The Soul Stone War General Discussion Thread (Romance And Stones Guide on #6)

@TatsuiChiyo You need to have no flirts with Morkai and/or Straasa, then have 5 shy flirts with Daelynn and 3 shy flirts with Eledwen. Then you should be good to go! There is also a guide at #6.

2 Likes

I gave myself a headache from staring at my phone for so long because I went back after doing Manerkol’s route, and attempted to do all the Morkai and Straasa routes. :laughing: Haha! The game is already over and I want more! It’s so fun to read! Thank you for making this story! I swear, whenever you start doing beta testing for Book 2 in the distant future, I can see myself being that person who is frantically waving their hands in the air saying, ‘Pick me! Pick me!’ :rofl:

6 Likes

Me, a few hours ago when I got the email: “Oh, I remember this wip! Definitely going to grab that now, excellent way to start a weekend!”

Me, around chapter 7: “Oh my god this has gotten even better than I remember. But… I read a lot, so I get the sense we’re getting close to the end. But there’s still far too much to do, and I can’t see the author rushing through it all…”

Me, just now, getting to the end cliffhanger: “… Ah. I somehow missed that this will be a series. How dare my emotions be played with like this. How dare I be left wanting more.”

Forreal though, fantastic job!! It’s been far too long since I’ve been able to sit down and utterly devour a piece of writing like I did this. I adore the characters and I’m on the edge of my seat in anticipation of what you’ve got up your sleeves for what comes next!

( I did the Morkai and Strassa poly route, and ended up getting Jade, in staff shape. )

12 Likes

I was able to purchase the game in the iOS app, but when I try to play, it says there’s a network error loading the game.

Thank you so muuuch!!!

3 Likes

Is there a cap for the skill? I got magic to 46% and after that it didnt increase anymore. Or maybe after certain chapter there is no increase in skill?

1 Like

So first play through ended up with the Jade Stone and Whip in a Poly DE relationship. I really like the companions here, and if I hadn’t fallen in absolute love with the spoiler person, this would be my canon route. This relationship was very well done, and I enjoyed it immensely. Recommended it to all my friends after this first run.

Second one, I did everything in my power to get into relationship with the Head Seeker…and will continue to do so going into the next books. I KNOW the relationship is toxic. I also know I NEED it. 10/10 would join the dark-side for toxic werewolf relationship. Joking aside, it should be noted I did both these runs blind, which really shaped how the second MC turned out. This one ended with the Obsidian Stone and Staff, with Obsidian only just beating out Jade and this is important. This MC is going to be my canon one going forward. Due to the traumatic events of the MC’s childhood in Harvest’s Bounty he was pretty aloof and standoffish to everyone too friendly. However he has been following his intuition this whole time, something keeps pulling him towards this group. And once he meets the Head Seeker and High King, it becomes clear to him at least, this is the reason why. Someone is always going to be hunting him and someone is always going to be hurt being near him, and this manifested in both his “romance” options and stone powers. (I didn’t even know the High King was an option until it popped up during the stone bit.) The Mind (Pragmatic) keeps tell him “No, dude…just no.” but the Heart (Intuition) is all in with the Body co-signing. So at least in this particular MC’s story, the only reason he doesn’t join up given the option in the next book is if the High King goes through with his punishment on the Head Seeker and turns her into a monster. Then it’s all out war to save her. Which after pillaging the MC’s head, he should know is coming. (Another funny note is that the High King would have had to seen the only reason the MC wasn’t trying to get with HIM is because of Her. I chuckled at that thought.) This MC is not alright, and it’s been fun doing some fanfiction about it.

Great game, easily one of my top 3 games from this site. Looking forward to the next installments.
(Edited this post because it didn’t want to double post but wanted to finish up what I was saying.)

7 Likes

So is the friendmance only for the solo routes? because i tried it with DE poly but the option was greyed out even though i had the 5 points for dae and 3 for elly

1 Like

@Grimeowlkin Thank you! :heart_eyes: I’m so glad you enjoyed it! And when I start doing the beta from book 2, I’ll announce it here so be sure to reply fast! :wink:

@HeraldMage It is indeed going to be a series :joy: Sorry to play with your emotions, but there was simply no way to fir everything in without making it a 4000000-word book :grimacing: I need time to give everything it’s due consideration, you know? :smirk: :wink:

@Holtzmann You’re welcome! I’m glad you’re having fun with it!

@Ray There is no cap, but there are no increases after Chapter 8, I believe. And 46% sounds around as high as you can get magic in this book.

