The Soul Stone War General Discussion Thread (Romance And Stones Guide on #6)

You are a person on the run from your past, and no matter how far or fast you go, you cannot outrun your destiny. In this epic journey, it’s not just your life that hangs on the balance. Ancient artifacts of untold power are waking up from their millennia-old sleep and whoever controls them will help mold the shape of your world.

Embark on a journey of self-discovery, sacrifice, and heroism, meet the people that are bound to you through the threads of fate, fall in love or fall in despair. Will you rise up to the challenge that is to be a Soul Stone Wielder? Or will you allow the world to be shrouded in darkness? The choice is yours.

The Soul Stone War is the first book in a series that allows you to play as a character in a fantasy world, beset by your own problems, who then unexpectedly becomes a Wielder of a Soul Stone. You can play as male, female or non-binary and you can romance four different people, two men and two women, with a secret romance option thrown in. The intention behind this book is to hit the sweet spot between emotional storytelling focusing on relationships and friendships, and some ass-kicking action!

Become a Wielder of a Soul Stone, the shape of which will be determined by your stats, and help save the world from the sinister plans of the Lord of All. Find your soulmate (or soulmates) and fight along their side in this mad race that will determine how everything ends. Your Soul Stone is waiting for you.

The game is available here:

The Hosted Games Page.

Steam.

Google Play.

Amazon.

Apple.

Here is also the link to the old thread, plus links to my Tumblr, Patreon, Ko-Fi, and the Discord server!

Tumblr

Patreon

Ko-Fi

Discord Server

~*~

Hi everyone,

my name is Morgan, and this is the general discussion thread for my newly released game, The Soul Stone War! Here we can all talk about the game, the first of a planned series, and I can keep everyone up to date about what is going on with my writing and the future of The Soul Stone War series!

These are the main features of the game:

1. Focus on relationships and romance that builds over time! You don’t have to romance someone, however, you can just be friends with them instead, and I hope to make the option just as rewarding as a romance.

2. Play as male, female, or non-binary.

3. Four main romance options, plus one secret one. The main ones are two men and two women and their genders are locked. But between these four you can have three poly routes, and I’m hoping to make the romance really extensive and rewarding!

4. Lots of choices and customization, seriously, I drove myself crazy coding this thing. But I really like the end result, so no regrets!

5. You can choose your name, gender, sexuality, and appearance. Also, your very own Soul Stone that changes depending on your stats. The weapons are twofold: they have a unique gemstone, and a unique shape! There are 6 gemstones and 8 shapes in total!

So, a bit about the world. The Soul Stones are artifacts that were created by the dragons in a time long past and which manifest as semi-precious stones to the naked eye.

However, the Soul Stones are more than just pretty trinkets. No one is exactly sure, but it’s known that they grant their Wielders mythical power. Once a Soul Stone senses a suitable Wielder nearby, it binds itself to the Wielder’s soul and takes on the form of a weapon. There are many Soul Stones scattered around the land, and no one has tried to collect all of them. Until now.

As far as the romances go there are four options:

• Morkai
    A human, redheaded warrior that is on the run alongside his best friend. Morkai is brash and arrogant and a very physical man. You can romance him either individually, in a poly with his best friend Straasa, or in a poly with one of the female RO’s, Daelynn.

• Straasa
    A human, dreadlocked spear-yielding warrior and Morkai’s best friend. Straasa is kind and considerate, very in favor of respecting boundaries, whether yours or his own. You can romance him individually or in a poly with Morkai.

• Daelynn
    A blond elf woman that loves magic and causing mischief. She is very light-hearted and affectionate, but once you get to know her well you understand there’s more to her than meets the eye. You can romance her individually, in a poly with Morkai or in a poly with Eledwen, the other female RO.

• Eledwen
    A half-human half-dragon hybrid that has an intimate connection to the Soul Stones, since they were created by her forefathers. She is very serious and hard to trust, but once she trusts you, you have a true friend for life. You can romance her either individually on in a poly with Daelynn.

• Manerkol
    The aptly-named Lord of All, this man holds ultimate power over everything and everyone under his rule. He is already a Wielder, and he has his sights set on every Soul Stone there is. Yours included. And yet, it might just so happen that your Stone is not the only thing he becomes determined to claim for his own. His romance route is different than the others, and it’s tricky to trigger. I will provide a guide further down!

