The Shadow Society (WIP) Writing Update on #1545

Sorry I didn’t respond yesterday, my sickness has been getting worse and I’ve managed to do little else other than lying in bed day in and day out :confounded: That’s also why I haven’t updated the document yet. I will get to it when I feel better, though!

@Eric_knight Yeah, the Blue Hammers is a team from MC and M’s town. The story doesn’t actually take place in the US (in my mind, at least), so there aren’t states and such… though with the whole American football thing I can totally understand why someone would draw that conclusion :sweat_smile: M played American football in school and was really good at it, so it was pretty natural that they were scouted to be in one of the best teams of that town.

Giving the MC’s old house’s past, I’m not sure if anyone would want to live there… It might be best to leave it be :relieved: especially someone like M who gets scared easily haha

Yeah, soccer is really popular over here… But I don’t like watching sports that much, actually. MMA can be fun to watch sometimes, but soccer is just really boring in my opinion, even though I played it myself once upon a time :stuck_out_tongue: sorry if you like it though, I mean no offense!

12 Likes

Ahhh… sorry to hear that :cold_sweat: hope you will recover soon … please rest more …

Hmmm… so M is scared of super natural things, interesting :slight_smile:

well… i know of Paige Vanzant , the girl can dance but unfortunately not having much success recently despite being a crowd favourite , i think her “switch kick” in an MMA fight gone viral not too long ago, but she didn’t repeat her winning performance since then.
Other MMA fighters i know is CM punk and Brock Lesnar , who transform from Wrestlers :slight_smile:

Don’t worry about it :grin:

Anyway… rest more and take care … :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Q is my favorite! I had a lot of fun with this one, looking forward to more!

4 Likes

@Eric_knight Thanks! I feel a lot better today, although I’m not fully recovered yet :blush:

M has a complicated relationship to the supernatural - on one hand, they love everything occult and out of the ordinary, but they are also easily frightened… At least in certain circumstances, as you can notice when the strange blackout happens in the demo :smiley:

Oh yeah, I know the switch kick! But I didn’t know she was a dancer as well :open_mouth: huh, I see! I’m not too good with names, I mostly just watch randomly haha. But that’s cool to know!

Thanks again :smile:

@cottoncandy Aww, thanks! I’m planning on updating some more info and stuff tonight, so look forward to that if you’re interested :blush: glad you like Q despite their very brief appearance so far!

15 Likes

Document Update 19/4 -18

Hi!

Just stopping by again to let all of you know that the document has been updated with an new excerpt and a new collective diary sneak peak :slight_smile: hope you enjoy it!

Progress otherwise is going relatively smoothly, except for me being sick and some unexpected events happening that has forced me to focus on stuff other than writing. But I’m getting back into it~

As always, thanks for your support <3

24 Likes

Yeah … i think it was cute for Michaela to ask me to hold hand with her in the dark … how could anyone reject her ? :blush:

paste you a link of Paige in "Dancing with the Stars "

I really wish she could do well in MMA too…

Oh… and please take care and recover fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried myself at a haiku again…my second one.

Oceans drowning me.
Two, ice-blue gusts; freezing waves,
Your solemn embrace.

Hope you like it and please, fell free to share your opinions on it :slight_smile:

And, if you don’t mind me asking @Carawen, what would A’s reaction be to hear or read this? I know they like (classical) music so I’m hopeful they can appreciate this, too. (At least the effort :smiley: ) If not, then I have to try myself at writing a musical piece that complements my three lines.^^ Hope you don’t mind me asking this here and not on tumblr, but I don’t have an account there.
Anyway, I hope you are doing better now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

royal disapproving grunt (?)

7 Likes

Yeah i could see that^^ Although my MC would probably be to shy to show it to them. Lucky him I suppose, since he wouldn’t take that response very well.

1 Like

@Eric_knight Glad you like her so much :smile: I have to admit that M is pretty dear to me. As are all of the characters, but I don’t know, there’s something about M haha

Oh ma gawd, that dancing…! Also, I’m a huge fan of the dress :stuck_out_tongue:

And thanks, I’m all better now!

@Orchid

That’s… That’s a really beautiful haiku, actually. I personally love it! And actually, A likes art outside of music, so they’d be very interested in reading your poetry. They’d be brutally honest about it though haha.

The fact that the haiku is about them (if I understood it correctly) would please them immensely, but they would be sparse with compliments so that you don’t get too cocky :wink: They would probably say something along the lines of:

“So, you have a way with words, I see. Good structuring, I must admit, and the metaphors blend in naturally with the format. I suppose it’s all well and good to use your imagination for scenarios that will never happen, too… Hm? Oh, I’m talking about the very last line, of course. Wordsmith you may be, but you are not the most clever human out there, it appears.”

Hope your MC won’t be too upset with that ^^;

And don’t worry, it’s perfectly fine to ask such questions here too! They are so fun to answer :smile: I’m taking a break from tumblr until the extended demo is released anyway~

5 Likes

like this?

9 Likes

MC:hides his pain "The last line? That is of course figuratively, you know like…hmm, when the ice floe… mumbles to himself and hopes R interrupts and As focus shifts to them
If that doesn’t occur he’d probably end with “Well, I can change the ‘Your’ to ‘a’…Not the ‘A’ in your name of course, ugh you know what i mean…”

At any rate, thank you so much for this! :blush: You just made my day(or actually night) even better!

2 Likes

You can have my heart

:fox_face:

10 Likes

@Gwenstn lmao, I almost wish I’d written A to hate poetry just so that I could use “disgusted noise” in the novel :stuck_out_tongue:

@Orchid Haha aw, I’m so happy I contributed to making your night better! If you’re interested, I’m planning a kind of character Q&A on tumblr in two weeks or so, where people can send in questions to the characters. Just mentioning this since I ended up writing out a whole A answer to your question :joy: have a great night!

@Hearts Bwahaha, A would certainly approve of you submitting your heart to them :wink:

9 Likes

Don’t know if anyone here at the forums is interested in this, but I created an aesthetic board (if that’s what they are called?) for Gwyndal/Gwendolyn today when taking a break from writing. It was a lot of fun, and I’m planning to make one for all of the RO’s in due time~

15 Likes

This story is so cool! The demo was fun, and the characters were very interesting. It was super fun to play as a super cowardly mc, then switch around and go for a rude, no-nonsense one. I really like the hook for this, so I can’t wait to see how the story progresses!

2 Likes

My question to M : " Will your teammate alright if i come visit you in your locker room while wearing my team’s jersey ? "

I feel bad for totaling forget about G … will G hates me for that ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may go in, you wont be leaving though. :wink: (at least, not unharmed)

Give them some cancer inducing drug filled packs cigarettes. :upside_down_face:

:fox_face:

PS
@Carawen
Is Qs power voice related? Siren like?

3 Likes

But Michaela will save me right ? err… Right ??

Howabout…ice cream and chocolates ? @Carawen i know A doesn’t like chocolates, what about G ?? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Which I definately appriciate :slight_smile:
Im going to keep my eyes open for this Q&A and will hopefully come up with some more questions :wink:
Oh and I love these artistic boards

You think thats the reason behind the muzzle(Edit:changed it from “gag”, which I didn’t know is mostly used to describe the ball shaped thing)? If so, cool idea, them wearing it would make perfect sense then… Maybe they are not able to control their power?

4 Likes