The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

Yeah, but that probably would be too obviously what could make Ysonia and the rest of her family easily enemies of the king. Or could get taken the wrong way if the king puts MC in a position that would be fitting their status as prince (because everything else would be too much of an insult) despite being only a teenager without any noteworthy military experience…

And for a princess he couldn’t allow it in anyway, he may be the king but he still has to follow the social norms to a certain degree to not offend his citizens and the nobles. That would be a scandal. And should they have female field nurses I assume that may not be a position for a noble so again the problem of may offending people or even worse: to give the impression that of the MC of all his children is the one free to act up with him. No no, can’t let that happen.

4 Likes

TLDR: The King may hate Ysonia, and by extension, her child, and would love to be an ass to them, but he is far from stupid and would be unlikely to risk his reputation/position.

5 Likes

Well Terrisen isn’t that much older then the male mc is and he is being put in the army, presumably in a position befitting a prince. Of course for my mc who favours the bow over the sword it may be more difficult if the position of prince in the Ophaesian army would be fighting in mounted combat with sword and lance, instead of being amongst the archers.
While my mc could try to sneak in and impersonate a yeoman archer that still brings me back to my former point, I don’t see how the mc can have much impact on the overall course of the war from such a very subordinate position.

1 Like

He’s going into the army because he’s far enough down the succession line that if he dies in battle it won’t harm them too much. That’s the awesome thing with having a large family. As long as you have more than one son, you can go and have them all be lying around and representing the family in different ways.

4 Likes

Yes, and male mc is one place down below even Terissen, so I don’t see why the male mc at least couldn’t go too.

Yeah, good point (I’m sorry I’m out of likes, otherwise I would show my appreciation no longer out of likes!) but I wouldn’t underestimate the influence of Ysionia’s family. Alienating them by sending the MC to the slaugher may be a bad idea. At least for Ysionia MC is the only child and heir after all.

Well if MC got some help from other people it could work out fine, just trying to do so alone would probably end in disaster… on the other hand suspension of disbelief is a great thing to use especially if the storyline we get out of it is worthwhile and interesting to play. (Please don’t cut that branch, you don’t know how much the lack in sweet polly olivers in games is hurting me and I can’t forever replay Queen at Arms…I mean…I can, it’s a good game, but vaguely gestures with the hands new stuff to read/play is nice?) God dammit I completely skipped the part following that one, just ignore my confused rambling. I sometimes really don’t know where I leave my brain :man_facepalming:

1 Like

You even quoted the ‘but in all seriousness’ part, too. :man_facepalming:

Why do you have to rub salt into my wounds? T_T

1 Like

Moar questions!

What manner of religious minorities exist in Ophaesia?

How prevalent is Monathalism outside of Ophaesia?

How familiar would the everyday common Ophaesian be with Monathalist doctrine?

What exactly does Monathalism say about gender roles and homosexuality?

Details on the holy book?

(I am ridiculously invested in the lore of this universe)

12 Likes

I’m fascinated by the lore too!

2 Likes

Does anyone else cast the ROs?

1 Like

I think I remember some early fancasts for the family but not the ROs :thinking: (mostly because we didn’t have a list of them yet)
Will you show us your cast? I’m curious.

Do you need pictures?

Pictures are appreciated but I can work with names only too :smile:

I only have 1 RO cast at the moment. Atheron.

Usually it’s easier for me to cast women than men. Atheron’s the exception, but there’s so much information to work with for him that I could figure out a face well enough.

Anyway, for the female ROs…

Hera Hilmar for Kaedra

Kaedra

Chrishell Stubbs for Pythia

24%20AM

Saoirse Ronan for Jasiphae

Kaya Scodelario for Iseriah

Iseriah

10 Likes

Atheron was an easy casting for me. Adam Driver.

4 Likes

He’s definitely easy to get a mental image of, yeah.

1 Like

Except for not having grey eyes, I’m picturing Sophie Turner as Kaedra.

What is Atheron’s initial reaction to the betrothal, @Fawkes?