The Shadow Society (WIP) Writing Update on #1545

I dont know if there’s a male equivalent specifically in Japanese folklore

still, it’s not hard to change Kuchisake-onna to Kuchisake-otoko and tada there’s your male version lol

But, uh… doesn’t she kill you no matter what you say? I feel like that’s a bit more than just a “challenge” in romance LOL

5 Likes

But we are talking about Querie right ? Perhaps Querie is the " Good" version of onna ? Like the sunworld Onna is Evil, Shadow world Querie is Good ? :smile:
I will imagine Querie will ask us " Do you think i am pretty now ? " If we say yes, then we can romance her, if we say no she just break up with us :stuck_out_tongue:

Mileena or Onna, who do you prefer ? :wink:

Milonna?

My Sharona Milonna? :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry @AmericanShakespeare and @Taylor_Enean

I don’t know who is Milonna … but how about Princess Kitana?

1 Like

For those who go for harems…

Mileena + Onna = Milonna

:stuck_out_tongue:

And this is the song Taylor was referring to…

3 Likes

I Suspect Querie will want undivided loyalty … else we might receive a scissor at our throat :wink:

2 Likes

For y’all’s info, I have no clue who any of these are, even Sharona, other than that song.

Although, I do like My Bolonga better… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

For me… I prefer Alternative Rock :wink:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Aww… Look they’re blushing :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s of the Shyrock family… :wink:

3 Likes

1hwd8r

5 Likes

@simza Thank you so much for your help! I will make sure to fix those as soon as I’m able :blush:

@Eric_knight Hmm, you’re forgetting about R a little, aren’t you? :wink: Maybe I didn’t describe it well enough, in which case I will fix that, but their burnmark is not exactly small. Though that’s not a character flaw, just part of their past and a physical feature.

And I totally agree with you that not all RO’s need to be super hot; in fact, I think that’s a very boring description and that many authors of real novels (at least YA ones) rely way too much on it to make the characters likable. I like characters with both mental and physical flaws, myself.
That’s why the only one I used the “attractive” physical description of is M (from an objective stance) and instead focused more on just describing what the other characters looked like without claiming they were good-looking. And as I mentioned before, Q stands out because of their eyes and hair, but other than that they are pretty plain :slight_smile:

@resuri08 Interesting! I really want to be able to confirm or deny, but it’d be too spoilery as of now :persevere:

Though being self-conscious about one’s appearance certainly can be a flaw, I can reveal that even if one or two of the characters might have that insecurity, it won’t be the biggest focus of their character, so to speak. R, for example, is very insecure about their burnmark but it’s not a huge flaw of theirs in retrospect.

@Gwenstn Don’t worry, I totally agree with you. I could never get invested in writing characters that weren’t flawed or felt like real people (at least that’s what I’m striving for, though of course I still have a lot to learn). So although I can’t reveal too much about Q just yet, they won’t be a flawless good person :slight_smile:

As for these examples of what Q might be like, I have no idea who those even are :sweat_smile: but I love reading all your speculations!

@AmericanShakespeare and @Taylor_Enean I love that song :astonished: uh, just fyi

18 Likes

Some more fanart from tumblr that I got permission to post here:

Stubbron/denial MC with Azuridian during the scene in the study by caspierasan (their tumblr: https://caspierasan.tumblr.com/)

And one of MC and Rheylo on the balcony, also by caspierasan:

mc%20rheylo1

19 Likes

Hahaha…i saw the picture of R you put earlier , notice the burn mark…but…it actually make them more beautiful …LoL :smile: well, at least that’s my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

Great… it only means Querie won’t be as horrible as them , seriously if Q is somehow “looks” like them… i don’t think he/she will gain any love at all :disappointed_relieved:

@Taylor_Enean which alternative rock band you favour ? mine are Evanescence , Within temptation and Lacuna coil :wink:

1 Like

I haveWe can fall in love with her soul :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

I think i will fall in love with her Heart …even though her soul may be slightly dark :blush:

3 Likes

Oh, I am really bad with names on things and people, and I listen to most all kind of music, really. Only a few styles grate me, usually highly unstructured and chaotic ones. In addition, can’t say I like all music in a specific genre either, be it classic or rock or anything else.

I suppose I just cherry-pick, as they say. :blush:

But in general? Music from, oh, 1920 to 1990? :thinking:

(Although, some recent tunes are good too, such as We Know the Way from Moana (especially the Samoan version).)

2 Likes

Hester Shaw from the mortal engine series is definitely my personal favorite example of a physically and mentally flawed character. She isn’t a pleasant person and she’s physically ugly but she’s not a bad person and she has a lot of heart, kinda like R now that I’m thinking about it.

2 Likes