The Shadow Society (WIP) Writing Update on #1545

Well… i didn’t want to escape because i feel it will broke their hearts, especially the sensitive Quarie …who might think i don’t trust her or even betray her (after we had such a good interaction the night before ) , so i just convince them to walk , which i was able to do with R :smile: i think in A’s car, A took over and drive herself right ?

2 Likes

I just finished a playthrough trying out what I said before! It seems the person you experience a romantic interaction with before, will find you first if you decide to escape! :blush:

Ah, when I played, I remember Gwyndal reluctantly driving through, actually

2 Likes

Was your RO angry or disappointed with you?

i must do that now… i want Quarie to find me :blush:

Ahh, it actually didn’t show their perspective after leaving. It shows the scene when the others (the characters you were riding with) chase after you though

1 Like

Well …logically M should be the one who is able to catch us because he/she is a wide receiver , M’s speed should be the fastest and to think M tackle us to the ground like in football match will be Oouch !!! i think you broke my ribs :smile: and maybe broke my leg too ??
then M will grin and say " Now you can’t run away from me with a broken leg " :kissing_heart:

Oh my heaven Laura !!! you must read the Quarie find us route , it is so amazing !!! It seems like Quarie and MC are star crossed lovers, Q was meant to hate MC :scream: it was said the other ROs are taking risk for even allow her to be 10 feet near me … and in the end, Quarie grab my chin ( when i said i want to help her in the fight ), and did something to my internal organ :crazy_face:

Quarie definitely will be my love interest … it seems that Quarie is suppose to be my nemesis and our love could be Star-crossed :blush:

Oh…and one more thing, apparently M really have good relationship with the other 4 ROs, because according to Michaela they didn’t refer her as human, they only did that to me

“So am I, but I don’t hear you referring to me that way.” Michaela becomes quiet for a moment. “… Actually, come to think of it, none of you really refer to me at all.”

With a load groan, Rheyla picks up the speed. “We can discuss your preferred nicknames later.”

2 Likes

No need for logic when shadows have supernatural speed~ :laughing:

As long as he doesn’t break my heart? :wink::joy:

Ahh, I did actually!! I read when Q lifts the MC’s chin to look them in the eyes /// Although I’m pretty sure they were using their hallucination powers to calm the MC so that they wouldn’t get involved in the fight haha

I saw that more as a joke that they didn’t notice or care if M was there or not :joy:

1 Like

you must also notice that Q ignore us when we touch his/her shoulder , seems to me Q is very angry at us :cry: i like how the shadowman react when he said he was surprise Q was the fastest to reach us
Q never seems to be the most action of them all, and wasn’t that A mentioned they must also ensure Quarie’s safety as well, Q is very important to them…and Q risk her own danger for us, i imagine A will want to yell at us when she arrives …especially if Quarie is hurt :cold_sweat:

Yes, I did! I was thinking that Q was just directing most of their attention to the shadow dad man since he’s the current threat, but that’s a good point too!

That’s right, but didn’t A let Q run after the MC anyways? I don’t know what the shadowman’s got up his sleeve, he’s obviously formidable, but you gotta believe in the ROs right? :smiley: And MC’s got something too, even if we don’t know what it is yet!

1 Like

I was in R’s car during my escape … so on Q appearing in front of me, i was thinking whether A had instruct Q to stay with G while A herself will join the “rescue”, if Quarie was not my love interest, she might listen to A and stay back… but since we chose to find Q the other night, Q was getting too emotional of our action so she disobey A and came to us as soon as possible :star_struck: i think my explanation is logical…

I MUST believe in the RO, else if the one who find us get hurt… their blood is on our hand :cry:

1 Like

Me neither^^
But if G can build cars, guns shouldn’t be a problem for them. These would probably be able to hurt shadows.

I can only speak for A here: As you probably guessed, yes she was. Both angry and disappointed.

From the scene you flee A's car while romancing them(spoilers)

“In truth she didn’t know why she didn’t immediately chase after the human herself. Last night, she’d have the clear advantage over him; no one could deny that.
And yet, he dared defy her in this manner? No one had ever caught her off guard like this before… No one that had come out of it alive, anyway.”

