The Shadow Society (WIP) Writing Update on #1545

There are two more hidden ROs which have/haven’t been introduced yet.

1 Like

@Jared_Frias Hahah interesting analyze so far :smile: I wouldn’t put either A or R in the tsundere category, though; I’m blurring this in case you don’t want to find out anything about the characters.

A is harsh and cold, it’s true, but it’s equally as much part of them as the more caring part. As I understand it, a tsundere is a character who insults/acts mean to their love interest because they can’t handle their own feelings, right? A might be a bit uncomfortable with sweeter gestures but they aren’t embarrassed by their own feelings and don’t have much trouble expressing their wish for the MC to be with them.

And R, well… They are easily flustered, and they might try to act a certain way, but they wouldn’t exactly be mean to the MC. Maybe they would try to avoid MC because the feelings get too intense, and if the MC teased them a lot I could see them snap a few times, but generally they’re more outwardly shy than mean to hide their feelings :slight_smile:

Love the pictures for Q, lmao. I don’t know any of the characters, so I can’t say much about if they’re alike to Q or not though :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’ll be interesting to see your impressions of the RO’s in the future~

And as @AmericanShakespeare said, there are 2 more that aren’t displayed as clearly as the other 5, and their romances aren’t as fleshed out as the already introduced ones… But I wanted to have them as options anyway :slight_smile:

14 Likes

there is a secret agency involved right? so one of them may be from there ? and the other is the MC’s office Boss ? (at least that was the indication earlier on when MC was given the hint to date the Boss) :smile:

I think there is no need to stand up to A , just let her rant a bit… " Silence is Golden " right ? :grin:

Yeah… we had to side with one of the outcome, although i chose to destroy the forge out of humanity …but i am still wondering without the technology of making Golems, will the dwarf stand a chance in future ? and even if we destroy the forge…in the epilogue , it was told that there were continuous attempts to recreate the technique , but with failure …and more lives are sacrificed due to failed attempts …

1 Like

Haha I think it’d be more in lines of “If you want to romance me do as I say and if you want to object do so now or forever hold your peace”

7 Likes

I will tell A that, in human world…we have the right to remain silent :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It will be more amusing to just keep quiet , but when the time comes… do what A want …hahaha, just let her keep guessing whether we will continue to do her bidding without saying “yes” in the first place :grin:

2 Likes

well I only mentioned Saturn cause of the red hair and the fact the she (almost) never speaks cause something is always blocking her mouth but as far as personality goes I think they’d be very different I imagine her acting more like a less angry Frankenstein you can check out this video if you wanna see what she’s like when she’s calm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aloRW2pXe7M

Edit: lol I keep forgetting that there’s a male counterpart and keep using female pronouns but I feel like he would act more or less the same

1 Like

They came over as cold maybe harsh people, usually because some dont like to show their fellings other, like u said, cant handle them very well. But once u break their barrier they may became the kindest people( around the ones they feel comfortable with). its kinda extensive to discribe, and im lazy soo…

I dont really care for the deaths, my warden is just saving the place to be free of the responsability. Thing is however, morrigan abandoned me( and she took my son too)

Dog is the only loyal one, people dont treasure him enough

:fox_face:

7 Likes

Hey Morrigan saved our lives … without Morrigan and our son, we will be the one who died right ? :slight_smile:

Not every character set up receives the Dog… I mostly started as a Mage, so i don’t have the dog :stuck_out_tongue: but i agree that the hounds were the most loyal, they were the first who jump into battle against the Blights… especially in the scene where the king hold a last stand against the Blight . i always love that scene …

I thought in the end i have the option to follow Leliana , too bad the DA never continue this plot…

Lol… i actually meant to accompany A and be ready to help her if she can’t handle the situation :smile:

@Carawen…the MC is not ordinary human and will have some sort of power right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

extremely off-topic but you can get Dog outside of the human noble origin! You just have to do the mission for the kennel master in the Ostagar camp and bring him some andraste’s grace to heal the sick pup, and dog should join you when you travel from flemeth’s hut to lothering just after you recruit Morrigan I swear I’ve played this game too many times :sweat_smile:

Anyway, @Carawen I’m so in love with this game and your characters :sob: I’ve been sticking to your tumblr a lot (im the short anon who related to R lmao sorry) and I’m really excited for your story and proud of you, bc you’ve managed to suck people in with your characters really quickly! I’m excited to see where this goes and also really impressed with what you’ve done so far :smile: I wish you the best!

I’m also really concerned about MC’s father. Did he really just fall down the stairs or was there foul play (and whyy)? Did the mom know about the house being less than normal? ugh

6 Likes

Oh really? i must try it one day again :smile:

So, which character(s) you like most here ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Actually I think R? I like them all a lot and I’m definitely gonna try out every available romance but right now for me R’s my favorite :smile: which is kind of fun because they’re not the character I originally thought I’d go for when I first jumped in.

It’s probably the bad attitude about things and the inferiority complex tbh. And the fact that R is upset about being the shortest when they’re not actually THAT short, but thats got more to do with A being tall right? I’m about 5’3" (that’s what like 160, 161 cm?) and by far the shortest in my family so, I relate, I think, since my baby brother is bound to pass me up soon and I’m not getting any taller lmao
I think I like how they can potentially go from angry and competitive to flustered by an innocent compliment tbh. It’s reeeally cute, and kind of nice to be on the opposite end of that :sweat_smile:

and I 100% played as a girl in mass effect bc of garrus’s scar and prince zuko was my childhood crush so maybe the scar played a little part in it

Also the hood thing. R’s pretty dramatic and it’s pretty great

3 Likes

From a romantic point of view:
:snowflake: A :snowflake:

I do love the combination of pale skin, white hair and blue icy eyes…
Setting looks aside: I’ve fallen for the cold, dominant, possessive, yet (persumably) caring personality.
bows down before his queen

:flushed: Don’t know why…
Sadly on a friendship level I like R quite a bit especially their humor. Conflicts ahead :worried:
And, although I normaly don’t like the upbeat and overly happy persons, G still managed to get through to me.