So these are the basics, I believe! I will now provide a guide to Manerkol’s romance for those interested—under the cut, of course, so that those that want to explore on their own don’t get spoiled!

So here it is:

Guide to Manerkol Romance

First of all, you must not flirt with any of the others. At all. And if you CAN’T HELP IT AT ALL, then no more than one flirt (either flirtmance or friendmance) per companion. I’m serious, the romance will not trigger at all if you have flirted with the others. Other than that, there are specific options you must choose for the romance to progress.

1. I shiver as I look at her, a familiar feeling riding me strong. (Chapter 5)

2. Realize I know this place. …Why do I know this place?! (Chapter 7)

3. “I’m…not sure. Everything was overwhelming. But I think…he wanted to know where we’re going.” I don’t elaborate on how I know that. (Chapter 7)

4. …the connection I felt with him still lingers. Despite the fear, despite the anger. (Chapter 7)

5. “You don’t fool me! I know the games your master plays! You hear me? I know!” I yell almost desperately, the memory of the dream haunting me. (Chapter 8)

6. “Show yourself. I want to see you.” (Chapter 9)

Also, one last thing: the game has two romance modes, I guess you could say. Flirtmance and friendmance. In flirtmance, you can pick either shy or bold flirt options where the MC is very much aware of their attraction to the ROs. In the friendmance, the MC is kind of ignorant, not really noticing the signs that are clearly there until the realization smacks them in the face! Mixing between these two can lock you out of a romance, so please don’t do that!

That’s all, I believe! If you’ve read through this whole wall of text, I salute you! :joy: And I hope you have lots of fun with The Soul Stone War!

Cheers!

166 Likes

Your artwork reminds me of old-school fantasy paperback books… I approve :wink:

10 Likes

@Morgan_V I did the secret ro path and I got to say that you really don’t hold back the romance do you :smirk: I usually don’t do the villains much (though that depends on each individual opinions on whether Manerkol was a villain or just an anti hero but wow…damn you for making me swoon over him :heart_eyes: but my heart are still with Morkai and Straasa :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16 Likes

I’m having some difficulty when trying to enter a relationship with Morkai and Straasa (poly). Could someone make a guide for that? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

So what is the differences between the Stones? I got the Obsidian, but I don’t know what it can do.

2 Likes

@Eiwynn My cover artist did an amazing job, they are the one to heap praise upon! Right, @filopay? But it’s true that old-school fantasy paperbacks hold a precious place in my heart…

@OddCatGuy Mwahahahaha! I have swayed so many to this dubious path, I love it! :smiling_imp: I do remember you saying that you would unleash Morkai and Straasa onto the secret RO, but now you sing a different tune… :smirk: I love it.

@Holtzmann @Urban A friend of mine actually complied a guide about all the romances plus the Stones! Each Stone has a different power that you will get to experience in the next book, and you’ll get more information about them in general!

Also, here is the romance and Stone guide. And it’s a big one!

Romance and Stones Guide

Before starting this guide, remember, DO NOT mix friend flirt with bold or shy. If you do so you WILL BE LOCKED OUT of the romances.

Be aware that not all the flirt options will be available on every path. A lot of them will be dependent on the path you are following!

Remember, to romance Elly, do not flirt with others!! (Unless you are going for the DE poly)

Let’s explain the polys. To enter a poly with MD, you MUST have a good relationship with Straasa, otherwise, Morkai will drop you. This also applies to Morkai’s and Straasa’s solo routes, if you don’t have a good relationship with the other, they won’t romance you.

For MS poly, you must ensure you picked ALL the poly options on chapter 4 and at least 5 individual flirt points with each.

To trigger the DE poly, you must have 5 flirt points with Daelynn and 3 with Eledwen, they do not have poly options until chapter 6. Once you are on this chapter, you have two choices, either pick the option that states you have a connection to both Elly and Dae, or go to Dae thinking you have to tell her about your feelings towards Elly.

Manerkol will have his own guide at the end of this list.

