The Shadow Society (WIP) Writing Update on #1545

Thank you so much for the nice words! I’m very happy you liked it :blush: I don’t want to disregard people’s opinions on the story etc. though, as everyone has a right to express their impression of it and I’d like to encourage feedback both negative and positive. But I’m grateful for your comforting message.

@Kremmlin_Anon Thank you so much! I hope that the final product lives up to your expectations :blush:

6 Likes

By the way, when I stumbled on this site, I was literally listening to Alan Walker’s Darkside, and it’s just incredible how well it fits your world. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

How many chapters will there be?

1 Like

@Special_Agent_Brian I listened to the song and read the lyrics, and wow - I completely agree! I might even add it to the TSS-playlist. Thank you so much for showing me this song :blush:

On that topic - I don’t actually know if I have shared this with people on the forums, but I made a spotify playlist for all of the RO’s. Is this be something that anyone would be interested in getting access to? If so, I can post them here!

@BigSmoke Book I is, excluding the prologue and epilogue, fifteen chapters long. Which means that, after the demo, you still have nine chapters to get through (: the other books will most likely be longer, as they will certainly be more branching, though I don’t want to promise anything yet.

7 Likes

On another note, I’ve decided to make a proper re-launch of my Patreon.

This time I’ve made sure to set goals and plan tiers that will ensure not only higher quality content due to me having more time to dedicate to them, but that will (hopefully) also prove to be more interesting than simply small snippets of the writing progress and some custom made short stories.

If anyone would like to check it out, here is the link: https://www.patreon.com/carawen

11 Likes

Gimme!!! Please and thank you. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@EvilChani Of course xD

19 Likes

Congrats on the Patreon relaunch!

Love the tier rewards! I don’t know how long I’ll be able to do top tier, but will try to keep it up as long as I can. XD

I can’t wait to see everything!

I love the playlists, too. I started listening to R’s and realized they have a lot in common with Dezh (a character of mine I made for Wayhaven and have now dragged into everything else, including TSS!). R could use some of her songs, possibly, so if you want a link to her playlist, lemme know. I may steal a couple of R’s for her. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :

2 Likes

@EvilChani Thank you so much :blush: I really appreciate it!

Oh, please share your MC’s songs/song suggestions for any TSS-characters. I’ve had a few people do it on Tumblr and it’s really fun to discover what kind of music people associate with a character/the story/their MC. So if you have any for R, or else, I’d love to know about it!

5 Likes

@Carawen your game is so great. the Ros are just so memorable with A being sassy ice royalty, R being fiery moody (character reminds me so very much of Zuko), G is cheery, flirty and sarcastic all in one moment and its great, Q is an interesting character due to their situation and finally M who is precious. Cant wait to play the entire game.

4 Likes

I don’t know why Azur attitude looks like he’d go well with a whip in hand and a ton of BDSM equipment in the background while he himself is sitting in an extremely expensive antique leather chair, with legs crossed and a smirk in his face. Maybe in a dark room off-set by a lit fireplace?

… TMI? :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:
Actually, if he knew the MC was thinking that about him he would probably have an apoplexy. xD

9 Likes

Hmm…I wonder if I can actually not get along with anyone and return home safely. If I put myself in the MC’s boot… that will be my reaction.

1 Like

I keep getting distracted with my studying because I wanna play the demo. Totally forgot about how this game makes me fangirl so much ;;

7 Likes

This was fun, actually, I enjoyed it. I kinda liked the fact you could choose to make MC not like seeing their own reflection, I felt it was a nice touch and helped me connect more with them? I kinda got a Wayhaven vibe, and I am totally not complaining. I fricking love group dynamics, even if I make MC absolutely loathe it. Gwyndal is precious, protect at all costs.
I love Azuridian and Quaiel, lord. Actually, I love them all. I can tell I’m gonna struggle with the romance in this book.

11 Likes

It’s now in the draft edit stage.
One step closer

7 Likes

@anon44966254 Aah thank you, I’m glad you like it! I hope you’ll enjoy the full game when it releases as well :blush:

@IvoryOwl I think that sums up A pretty well actually :laughing: at least from their attitude in general!

@Sailendranath_Murmu It’s interesting to hear from someone who plays a very distrusting MC. You absolutely don’t have to get along with anyone. Of course, befriending people is rarely a disadvantage, but it’s definitely not a requirement of any kind. I want the MC to have the potential to grow as a person on their own, regardless of friends/romance/alliance after all they witness, in whatever way that may be. Maybe they’ll start out more openminded but grow distrustful or vice versa? Or maybe they’ll do anything they can to become as powerful as possible? I want to implement these possibilities over the course of book 2 and 3. You can be a teamplayer or not; both have their own pros and cons :slight_smile:

@Avi Aww, that means a lot, though I’m sorry it’s interrupted your studying :heart:

@PrismaticSpace Thank you so much! I’ve tried to include options where the MC can express doubts or insecurities here and there, and I hope it’ll be satisfactory enough in the continuation of book 1 to read those options. I’m glad you like the group dynamics as well :blush: I love writing them!

@GamesMaster Hopefully! Glad you’re excited!

EDIT: I changed the word count of the demo in the original post, as I counted them differently when putting out the demo compared to how I’ve counted them for the final product. When first putting out the demo, I counted all words, even the text that repeated in several places. But for the final product, I felt it more fair to count without repetitive text, so that people know kind of how much they get. I’ve tried doing the same for the demo now, which is why the number has changed. I hope that makes sense? :sweat_smile:

24 Likes

Was thinking about this game again and made this on picrew for the Shadowman:

30 Likes

@RhysGraveDigger Aaah, that’s beautiful! I could picture him in that kind of setting, during one of his more solemn moments x)

3 Likes

Writing Update 10/10 - 19

Hello~

It’s been a while since I did a writing update here; mostly because the game is still in the publishing queue and there isn’t much to report about it for the time being.

Though it might be too soon to even begin thinking about the rest of the series for you guys, I just wanted to say that I’ve begun writing on Book 2 :slight_smile: currently I’m at the very end of coding the choices that carry over from book 1. It’s a process that is taking quite some time because I want to make sure to include a lot and take my time to make it as good as I can.

One thing I really want to use more in Book 2 are the stats, which I admit I was very bad at in Book 1. There aren’t going to be a lot of stat-heavy choices, but I’d like to have more than I had in book 1 at the very least.

I’ve also added a few personality traits, such as caring/cold, transparent/concealed and pragmatic/idealistic.

I’m really looking forward to writing this continuation, as I’m planning for it to delve much deeper into characters past, allow the player a lot more freedom with where the story will go, as well as explore more of the lore of TSS (if everything goes to plan).

Thank you all for your support :heart:

98 Likes

Slow down, I cant even get my hype for first one under control

23 Likes