@Dancingcups That’s an interesting way to play the game for sure :eyes: I did not expect people to be attracted to Mornie this much. I’m getting a lot of requestions to make her a full RO already :sweat_smile:

@Kaylo342 Yes, the polys are only unlocked with bold or shy flirting. Friendmance is only for the solo routes, so trying that with the polys will get you locked out.

9 Likes

This was so much fun! I love the MC’s personality, especially if we’re playful. Shit is going down but there’s always time to be a dumbass! And it feels really satisfying your soul stone corresponds to your stats. Although I felt some stats were harder to raise than others… maybe that’s just my bias for certain playstyles.

I really enjoyed the cast, the banter is fun and seeing all those diff personalities bounce of each other is a delight. And I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all those poly options! Not only do you get to see diff sides of these chars in a poly relationship, it helps avoid the sad feeling of “stealing” a character from someone else they’d be great with. Now just let me set up the characters I’m not romancing, haha!
And ofc, the secret RO, my god /fans self. It was wild and intense and there was so much more to it than I woulda thought! Slow burn is for suckers.

I’m super hyped for the next game! I usually dread serials, because scope creep and burnout often means the sequel takes x3 the time the first one took. But I’m sure in this case the inevitable wait will be worth it.

4 Likes

You ever watch between the lions cause right now you got me feeling like Cliff Hanger. Seriously though I’m a little mad cause I know its gonna be a year to 2 years minimum till this gets resolved. I will say the fact I’m mad is a good thing though considering the circumstances.

7 Likes

Wait, wait… Getting friendmance options mixed with romance definitely lock us out in book 1, right? But you said that the friendmance existed to forge some kind of a “slow burn” romantic path… Does that mean in book 2 we can make our romance official when we already had it mixed up with friendmance in book 1?

@Jackrabbit The stats can get about the same amount of raises, but which paths you take can have an effect. The branching at the beginning of the story can make you lose out on some combat/magic or persuasion/wits raises, and then are options that raise the non-combat stats in various dialogues and stuff! Play around, you can get the stats to around 40-50 with some tinkering!

And I’m so glad you liked the cast! Writing their interactions and dynamics is one of my favorite things to do! And the polys, although a lot of work, are sooooo worth it! (If I may say so myself LMAO) I don’t know whether getting the companions together with each other without the MC will be a feature, however… And i really do hope the wait will be worth it :wink:

@felz Friendmance is a romance mode by itself, so if you play like that, the option to lock-in a romance in book 1 will still unlock. The text will be different, of course, to reflect that the MC has only just realized they’re developing feelings—but you still need to lock in the romance in book 1. And locking in doesn’t mean that the romance is official for the MC and the companions, only for the player. So in-game, it might take a while before the MC and a companion become a couple! So long story short, choose your romance mode, lock the romance, and then watch it slowly (or not so slowly) progress in book 2!

7 Likes

I love ya morgan! Sweet as honey are the r.o. (minus mornie and manerkol buuut it’s too soon to decide that i think…) plus it was a roller coaster ride with the plot! I absolutely love replaying the game over and over again. just asking if we ever get to see bain and dorlas get karma they deserve though. Also the romance route for different options are superb story telling! :kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_heart::kissing_closed_eyes::grin:

4 Likes

Thank you for such an awesome book :heart::heart: I’m so in love with every character especially Morkai :sob::sob: he is a grump but can get really sweet sometimes​:kissing_heart::kissing_heart:Cant believe you left us hanging like that tho :sob: Now im dying for book two :sob: but it will worth the wait i just know it. Thank youuuu so much​:heart:

6 Likes

Just finished my first playthrough with the secret RO and by the end, I had to turn on the fan bc things were getting a bit heated. It was intense and cliffhanger did its job well. Too well. Anyway I enjoyed reading book one immensely and thank you for powering through and finishing it. I look forward to the second (& maybe you can go on that vacation now that this book has been published)!

One more thing before I get back to romancing: It’s something that confused me the most about Manerkol’s route. Did we or the soul stone force a soulmate bond on him?? o.o

7 Likes

@hungryciti This is just my speculation so take it with a grain of salt, but I think MC and Manerkol are already bonded through the MC gift dream walk. Then, the stone is the one who strengthens that bond per MC desire and make it a soul mate bond

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna have to cast my vote for Mornie as an RO. I guess I’m just a masochist but the whole ‘I want to consume you but also want to sleep with you’ and ‘I hate you you’re evil but I’ll do anything for you’ thing is delicious :eyes:

13 Likes

Me too

3 Likes

I see! If that’s the case then, I understand now they’re made soulmates with an existing bond. Though I’m a little surprised that he just accepted the soulmate thing immediately without any resistance

4 Likes