With my taste I already envision my MC and G trying to de-escalate every tense situation between the two siblings… Oh and yeah I would probably die, if I’d try the love triangle between them :frowning:

12 Likes

@Eric_knight I won’t confirm or deny that, since I want it to be a surprise :wink:
And if you choose not to stand up to A, well, that’s up to you… But it may result in some frustrating scenarios :blush:

And about the golem scenario, I’m pretty sure the other outcome is even worse. There’s no perfect answer, there’s just… What you think is more worth it, I guess :slight_smile: Oh man I could discuss Dragon Age all day haha

As for if the MC is an ordinary human… I can’t give too much away, but no, they’re not really ordinary :slight_smile: You will find out more about that in the extended demo!

@AmericanShakespeare That’s pretty accurate, actually :smile:

@Jared_Frias I watched the video and yeah, from a behavioral aspect, she seems to be like Q! Oh, and don’t worry about the pronouns; it’s normal that some refers to the characters as him/her since they will be either in your game. I just stick to them to be on more neutral ground :blush:

@fennec Oh, hi! :grinning: nice to have you here, fennec! Aww, and thanks, that’s really sweet :heart:

Umm, I can’t really answer much about that yet, sorry :sweat_smile: but think of it like this: if the MC’s family has ties to another realm through the house, it could be a possibility that their parents, or one of them, knew about it… Maybe?
Glad you like R so much btw!

@Orchid I’m glad to see some love for A! And you can be friends with R anyway; it’ll just make certain situations a little awkward, to say the least… But you’ll see how that plays out soon :blush: by the way, I’m very glad about you liking G even though you usually don’t like their type of character. That’s a huge compliment!

You should probably stay away from the triangle unless you really love angst :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Oh yeah A is elegant and charismatic… interacting with a royal princess is always fun, i don’t think A is cold and possessive , her way of speech may be “unique” but i don’t think A can do much about us if we claim ignorant and indifferent with her claim …well A seems submit to the fact that the days of Royalty is over , not much people will understand her Regal way now …Lol :smile:

Hahaha…i think it will most definitely frustrate A since i claim ignorant towards A’s “order” …like i listen to her rant quietly and when she is finish, i just reply " You want chocolate ?? " :joy:

I am really intrigue to see what happen with the love triangle between MC , A and M … however i hate to see M getting distracted in match day due to the love triangle, although my team would probably love it… but i should really feel sorry for M right ? No doubt her team mates will probably beat me up when they know it was i who distracted M :blush:

3 Likes

Well my reasoning for the two traits were:

Firstly, the char-sheet Carawen uploaded does state that one of A’s personality traits is cold :wink:

Found here

Regarding possessive… I read on Carawens tumbler this ask and answer.

So, this is the reason behind my asumption. You know A being like “MC is mine now :angry:”^^

And… .how dare you defy the queens orders :smiley:

Sorry, but I think the triangle is acutally between A and R.
Again found in the document (first link in this post), but I too remember reading something abot a triangel with A and M.
In anyway I think you’ll not be disappointed, since - apparently - there will be reactions by all ROs if you have high romance stats with more than one of them^^

5 Likes

Will you continue to post updates here until the game is finished?

1 Like

Finally got around to rereading the demo, and I was really pleased to be able to read all the way through this time(Hadn’t read since all the pronoun issues). Interesting and I think there are only 2 ROs for me, Michael(a) and Rheyla. Of course it is early and opinions could change and hell, the RO I like, might not like me. I tend to be a snarky, sarcastic A-hole!

1 Like

@ Oh, I think I should clarify: A is not actual royalty :sweat_smile: they’re referred to as “prince/princess” and such because of their attitude; it’s more of a way of mocking them. They do come from a wealthy, influential family though (R as well, obviously).

Haha yeah, if you just ignore them, I’d imagine A would be pretty annoyed :smirk: it may actually be the best way to get on their nerves, which otherwise isn’t an easy task!

As @Orchid said, the love triangle will be between A and R, not A and M. Sorry to disappoint :disappointed_relieved: My initial idea was a triangle with A/R, but then I started thinking about one between A/M, and went back and forth on it a lot. But due to spoiler reasons I finally decided to make it between A and R. But yeah, there will be jealousy scenes for sure!

@Yev Yes, I will! I’m updating more regularly on tumblr, since I get asks and such there, but all the important stuff - like writing progress and new info - will be posted both here and there. Unless you’re interested in a lot of RO stuff, I don’t recommend following my tumblr though, since there’s quite a lot of such asks there :sweat_smile: (though now I’m taking a break from it in order to finish the extended demo faster).

@2xs I’m glad you managed to read through it! I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten all of the pronoun issues fixed, and don’t worry; now when I’m writing, I’m extremely thorough so I don’t mess up like that again. I playtest and edit every scene once I’ve written it, as opposed to how I edited everything at once for this demo. Oh, and you can totally be snarky; it might even be appreciated! As long as you don’t insult them during their one-on-one scenes, you’re good to go :slight_smile:

16 Likes

So get what M now madman or madwomen so going punch M in the face so hard he going after and come back life at same time and yes what M in face so bad:innocent::innocent:

2 Likes

Great concept. It looks like a well planned story. Can’'t wait to see the finished product!

1 Like