The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

I met Loki in the mythology first. I found him to be the most interesting. MCU Loki is still the most interesting, but I also like him for other reasons… :wink:

1 Like

I would argue that comic Loki in Kieron’s Journey into mistery run and Al Ewing’s Agent of Asgard beats MCU Loki considering complexity (oh and original sin, original sin was good too). (Even if comic books’ typical problem of “get back to status quo” robbed us by now from seeing more of this Loki tbh…)

1 Like

This is a lovely story, for what there is. It is a shame there hasn’t been an update in two years, but the first chapter certainly has my interest. I do like the use of language, the descriptiveness is rich but not overwhelming, and the intricacies of court politics would be interesting to explore in this world. I have a suspicion that our family, the Maeliah’s, are magical in some way, but perhaps that is Choice of Romance’s influence pronouncing itself. :sweat_smile:

Our mother, Queen Ysonia, does also remind me of Hildyr from Cinderella Phenomenon; beautiful but dangerous.

I do look forward to what you make of this, @Fawkes. It certainly holds promise. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Call me a heretic, but I don’t particularly care for Agent of Asgard.

I’m wondering if we can meet the deities of the Triad?

@Fawkes hi I am pretty new to the forms and I played your demo and I loved it I am just wondering how progress is going

Welcome to the community - it is against the forum rules and etiquette to ask about progress in WiP threads. Many of the developers/authors don’t have a schedule and write as they are able.

Most authors are kind enough to post updates when anything is updated (Fawkes is such an author).

Thanks for becoming a member here and for following the rules.

15 Likes

Sorry I had no idea about the forum rules I will go look for them now and I’m sorry about that

10 Likes

Fawkes mentioned before that your mother likes Iseriah so I’m guessing she’s fine with it or at least doesn’t mind it as must as the average Ophaesian.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing how things unfold!

1 Like

Damn… that 1st Chapter was emotional! You almost had me crying!

“You were a mistake!”

Geez. Makes me want to slap the King! Buuutttt I kinda hope the player will be able to save the King in some crazy, dangerous situation and the King’s disgusting words comes back to bite him in the future.

Like, “I’m sorry I ever called you a mistake.” Take that, Father! Was me saving you a mistake =P =D

Anywho… very well written! I was starting to fall in love with all the characters. Oh! I do have a few suggestions…

1.) I think it’d be really cute if MC tried to give his/her older sister a present (who was also having a birthday) as well. Like, even though you’ve forgotten about me, I still care about you sis :cry:

2.) And speaking of presents, when the mother of the MC asks what their favorite gift was… I think you should add some options that are a little more meaningful. I picked the Harp because I thought, ‘Oh well… maybe MC could be a really good Harp player in the future, MC’s siblings would often hear MC play at night or something and remember that MC is still there.’ You can’t really do that with Books… unless it was like 1 particular favorite book that MC’s father liked also or something…

Just a couple of ideas :wink:

7 Likes

I certainly would like to see the king eat his words about the MC.

4 Likes

@SneakyFantasy We’re so glad you loved Seven Heirs of Ophaesia.

Of course, it’s understandable that you wouldn’t go through nearly 2,000 posts in a topic, but the author revealed that she’s going through health issues. As such, Seven Heirs, while not abandoned, is on hiatus.

Furthermore, it is against the forum rules to ask when an update will be as it can cause undue stress on an author, and nobody wants to be the cause of stress.

That said, the author does still visit from time to time, and if you have the free time, she's actually revealed quite a bit regarding the characters, plot, and future choices.

If you click on her icon, this infobox should be revealed.

Click on the number of posts she has in the topic to see everything she’s ever said regarding the game, its development, and her health issues.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and if you have any more questions regarding forum etiquette and formatting, feel free to PM me.

10 Likes

Of course, it’s understandable that you wouldn’t go through nearly 2,000 posts in a topic, but the author revealed that she’s going through health issues. As such, Seven Heirs, while not abandoned, is on hiatus.
Furthermore, it is against the forum rules to ask when an update will be as it can cause undue stress on an author, and nobody wants to be the cause of stress.
That said, the author does still visit from time to time, and if you have the free time, she’s actually revealed quite a bit regarding the characters, plot, and future choices.
I hope you have a wonderful day, and if you have any more questions regarding forum etiquette and formatting, feel free to PM me."

Ohhh ahhh, ok! I didn’t know about that. Thanks for the info! :slight_smile: I was just reading through previous posts, my bad! ^^

@Fawkes! Take care and well-wishes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And the information that has been given is fascinating!

1 Like

MY MC

:thinking:

Nah, ill just let him die.
Turn back on him, walks away.

See ya, daddy.

:fox_face:

7 Likes

Both my Prince and Princess will let the king die.

3 Likes

I was thinking. The MC female can have a RO with a lot of power and end up as if she made a great wedding.

But it’s not the same with a male MC… There is no prince or a RO with a lot off power for him. He could never say to the king that he won. 'Cause we all know the king whant to make him miserable. So unfair :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Sebby may not be a prince, but he does have a lot of power (his family seems to be, much like a mirror of the mc’s relatives the second most powerful family in Verey), plus any gay marriage is a win of sorts.

1 Like

The king is going to arrange a marriage for the princess MC.

1 Like