fixed the bug!

3 Likes

found: "Is our lass in distress giving you trouble, Straasa?" a voice breaks the silence, sounding highly entertained.

“Morkai, come on, she false help,” the unamused man holding you replies.

"False she about to faint?" the other voice asks dryly.

also anywhere you put the word ‘hell’’ its ‘hel’ .

@DontJudge Yes, stabbity stab stab! Live your best life👍

1 Like

@Axl_17 Pfftt🤣 He uses “he” pronouns, thank you very much! Also, I kinda have a female version of Zevran? Daelynn is a female, light-hearted elf… Oh boy, I’m committing idea theft left and right😅

thnx for confirming…

I’m romancing the last female then…:joy: butthurt Aveline like…Woot!

1 Like

Wondering can i be evil in this i cause i always love having the option to be a real bastard plus another thing do you have to have any companions not a real fan of forced companions.

1 Like

Played it, loved it. Nice plot, great writing, and the humour is really well-done. It doesn’t take away from the seriousness of the things going on, but feels like a personality trait the MC has instead of being a blank slate, which is nice.

Not a big fan of Morkai and Straasa so far, even though they seem nice enough (saving our life and whatnot). My MC is a little bit suspicious of them going to these lengths to help a stranger out, seemingly out of pure generosity. Hopefully those suspicions will soon either be curbed (or proven true). I also hope we’ll get to see different facets of their personalities, underneath the surface ones.

This question may be a bit spoilery, but is the Mayor done with us for good? Is he going to be more pain in the future?

A few more things (mostly typos):

For the longest time, he doesn’t say anything. Just stares at me. But he hasn’t started laughing at me to my face, so I take it as a good sign.

Then he starts to laugh uproariously. It goes on for a bit, and I can do nothing but helplessly watch. Just when you’re about to damn it all to hell and attack them anyway, he stops and fixes you with a wide grin.

The narrative suddenly jumps from second to first person here. I think that was not intentional?

Is being serious? What a question, of course he is.

Is he being serious?

Second of all, because the would-be archers have looked you in their sights and are about to spring on you.

All you know is that; one) you have a headache, 2)you are warm and your muscles feel like butter, and three) you are starving.

I think it reads better if ‘2’ is written as ‘two’ as well.

You head whips toward the window that is letting warm ,orange rays of light into the small room.

The space is before the comma, instead of after it.

What that even a thought worth of consideration?

Was

There is a sitting area food sent to the left of your room.

There may not even be a typo here (sorry if there isn’t), but this sentence was a little confusing to me. Especially the bolded part. English isn’t my first language :sweat_smile:

You can’t tell what his is thinking.

he

Aside from all that—once again, loved the writing! Can’t wait to meet the other characters and see how the story progresses. Good luck!

2 Likes

I love story you did good job on it

I’ve ready fallen in love twice!

How did you know I have weaknesses to both playful, bad ass red heads AND kind men with dreads?! Its like you’re in my head!

The only thing I noticed that you might want to take a look at is the town name…

I immediately fought off the men who where questioning me without telling them where I was from, which meant the town was still set to “Unknown” during the Dorlas confrontation. (Really only in the line telling us that Colbert lived down the street)

7 Likes

I suffer from the same affliction as you do my friend. I don’t know which one to pursue as this game proceeds (which I hope it does cause I’ll throw my money at the creator if so. HERE TAKE IT CREATOR!:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:), but then I realized:

I don’t need to. :smile_cat:

The writing be tween Morkai and Straasa is very good. In my opinion, it’s pretty fluid and easy to read. It never feels as if their relationship is forced. In short, I think you make their relationship feel very authentic.

I liked pretty much all of the scenes, but sometimes I felt like the fainting might have been a tad much on some routes you go. However, I can imagine doing that in the situations my character was placed in. Maybe give a choice sometimes about the fainting in some scenes? Tho I do like the idea of my socially awkward character being caught by her crush multiple times.

I do so enjoy putting her through emotional torture. :blush:

2 Likes