CHAPTER 2

MORKAI FLIRT:

#Blush helplessly under his scrutiny.
*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

#Stare right back and complete the look with a bold smile.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

#Catch Morkai’s eye.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

#Veer closer to him, wanting to be near.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

#I flush at the feeling of our bodies touching, and I grasp his arms uncertainly.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

#A shiver runs down my back at his proximity, and I boldly rest my head against his jerkin.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

PICK THIS IF ROMANCING MORKAI (THIS CHOICE DOESN’T GIVE YOU FLIRT POINTS, BUT OPENS YOU TO OPTIONS THAT DO, THIS WILL HAPPEN THROUGH THE ENTIRE GAME, SO USE COMMON SENSE AND PICK THE CHOICES TO TALK TO THEM WHEN THEY POP OUT):

#Turn my head toward Morkai, ready to ask him about it.

FOLLOWED BY:

#Mumble a thank-you, lowering my eyes. His attention can be overwhelming.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

OR:

#Gift him with a heartfelt look and whisper my thanks as I lean against him.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

MORKAI FRIEND FLIRT:

#Smile at him, trying to ignore the sudden tightening of my stomach.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_friend_flirt +1

#Give him a friendly smile—just friendly, nothing else at all.

*set Morkai %+5

#Smile kindly at him, absentmindedly noting the way the sun glints off his hair.

*set Morkai %+5

#Thank him sincerely while simultaneously trying not to acknowledge that his attention is kind of nice.

*set Morkai %+5

STRAASA FLIRT:

#Flush at the contact.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#Slowly turn my palm around so I can hold his hand.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

#Nervously bid him to come closer, my stomach fluttering.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#Give him a sly smile and open my arms wide in a welcoming gesture.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

#I blush as my racing mind apparently decides to latch onto one specific detail.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#My, this is a nice view. I should show my appreciation for it.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

#Wait for Straasa. He’s the one doing the paying, after all.

#My heart starts drumming loudly inside my chest, and I can’t look away.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#No words are needed. I grasp his hand and place it securely on my cheek.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

STRAASA FRIEND FLIRT:

#Smile at him, resolutely ignoring how nice the human contact feels.

#Smile and beckon him closer, resolutely trying not to overthink things.

#Smile at him tiredly, absentmindedly noting how deep the color of his eyes is.

#“I’m okay, don’t worry,” I reassure him, stepping away and creating a bit of distance between us. I shouldn’t get too comfortable with his touch—he’ll be gone soon.

CHAPTER 3

MORKAI FLIRT:

#“Would you let me get away with touching your hair?” I tease him boldly.

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

*set Morkai %+5

#“Oh, um, no, nothing!” I almost squeak, flustered. Did he notice me ogling his hair?

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Morkai %+5

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

#Would he let me touch his hair…? Well, only one way to find out!

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

#It looks so pretty hanging over his shoulder…yeah, just focus on that, loopy brain!

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

MORKAI FRIEND FLIRT:

#“No, no, nothing funny. I just find it endearing, how timid you are with your friend,” I all but taunt him, secretly wanting him to engage with me the same way.

#“A cold shower sounds good right about now…,” I jest, absently noting that his hair looks nice.

STRAASA FLIRT:

#“Why are you being so kind to me?” I ask him meekly, afraid that the fluttering feeling I get when I look at him will turn into ashes.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#“There must be a reason you’re being so considerate. Tell me what it is,” I demand, figuring the direct approach is best. Every time he is close, it makes me want to reach out to him, but that is not worth it if the cost is my freedom.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

STRAASA FRIEND FLIRT:

#“I need you to know I appreciate everything you’ve done for me, very much so. But…I need to know the reason behind your actions,” I plead. I need to know. Maybe then I’ll stop trying to not pay so much attention to every little thing he does.

CHAPTER 4

MORKAI FLIRT:

#“Are you angry with me, Morkai?” I ask him softly, uncertainly. I don’t want that, my heart whispers to me.

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Morkai %+5

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

#“Morkai. I didn’t agree to this to anger you. That’s the last thing I want,” I tell him honestly, wearing my regard for him on my sleeve.

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Morkai %+5

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

#Yet the Gods have a different plan for me! Or at least, Morkai does!

#He is the most beautiful sight I’ve ever seen. I make sure to tell him so.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

#I am rendered mute with gratitude! Also, ear-blushing awe. That is one fine man!

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

#I move to reach her, but I’m stopped by the agony radiating from my calf. “Shit!” Morkai swears.

#Swallow thickly as his hands touch my skin…not the time, ${name_player}!