Another reason for me, not to flee the car in my canon playthrough. Sadly fleeing the car is more interesting and rewarding in terms of background information you are getting. Although getting the chance to learn more about the morals of your group, when staying in the car, is interesting, too.

2 Likes

Hey seems like A is the one getting most emotional ? Will A act the same if MC didn’t romance her ? :thinking:

for my case with R and M R was more surprise than angry, and M seems amuse about my action, well…R’s respond was funny too , saying something like "forget about the car , what about the human ? " Oh… M was more concern about the car than me ?? interesting :smile: i just feel that both R and M didn’t had the urgency as strong as A , will they act any difference if they were RO ? :thinking:

I might want to do it one more time in A’s car with Q as love interest …just to see what is Querie’s reaction… but personally i think it will hurt her even more, after last night making her smile …i ran off like that… i feel bad to want to try it …

But if i ran away in R’s car, i am wondering how did A, G and Q knew about it ??? my assumption is something like below :slight_smile:

R : " Let us call A and let her decide what to do…"
M: " shouldn’t we chase after your human now ?? "
R : "It is NOT my human … i am not even sure why we let him take the ride… Oh Hello Azuradia , hey, that human just bail from our car…you want us… "

A : "What ??? " she was so loud that G hit the brake and slam half a dozens shadows in front of her…

A : " How dare you… of course we need him, go after him now and bind him back with rope !!! "

Q was shock but she keep turning her heads left and right when she heard the words bind the human with rope …

A : " Stay here Quarie, Gwendolyn …keep her safe … hey !! not you too !!! "

before Azuradia even finish what she said, Quarie already flies off in shadow form …

I agree that escaping seems more adventurous , but it might tarnish the good relationship between us and the 5 ROs…

@Carawen , btw… i was curious with the scene about Quarie in the Attic , when i chose to intervene my fingers with Quarie’s and she retreat back her hand to her heart, she was turning her head as if to say NO, what did Quarie meant ? Did she meant she didn’t like it? Did she meant don’t do that again ? or was she just confuse ? and what did Quarie stared at me coldly when i said i won’t hurt her ?

2 Likes

Also this scene (dont think this was discussed before)

Quarie had expected him to be awful, like they were in the stories, but he hadn’t been.

Now im really interested as what they see humans? Is it becuse when i was wee little and love to jump on my shadow?

8 Likes

Oh NO!!!.. after we jump out from the car , Quarie will think " This Human is exactly like what those stories told :triumph:" So it means we shouldn’t jump ?? :scream:

Ahhhh… that is good news indeed :smile:

No, Q just thinks about wanting to get you back because (well, what it said suggested) he’s already starting to get attached because you’re not like what he was taught humans are. Edit: well, it actually sounded more like he was desperate to get the MC back

Like Carawen said, both options, running and not, are valid options and I don’t remember who it was, but the narrative for one of them mentioned they understood why you might run, but they still wish you hadn’t and needed to get you back (something along those lines)

So it’s not like picking one option over the other will won you any points with any of the ROs, it’ll just open different story branches

6 Likes

Well hopefully they would just think MC is insane bcs he jumped out of a moving car

A Sane person should not jump out of moving viecle unless its falling apart

That’s what movie protagonists had been doing … they even jump out from moving train, plane etc, jumping out from moving vehicle is common in Sunworld :slight_smile:

Wait, isn’t the car stopped when it happens? Cause the path is blocked

I… i feel like I must go back at look at that part again cause if the car’s moving then oh shi-

Then again, MC must be feeling like he’s going crazy with everything happening around him, why not add jumping out of a moving vehicle to the mix?

2 Likes

Pfff alright then if they ask why did we do it we’ll just say its one of very important sunworld rituals

Yeah so hey, friend, no worries! Explore all the options to your heart’s content!

I actually had so much fun doing all the options, I have 3 canon MCs that do completely different things (and that I use for 3 different ROs) lol

Don’t mind me I have no idea how to quote multiple people in one post

3 Likes

Yes! that part! I need to know what kind of stories Q has been told about humans. or what the entire other world sees them as.

But it looks so COOL! Especially if there’s an explosion somewhere in the background.

3 Likes