The Shore of Two Seas (WIP 36k)

-Update 3-

Been a while - Exams are dragging out, but writing is going ahead at a steady pace.

With this update, act 1 is almost complete (barring eventual rewrites) - Romances still haven’t been added, as they fit in around the last couple of scenes of act 1.

This update is very focused around combat scenes, which I find quite challenging to write. So any in-put is appreciated.

8 Likes

Gonna have to check this out after work.

Frankly I’m absolutely shocked that there aren’t a dozen comments whining about it being gender locked like there usually are

2 Likes
  • choicescript_stats line 50: Non-existent variable ‘eyeinjury’

I can’t access the stats screen. Actually, if you haven’t tried quicktest, start now. It saves tons of time, and you’ll kick yourself for not using it sooner.

I generally do not mind gender-locked games. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Neither do I, but some people act like its the worst thing in the world

2 Likes

I am using quicktest, I think I just forgot to upload the updated startup file :sweat_smile: It’s fixed now.

1 Like

I’ve been positively surprised too, but I suppose it’s only a matter of time :grimacing:

1 Like

I managed to, somehow, leave a *finish command in the middle of the fight scene. It’s fixed now, but it means that those who tried the update so far, only saw about half the content. Sorry about that :confused:

1 Like

Just got the chance to play update and ran into a error in the fight when choosing to finish off green in the fight it came up after breaking his spear.

2 Likes

Hey this is unexpectedly good! I love your writing and the world building, and I can’t wait for more.

A little issue though, after I choose to finish off Green in the arena fight, there is an error message. I think it is about a file called “gladiatoring” or sth, but I am not sure.

Other than that, keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Thank you <3

I think I finally fixed the “Finish off Green” bug (sorry for not getting back to you, @Valixon) - It was a problem with indentation and a placeholder file being left in place.

2 Likes

Will do another playthrough soonish :smiley:

I got a bew error earlier in the fight now a duo fight line 200 type of error

Also was wondering when the save system was going to be fixed lol.