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Morkai %+5

#“Make sure not to miss any spots, yeah? Touch everywhere if you must,” I urge him with a chuckle.

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Morkai %+5

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

#I don’t like seeing him upset. And he does have a right to be angry right now. Try to comfort him, ignoring my hammering heart.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

#Maybe I can distract him a bit? Give him something else, something more pleasant than Daelynn to focus on. I have just the thing in mind.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

MORKAI FRIEND FLIRT:

#“You don’t agree with my decision, do you?” I ask. Somehow, the thought of him disapproving is displeasing.

#Now is the time to show my thanks! Also to ignore the burst of elation that has nothing to do with his presence—nothing at all!

#“Some help wouldn’t go amiss,” I admit, and it does not even cross my mind to enjoy how close he is. Of course not—why would I?

#Morkai and I are not as close as one might wish, but I’d like to change that. For reasons unknown, I want to get closer to him.

STRAASA FLIRT:

#“I…yes. You’re right. I’d like that,” I mumble through my teeth. He didn’t mean all of us together…don’t hyperventilate, ${name_player}!

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#“All of us together, you mean?” I ask him with a flirtatious smirk. I don’t think he’ll fall for it, but I’ll try anyway!

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

#Look at my bloodied hand, then at him, my heart beating like mad in my chest.

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Straasa %+5

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#“I…Straasa. Please…,” I almost beg, holding my hand out to urge him closer.

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Straasa %+5

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

#I try to get to her only to be stopped in my tracks by a searing pain in my calf. “$!{name_player}!” Straasa calls out.

#“Yes, please,” I answer timidly, blood loss and his proximity making me feel lightheaded.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#“Always,” I say with a smirk, hoping it won’t turn into a grimace from the pain.

*set Straasa +5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

#“Do you mind if I sit with you?” I ask him nervously, butterflies in my stomach.

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Straasa %+5

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#“Want some company?” I ask him with a suggestive smirk, making it clear that I’m flirting.

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Straasa %+5

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

STRAASA FRIEND FLIRT:

#“I actually would like that, believe it or not,” I admit with a self-deprecating chuckle, ignoring the way my heart thumps at the prospect.

#“You have an impeccable sense of timing,” I attempt to jest while simultaneously trying to hide how relieved I am to see him.

#“Yes, please,” I urge him, too out of my mind to register how close he is.

#“Well, this is bound to get amusing. Mind if I sit with you to watch?” I ask him in jest, ignoring the way my heart clenches up in anticipation.

DAELYNN FLIRT:

#“I…I mean…what?” I blurt out eloquently, my heart hammering against my chest.

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Dae_shyflirt +1

#“A kiss…? Where, exactly?” I reply slyly, the idea not at all displeasing.

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Dae_boldflirt +1

#“I didn’t know I’d get lost or that you’d be the one to find me. But I can’t say I regret this outcome…,” I tell her, smirking, completing the look with a wink.

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Dae_boldflirt +1

#“I…no, I’d never…” I blush and stumble through my answer, her proximity making me nervous.

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Dae_shyflirt +1

#“Daelynn! Please, Daelynn, stop! Come to me!” I beg, stretching my hand out pleadingly.

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Dae_boldflirt +1

#“Daelynn…,” I whisper, unable to find any words. I’m worried about her.

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Dae_shyflirt +1

#Anxiously ask her what I can do to help her. “Anything,” my heart whispers.

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Dae_shyflirt +1

#Stroke her cheek and tell her I’m there for her.

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Dae_boldflirt +1

#“Daelynn, would you mind if I sit with you?” I ask her bashfully, gathering my courage.

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Dae_shyflirt +1

#“Daelynn, you should be paying attention to me, not Morkai,” I reprimand her while flashing her a confident smirk.

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Dae_boldflirt +1

DAELYNN FRIEND FLIRT:

#“Maybe a bit later? The sirens trying to kiss me was enough loving for one day,” I jest, trying to ignore how appealing her suggestion is.

#“If that’s the case, I didn’t go about it very subtly, did I?” I jest, enjoying her playful attitude. I still take a step back though. And I don’t regret it the moment I do—no, of course not.

#“Daelynn, it’s okay, they’re gone! Please!” I plead with her, desperately needing her to come to me but not understanding why.

