The Soul Stone War General Discussion Thread (Romance And Stones Guide on #6)

Yep.

:grimacing:

More like something starting with S…

…and ending in traasa. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I just made an account to let you know that I am eternally grateful for this masterpiece and especially for the Manerkol romance guide :sob: Thank you and I look forward to the sequel.

3 Likes

Same thoughts!!! I mean not the yandere dragon part, but the possibility of transmuted something. Like it’s too… sentient for a mule for me HAHAHAHA

Wait, is that an option? :star_struck:

@kris_g It depends on what counts as an option for you :rofl: She is not a RO, but you can get one kiss with her and say that you’re attracted to her.

But that’s about it :grimacing:

2 Likes

So we’re stuck with the stone no matter what. No other choices but to continue on with the story? Will there be at least later options to get rid of the stone, or break away from its control? I’m actually creeped out by how this story turned out. Anyways, it was a nice adventure while it lasted.

For those of you not active on my Tumblr or Discord, I present to you an alternate rendition of Morkai’s portrait that I absolutely love!

It was created by loghace, and it’s simply amazing as far as I’m concerned :heart_eyes: So for those of you that haven’t seen it, enjoy!

34 Likes

:flushed: not sure if these DEMAN- I mean Questions are somehow spoilers but like… How many stones are there in this world?? Will more be created?? Is this the only world?? Is there anything or… Anyone like More Powerful than a stone that we will At Least Hear about?how long does it take for a stone to form?? :eyes::eyes::thinking::eyes::eyes: Sorry if they were already like answered.

1 Like

.:flushed:.

@Bookz23 There is a fair amount of Stones in the world, and more may be created… As for whether this is the only world, do you mean like is there a multiverse? I will say that time magic is very potent is this universe, but it takes a tremendous amount of power to pull off. But one can play with time, for sure, and when one can play with time, they can play with space too.
As to whether there is something more powerful than a Stone… Well, Manerkol is stronger than a single one. And there may or may not be other individuals that can surpass a Stone in power… But I can’t answer how long it takes for a Stone to be created because it is SUPER spoilery :rofl:

6 Likes

:blush:
:thinking: Do the stones have to be made like one specific way? And can other stones be used to destroy them? Could Manerkol or Anyone Actually Handle multiple stones? What was Manerkol like Before his stone? :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Apologies if these are also too spoilery… :eyes::flushed::eyes:
Or annoying.

not to be dramatic but that artwork is everything my morkai-appreciating self has ever and could ever dream, come true :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

4 Likes

I also want Manerkol drawing! I’m so curious to know how you imagined him! Unfortunately I can’t draw even a line right…T_T

Just played the game for the first time yesterday and replayed it today, thought I’d get my thoughts down while they were still fresh

My thoughts

The good:

The romances/characters: They all felt like they could possibly exist as real people and we’re all very sweet in their own ways. Even Mornie and Manerkol (who are absolutely insane by the way) were compelling, Mornie especially being someone I loved to hate. I do wish we’d gotten a bit more on Manerkol and his motivations, but I can look past that since this is the first book.

The plot: It starts off rather slow, not really picking up until about a fourth of the way through, but boy does it get good. The whole “The Lord of All wants to see you” scene was intriguing and really added quite a bit of tension.

The humor: A minor point but still great nonetheless. I had points where I was genuinely trying not to laugh out loud because there were people around me. It added some levity to the tense scenes as well.

The not so good:

The pacing: As I said before, the game starts off rather slow and doesn’t really go anywhere until a fourth of the way through. There were also some issues with the way traveling was handled, for example when the party goes to the Elf village for the torc. I feel that the time on the road could have been used to explore some of the characters more, such as Manerkol or allowed for the MC to raise their stats a bit

The MC: While I can understand that the MC is significantly less powerful and has less experience than the rest of the party, the MC felt incredibly useless. There were maybe 2 scenes where I found the MC to actually make a difference, those being the troll scene and the scene where Eledwen is harassed by the villagers. I’ll be honest, I feel like the whole story could have been the same without the MC and with Manerkol invading the dreams of another one of the party members.

Agency: The MC has little to no agency in this book, with most of the heavy lifting and decision making being done by everyone else. I found the best example of this to be when Mornie kidnaps the MC. MC can do almost nothing to escape Mornie and almost gets assaulted while they’re kidnapped. Again, MC always has to be saved by other party members, and is never able to save themselves.

Impact: The players choices have little to no impact on the story. The player isn’t even offered choices sometimes. For example, with the soul stones, it seems that the stone we end up with doesn’t matter. We also aren’t given the choice to accept the stone, even though my MC would most definitely accept the stone if it meant being able to save their friends from Manerkol and defend themself. The only choices that seemed to impact the story were the romance choices.

TLDR: A solid 7.5/10, compelling characters and a fascinating plot but hampered by pacing issues, lack of world building and little to no player agency. I am still eagerly waiting for the sequel though.

3 Likes

Isn’t there one on the tumblr that Morgan reblogged?

Definitely will be playing this multiple times I didn’t realise this was out facepalm as I remember reading the demo and at that point deciding for Morkai but all the RO’s are so good. I feel like I should start with someone other than the secret RO but I’m so tempted. I like the villains-which I can’t help. If anyone reads YA books I’m a fan of the Darkling in the Grisha Trilogy and especially Malachiasz in Wicked Saints

I’ve been wondering and personally I’ve replayed the game multiple times just because Morkai is a legend :rofl:. However, I recently went thorugh the guide and there was a scene I desperately wanted to get.
I’m not sure if this counts as a spoiler but I’m not taking risks.

#I move to reach her, but I’m stopped by the agony radiating from my calf. “Shit!” Morkai swears.

#Swallow thickly as his hands touch my skin…not the time, ${name_player}!
*set Mor_shyflirt +1
*set Morkai_flirt +1
*set Morkai %+5

#“Make sure not to miss any spots, yeah? Touch everywhere if you must,” I urge him with a chuckle.
*set Morkai_flirt +1
*set Morkai %+5
*set Mor_boldflirt +1
#I don’t like seeing him upset. And he does have a right to be angry right now. Try to comfort him, ignoring my hammering heart.
*set Morkai %+5
*set Morkai_flirt +1
*set Mor_shyflirt +1
#Maybe I can distract him a bit? Give him something else, something more pleasant than Daelynn to focus on. I have just the thing in mind.
*set Morkai %+5
*set Morkai_flirt +1
*set Mor_boldflirt +1

Thank you.

1 Like

I think those are the options for the scene if you don’t go in the kobold cave with Daelynn, Straasa, and Morkai. So to get them, you just need to choose the one that’s like “I’m not going in there! Persuade them to let me stay out here” to have your character stay outside.

1 Like

@Bookz23 I love your curiosity, but some of your questions are soooo spoilery :rofl: I can answer some of them, though: Yes, they are made in a specific way. That’s it, that’s all I can answer fxkfkxfgcc :joy: My excuses :grimacing:

@Luana_Bellotti There is actually a portrait gallery that you can access in-game. You can see the portraits of all the characters there. They are made in a different style than tjis ine, but I will get them all done in this style too because I love it. Manerkol is next :kissing_heart:

@Lola_Lastin The first three happen if you choose to play it smart and stay close to the others. And the last 2 happen if you choose that you’re not afraid of combat :+1:t2:

4 Likes