The Shadow Society (WIP) Writing Update on #1545

Thanks for the sweet words! I’m glad you like it :smiley:

4 Likes

I didn’t expect to be blushing so much already. That was fast…

1 Like

Since I’m curious and value feedback of the content, do you mean that in a way that the romance feels too rushed, or more that the romance scenes were good enough to make you blush? :smile:

Oh it was good. I mean, sometimes it does seem a little bit rushed - they come on to you rather quickly don’t they - but I don’t mind. I was just taken by surprise when Gwyndal touched MC’s cheek. That’s what made me blush.
I’m still playing the wip right now, and I’m enjoying it very much so far! Definitely will replay with different MCs.
There are some typos though, if you’d like them pointed out…?

1 Like

Thank you!

I can definitely see that, about the rushed part. That’s why I’ve added the alternative friend romances for the second book, so that if you befriend one of them in book 1 you will have the option to turn it into something more later :slight_smile: it’s kind of an insta-attraction thing in book 1, which I’m not a huge fan of personally, but when I started writing TSS I guess I wanted to include it relatively early so that it had time to progress.

And sure! They might have been found by my beta testers already but you never know, and I welcome all the help I can get ^^

3 Likes

Oh, you have separate beta testers! So is there going to be an update fix for the stats screen soon? The relationship stats screen is all messed up…

I know, it’s been like that for a long time and frankly none of us have been able to identify the issue. The file used here is the same as the one in the beta testing and that version works fine. I’m still looking into it.

1 Like

Really? That’s really strange…
Is it an open beta, or are there limited beta members? I kinda wanna take a look at the code myself now.

By the gods, you use a lot of scene files, @Carawen :exploding_head:

@Sel_Lee It was open before but not anymore :confused: I will look through it again though, and if I can I’ll send you screenshots of both if that’s not too much trouble?

@The_Lady_Luck Lmao yes; in the beginning, I didn’t know how to use *goto so I just used *goto_scene all the time, but luckily a kind soul saved me and now it’s a lot easier to code :sob:

3 Likes

ooh yes please, I’d like that

You are missing indents in the staat files.

https://dashingdon.com/play/carawen/the-shadow-society/mygame/scenes/staats.txt

It can currently never get to the “Unknown”, because the *goto before it isn’t indented to fall under the *if clause.

If I indent that file like usual I get an error; it doesn’t work that way in the stats page. I just get a text saying that there needs to be a percentage etc. at the start of it.

Is it okay if I copy some of the files, and mess around with them in CSIDE to try and fix it?

I would also really suggest putting all the stat screen stuff directly in choicescript_stats.txt, instead of using subroutines. :sweat_smile:

@Carawen If you put the *else Unknown before the stat chart it will show up, then just delete the second stat_chart (which are all for Q anyway?) Both staats2 and staats3 has *label staats3 at the beginning, by the way.

1 Like

It’s totally okay! I appreciate all the help I can get ^^

Though I don’t have much time to look into this at the moment, I will try what you’ve suggested next time I write and I’ll let you know if it works. Thank you so much :heart:

Oh, I had coded what lady luck suggested, and it’s in your dms (:
You can just copy paste it.

1 Like

Great game so far! While it radiates the aura of Wayhaven, it still is fun and novel.

Got a bug btw. In the 4th para, A refers to R as a brother while both are females.

Best of Luck!

1 Like

@Sel_Lee and @The_Lady_Luck I have a lot of work to do and won’t have time to give to TSS until next week, so please don’t take it the wrong way if I take a bit to answer or try out your solutions. I will do it as soon as I am back to writing and let you guys know in pm if it worked! Thank you so much for your help :heart:

@xvr96williams Thank you, and I will make sure to fix that as well when I get back to writing!

2 Likes

I’ve had a bit of time over this morning and tried what you guys suggested, and it seems to be working! For some reason M and R won’t change from Unknown to their names, but I don’t really have time to look deeper into that atm so I’ll do that later. Thank you both for the help :blush:

5 Likes

Did some fan art of the guys :slight_smile:

46 Likes