#“Everything is going to be alright, Daelynn. I’m here, I’ll help,” I promise unhelpfully. What can I do at this point? All I know is that I need to help her in some way. I must—any other option causes my heart to clench in distress.

#I want to make sure she’s feeling better. It is imperative for my state of mind. No idea why it’s so important, though.

NOW, ONTO THE POLYS. REMEMBER, TO UNLOCK THIS OPTIONS YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO POINTS WITH EACH RO!! IF YOU DON’T, YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO PICK THEM!! REMEMBER TO ALWAYS PICK THE POLY OPTIONS WHEN THEY POP OUT IF YOU ARE PURSUING THAT PATH!!

MS POLY:

#Not if Straasa and Morkai have anything to say about it!

#Morkai and Straasa both start talking at the same time.

#“What is it? Something wrong?” Straasa asks. Morkai scoffs at him, grousing, “What isn’t wrong?”

#There’s no way I can reach her in time. And the crippling pain in my calf tells me that I have some problems of my own. “$!{name_player}!” I hear two men shout out in alarm.

#How, though? If it were up to me, I’d go with Morkai and Straasa both.

#Both Morkai and Straasa look horrible. Maybe I can try comforting them both?

MD POLY:

#Morkai and Daelynn don’t think so!

#Morkai snaps at Daelynn just as she shakes her head at me in the negative.

#“Where are you going?” Morkai asks at the same time as Daelynn warns, “Don’t wander off, sweetness.”

#I rush toward her, worried out of my mind and frantically ignoring my own pain—until Morkai’s distraught voice cries out, “Wait!”

#Could I maybe suggest that Morkai, Daelynn, and I all go together? No? Alright, then.

#It hurts me to see Morkai and Daelynn at each other’s throats. Try to talk to them both.

CHAPTER 5

MORKAI FLIRT:

#“I…uh. What?” I stammer, my laughter dying a sudden death from his proximity. Oh, no.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set pet_name_Morkai true

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

#“What if I am? Are you going to teach me a lesson?” I drawl suggestively, all thoughts of laughter abruptly going out the window.

set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set pet_name_Morkai true

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

MORKAI FRIEND FLIRT:

#“Me? I’d never do that to you, Morkai!” I reassure him though my chuckling. I like it when he smiles.

STRAASA FLIRT:

#“Straasa, I…thank you,” I mumble, my throat clogging up, my breath caught in my lungs.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#“Do you even need to ask?” I chuckle helplessly, clutching the little statue in one hand, the other reaching for him.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

STRAASA FRIEND FLIRT:

#“Straasa, this is beautiful. I’d be honored to have this,” I say without hesitation, not paying attention to the little pinching feeling in my heart. Just friendship. Yes.

DAELYNN FLIRT:

#“I…yes. Please,” I stammer with a blush, my eyes flicking away from hers in embarrassment.

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Dae_shyflirt +1

#“Oh yes, please. You can play me anything you want,” I lay on the charm heavily, my voice full of suggestion.

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Dae_boldflirt +1

DAELYNN FRIEND FLIRT:

#“That would be wonderful, Daelynn,” I agree, smiling, fully ignoring the way her hair gleams in the light of the fire.

ELEDWEN FLIRT:

#“Maybe it won’t always be like that,” I suggest nervously, my heart hammering in my chest.

*set Eledwen %+10

*set Eledwen_flirt +1

*set knowledge +1

#“That sounds lonely. I could keep you company, if you’d like,” I can’t stop myself from offering.

*set Eledwen %+10

*set Eledwen_flirt +1

ELEDWEN FRIEND FLIRT:

#“Do you not feel sadness over that?” I gently ask, not wanting to push her. But a part of me would really like to comfort her….

CHAPTER 6

MORKAI FLIRT:

#I freeze—I can feel him everywhere. I’m so flustered, I can’t function anymore.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_shyflirt +1

#“Far be it from me to complain, but this isn’t how I planned to end up on your lap,” I tease, staring at him with a wide smirk.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

*set Mor_boldflirt +1

#"$!{swear_word}! Sorry, Morkai!" I swear unthinkingly as I make to get up. Even though it feels kind of nice…, my brain unhelpfully supplies.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

#I freeze—I can feel him everywhere. I’m so flustered, I can’t function anymore.

