The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

Nethica has certainly caught my eye. I can’t resist hedonistic Oscar Wilde type of characters xD. Hopefully, his cynicism won’t get in the way too much of us getting to know him.

I also really liked Jasiphae’s description. I wonder if she’ll ever use that extraordinary wit and intelligent to a particular goal. I think she’ll probably be one of the hardest to gain her trust (if that’s even possible). My MC will certainly want her for a friend. She seems like she can play The Game well.

Lastly the already-famous Sebriel :slight_smile: . I got a feeling I’m gonna romance him first. Honestly, you had me at “possesses a barbed wit”.

You got a set of really interesting characters! I’m looking forward to meeting them in-game.

1 Like

And of course we can do a “Jasiphae” build right? I’m planning on playing a princess who is outwardly conforming to the behavior expected of Ophaesian women and very demure/submissive, but pursuing the unladylike subjects of mathematics and the sciences in her free time.

You mentioned there being four options for dialogue choices and default dialogue. Would it be too much work to have different manisfestations for strangers and close relations? For instance, defaulting to polite filler dialogue for strangers and the King, but witty with friends and family.

8 Likes

I like Atheron and Iseriah. What does the naval uniform look like?

1 Like

That dialogue sounds like it’s from an alternate universe set in a high-school for the elite somewhere in Southerm California. :rofl:

1 Like

I would totally play that. :smirk:
Someone make it happen. I will give you vegan cookies.
@idonotlikeusernames will provide horse meat. :joy:

1 Like

Looking forward to meeting more family members!

1 Like

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I was up until around 6 AM Thursday to take advantage of a Black Friday deal for an iPad Pro then spent the rest of the day caring for animals and catching up on some sleep. I got my iPad Pro yesterday morning, and I’ve been on it ever since. Then today my family also celebrated Thanksgiving as my dad was at work all day Thursday (he’s a firefighter), so I only just now have the chance to actually respond.

Anywho…

So funny you should say that because in the book series I’m writing, the protagonist’s beauty literally is a curse. She decides it’s curse worth having for her goals, though, which are less than kind.

But in Seven Heirs, yes, the MC’s beauty can be considered a curse. It can also be considered a blessing or even a weapon.

I’m really excited for everyone to meet all the ROs — I think they’re interesting characters, though I may be a little biased.

And you can romance Kaedra’s brother, but it doesn’t last. He’s one of the first characters you can get involved with, in fact. The same goes for Kaedra, since you meet them both early on — as early as chapter two, depending on your choices and how well I follow my outline.

He’s partially inspired by numerous Regency romance novel heroes I’ve read about. I have a thing for characters who are arrogant, a little emotionally unavailable, and generally make horrible decisions. In real life you don’t want to get involved with someone like that, but in fiction, well… :eyes:

One of the things I like most about Jasiphae is that her remarkable intelligence is paired with a certain naiveté. She can play the game, and play it better than most, but she has the heart of romantic. I was going to say more, but a cat just crawled into my lap and demanded my undivided attention, so I lost my train of thought.

Oh, you can absolutely play a character like that. I’ve said before that I really want to give players a chance to embrace or rebel against Ophaesian gender roles, or pick or choose what you like or don’t like. Character customization, etc, is a priority for me.

Hmm, I can’t say for certain. It likely looks similar to what the French or Spanish wore during the Renaissance.

It’s very, ah… bro-y. To be fair, though, that’s how I talk when I text. (Actually, I text “worse” than that. I haven’t written out the word “and” in two years, and I abbreviate as many words as I can.)

15 Likes

@Fawkes

I’m a sucker for a uniform. What do all of the ROs look like?

My MCs can’t be given beauty AND brains…I also end up playing a “Live in my new world or die in your old one” type characters :o

3 Likes

Like @ThoseCatsAintLoyal said, I found it very funny. I mean it actually made me laugh out loud. If you ever want to dlc add-ons for this game I implore you consider the modern high-school/college for the elite AU one in Southern California. :grin:

3 Likes

This is one WiP I am glad to be able to play a beautiful person. I know Dynasty soap-opera type of drama has made a mocking trope of certain female characters that most writers avoid in today’s world but every once in a while being able to play the traditional Disney princess is what I need emotionally instead of dealing with playing a modern Disney princess.

6 Likes

The RO’s physical descriptions are on post 1308.

3 Likes

Great game - refreshing to read about Medieval times in such a way, want more, NOW! :smiley:

1 Like

I wish that one of the gifts was a wooden sword.

4 Likes

wooden

Are you sure?

Can confirm. Would much rather have high carbon, spring steel longsword than wooden one. Wood sucks. Heavy as hell plus splinters, ya know?

1 Like

I mean… you’re seven…

10 Likes

Really though, what seven-year-old hasn’t used a steel sword?

8 Likes

Sure I’d love a live steel steel sword. But we are seven years old!

I’ve been so out of it since I got home yesterday. Five days of limited human contact and perhaps twenty hours of sleep total while being overloaded with cats and Grey’s Anatomy as it plays literally nonstop in the background isn’t exactly… healthy. Especially when you’re living off of ginger ale, onion bagels, Starbursts.

Anyway, in regards to a wooden sword: I’ve considered adding an additional present or two to the end of chapter one (perhaps adding gender-specific gifts, as well), and a wooden sword might be among those choices, but it really depends on how a certain scene in chapter two turns out. Regardless of whether that does become a choice in chapter one, there will absolutely be a way to get one in chapter two or beyond, depending on your choices.

If there was something else you guys wanted address but I didn’t see, just let me know. I tried to see if what needed a response, but, like I said, I’m out of it.

19 Likes