*set Morkai %+5

*set Morkai_flirt +1

MORKAI FRIEND FLIRT:

#"$!{swear_word}! Sorry, Morkai!" I swear unthinkingly as I make to get up. Even though it feels kind of nice…, my brain unhelpfully supplies.

STRAASA FLIRT:

#“You look like you’re waiting for a dance partner,” I tease him slyly, my hands indicating myself as the perfect option.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_boldflirt +1

#“Hello, Straasa,” I greet him shyly, my eyes flicking toward the dancing people and then back at him.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

*set Stra_shyflirt +1

#“Oh dear, all this dancing around looks fun, don’t you think?” I not-so-subtly prompt, enjoying the way his eyes light up in response.

*set Straasa %+5

*set Straasa_flirt +1

STRAASA FRIEND FLIRT:

#“Oh dear, all this dancing around looks fun, don’t you think?” I not-so-subtly prompt, enjoying the way his eyes light up in response.

DAELYNN FLIRT:

#“Oh, I’m sure you’re loads of fun, DaeDae…,” I trail off suggestively.

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Dae_boldflirt +1

#“I’d love to spend time with you, DaeDae…,” I admit with a flush, not realizing I used her nickname.

*set Daelynn %+10

*set Daelynn_flirt +1

*set Dae_shyflirt +1

DAELYNN FRIEND FLIRT:

#“Fun is pretty much your middle name, isn’t it, DaeDae”? I joke, loving the way her eyes light up.

ELEDWEN FLIRT:

#Looking into her eyes is like looking into liquid amber, the color pulling me in, drowning me. I shiver and timidly turn my gaze to my hands.

*set Eledwen %+10

*set Eledwen_flirt +1

#I can’t help but stare at the gorgeous woman, the pull of her presence drawing me in like a moth to the flame. I smile playfully.

*set Eledwen %+10

*set Eledwen_flirt +1

#“Eledwen, maybe someone should stay here with you…,” I propose timidly, not daring to suggest that I be the one to stay.

*set Eledwen %+10

*set Eledwen_flirt +1

#“I’ll stay with you, then. Keep you company and back you up if needed,” I state confidently, not caring about the feast.

*set Eledwen %+10

*set Eledwen_flirt +1

#She is absolutely gorgeous. And I’m not shy about telling her.

*set Eledwen %+10

*set Eledwen_flirt +1

#I…she…oh, dear. I hope I’m not blushing. Again.

*set Eledwen %+10

*set Eledwen_flirt +1

ELEDWEN FRIEND FLIRT:

#“Hello, Eledwen,” I greet her, trying to ignore the way the sun glints off her golden eyes.

#“Maybe you could sneak in and stay on the fringes? Leaving you alone doesn’t sit well with me…,” I admit. The thought of her out here makes my heart clench.

#I feel my heart thumping loudly inside my chest but squash it down, giving her a friendly smile instead.

After chapter 6, flirt points won’t be accounted for, just keep picking the options for your chosen RO and enjoy!

MANERKOL:

FIRST OF ALL, REMEMBER TO NOT FLIRT WITH ANYONE ELSE. IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE FLIRT POINT, HIS ROMANCE WILL BE LOCKED.

#You shiver as you look at her, the sense that she feels familiar riding you strong.

#You… you know this place. Why do you know this place?!

#“I’m… not sure. Everything was… overwhelming. But I think… he wanted to know where we’re going.” You don’t elaborate on how you know that.

#The connection you felt with him still lingers. Despite the fear, despite the anger.

#“You don’t fool me! I know the games your master plays! You hear me? I know!” you yell almost desperately, the memory of the dream haunting you.

#“Show yourself. I want to see you.”

THE DIFFERENT STONES AND WEAPONS

Your stone will be decided with your highest personality stat, keep in mind that if you take the torc, Jade will be permanently locked out.

Honest: Lapis Lazuli, the Stone of Universal Truth

Deception: Bloodstone, the Stone of Illusion
Playful: Crazy Lace Agate, the Hysteria Stone

Stoic: Obsidian, the Mirror Stone

Pragmatism: Almandine Garnet, the Stone of Tangible Truth

Intuition: Jade, the Dream Stone

The weapons the Stones can turn into depend on your highest skill stat. If two of your stats are the same, a choice will be given to you to pick which one you prefer.

Persuasion: Whip or rapier
Wits: Throwing knives or dual daggers

Combat: Bow or sword

Magic: Staff or dual-bladed sword

89 Likes

So, if I read this correctly, if you don’t romance someone in this book, you are locked out?

I was hoping to play someone reluctant to let someone close only to later realise that they are indeed falling for that person… :thinking:

14 Likes

I tried that too on my first playthroughs and got confused when some ROs friendzoned me after chapter 7. Lol.

6 Likes

My current romance options tier list:

S-Tier:

Manerkol: The way the romance is portrayed with Manerkol as of this point in time is actually really compelling, and I can see how it’s going to make the plot really interesting in the future books, as I can only imagine what your party members reactions to this will be - especially if you’re friends with them. I’m strongly leaning towards making my Manerkol playthrough my main save as of this time.

A- Tier:

Solo Eledwen: Protec dragon lady. This definitely feels like one of the more emotional romance options, and those are my personal favorite types of romance. I like that the romance with Eledwen will be progressing a bit slower compared to the others.

Eledwen - Daelynn: I feel like Daelynn is far more compelling an RO in the poly option than she is in her solo path. This path basically mixes the greatness that is Eledwen’s path, with Daelynn who takes things a bit more slowly, and it works.

B- tier:

Solo Daelynn: Solo Daelynn’s romance progresses a bit too quickly for my liking. I would have liked more time between the crushing stage and the “in love” phase. I think I get that it’s just supposed to be how Daelynn is, but it doesn’t work for me.

Garbage tier:

Mornie: Not really an RO option in book one, but get thrown into the dumpster by the one true love Manerkol anyway!

Not yet played tier:

Solo Morkai
Solo Straasa
Morka - Straasa

18 Likes

I know, it was heartbreaking… :broken_heart: :sob:

I agree with Eledwen’s solo path being so good! I like it when a badly mistreated character starts opening up slowly. It seems natural and just emotional. Had there been a more physical moment with Elly in the 1st book, I wouldn’t have bought it.

Solo Daelyn is good and sensuous, but I think the balance between emotional and physical romance is leaning a bit too one-sided. Like, she just meets you, thinks you’re attractive, notices you–a mere mortal human who is far younger than her–flirting / stammering nervously, then bam, she wants to be yours.

11 Likes

Yeah. For Daelynn, it’s like, she says that she loves the MC in her solo route, but I don’t really know why? I guess because we have “pretty eyes”?

1 Like

Pretty eyes, yeah, and because we’re smitten puppies who will lavish her with candied fruits :joy:

6 Likes

I doubt the character in your garbage tier is a romance route. Seemed more like a one time thing.

5 Likes

I’m so glad people like the cover. Thank you all !! Ooh old paperback covers, what a compliment @Eiwynn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I haven’t been active here much but thought today certainly the right time. Will play it myself this weekend!!! I’m excited.

9 Likes

@Taylor_Enean @felz I’m afraid that the lock-in moments are only in the first game, and if you miss them, then yuo get locked out. The closest I can suggest to what you is to try the friendmance route. In that one, the MC does not realize that they’re falling in love, only that they’re starting to care.

Having lock-in moments throughout the series would be a massive amount of work with all the variations I would have to include, and I’m pretty sure that it would drive me mad to keep up with along with everything else I want to do. So friendmance it will have to be :sweat_smile:

@Hauntmachine I like your list, but I have one thing to say! Mornie is not really an RO in this book, and she wasn’t written to be taken as one :rofl: Just like the bounty hunter in the beginning!

And yeah, Daelynn’s route does go very very fast. She’s meant to be the love at first sight romance, both because I wanted to give players that option, but also because of… reasons. :smirk:

And you deserve all the praise, @filopay! The cover is just amazing :weary::+1:

11 Likes

Understandable, just wanted to make sure. :relaxed:

Now, pardon me while I go to play the game again. And again. And again… :grimacing: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Ah I see. I shall amend my post to reflect Mornie not really being an RO then.

3 Likes

Just bought the game without really trying it solely because one of the swear words was “Andraste’s knickers”
And I was like Dragon Age Inquisition Reference!!! Oh sweet I know this game is gonna be good

14 Likes

Can I get some help on what choices I need to pick for the DeaEly poly? Im playing a shy flirtmancer male MC and cannot get the choice to open

1 Like