The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

Is the combo… Sebriel and Iseriah?

1 Like

Nope, I’m afraid not.

Jasiphae and Sebriel? Anyways, they already sound like my future bae. :kissing_heart: I’m a sucker for polite/charming characters with razor-sharp mind.

3 Likes

Atheron and Sebriel sounds interesting for my MCs. :relaxed:

1 Like

Oh, you got it! Jasiphae and Sebriel are my favorites. They were first of the RO’s to be named and have huge parts to play in the game, whether you romance them or not.

I’ll message you with a link where you can play the first 5k words of the second chapter (with a slightly updated – mostly on the backend – version of chapter one). :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Really? ERMAHGERD!!

So my free daily horoscope was right!

Damn. I should have played the lottery today. I would have been richer that Beyoncé. :joy: :cry:

11 Likes

Note to self: never leave internet again, or else you will miss chance to play a new part of one of your favorite games :cry:

Now that I know enough about their personalities and appearances, I can do some fancasting again! Yay! How much older is Atheron? And since you don’t really specify about the others’ ages (besides Senetha being only slightly older), does that mean everyone else is around our age, give or take a couple years?

Does Beyonce have the first 5k words of Chapter 2? No? You’re already richer :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Atheron is eleven years older (yes, a lot older, and yes, that is addressed in the game). For the most part, everyone is close in age to you, give or take a year or so. Most of them are likely older – Kaedra, for example, is a year older than the MC. Sebriel is the second oldest, but the age difference isn’t quite as drastic as Atheron’s.

7 Likes

Will marriage be a possibility for some of the ROs?

3 Likes

Not only can you get married, you can have children, have children out of wedlock, be married and have an affair, etc. You won’t get to choose the gender of your child (I’m considering making it random), but you will get to name them (with some suggestion from the other parent). You can also have children with flings.

To clarify, it’s not done in a simulator way; it done in more of a narrative way. There is no “Try for Baby” button, but there will be choices that can lead to someone getting pregnant (and ways to avoid that – I don’t want to force anyone’s characters to have children).

23 Likes

20…can I have 20?..that way I can have a little army.

6 Likes

Ah, no, not that many, I’m afraid. The game does end in your late twenties, early-thirties, after all.

5 Likes

oh…I was planning to put each child in a position of power in the kingdom…that way I could have my strings at the ready…can we have 5?

2 Likes

Hey! Both of the cutest-sounding guys (Mavrys and Sebriel) are non-straight! :smile: (I guess Senetha could be cute as well, but the description doesn’t do him any justice.)

Well, since they aren’t actually speaking English, it can be assumed that such words are merely the closest equivalents… :thinking:

Out of interest, are any younger? :thinking:

4 Likes

Ok. I promised commentary/review so here it comes. Hopefully it’s useful but not too spoilery.

First things first.

OLARION.
HELL YES! :heart_eyes:
He is my fav. sibling so I’m very hyped right now.

Our Head Tutor seems nice (?). At least for now. I wonder if we can genuinely bond with him? Unlike that Priestess. My MC has no love for that Priestess. :angry: I totally went with the “Gurl, BYE!” when picking options. :laughing:

Daddy Dearest being a jerk out of screen. Nothing new. :roll_eyes: There is a reason why my MC’s name is Karma. #subtle

As for the writing: Beautiful as always. Special mention goes to the descriptions. And I’m very picky with them. Too short and it feels rushed. Too long and I zone out while reading.

In terms of continuity, I ran into a bug in the first chapter, when selecting to be vocal against gender roles (a pop up appeared and I had to restart the game).

16 Likes

Ah, I see what went wrong, and it’s been fixed.

I switched to CSIDE for writing rather than Notepad++ since I needed to be able to easily go from using my workhorse laptop that’s always at my desk with an external monitor to my tiny, portable Chromebook I take everywhere since I use both a lot. CSIDE’s web app is literally the perfect solution. Because I wrote the first chapter in two or three different programs, there were some formatting inconsistencies, and I had to go through the entire file to redo the formatting. I used it as an opportunity to streamline my code at bit, especially at the point where Elesyth/Arterys are telling you about the gods, which is where the error was.

Anywho, it’s all fixed now. :slight_smile: I’m glad you enjoyed the first part of chapter two! The best is yet to come, I promise you.

2 Likes

Senetha is very cute! All the ROs are very cute. In fact, most of the characters are good-looking. What can I say, I love pretty people and pretty things. I’m sure that comes through in my writing, and not just with Seven Heirs. (I’m writing a book series loosely inspired by The Ugly Duckling, and of course the MC is outrageously beautiful – after she casts a spell to make herself so.)

Ah, but demimonde wasn’t coined until like the mid-1800s, and it’s French. It would be out of place in Seven Heirs, unfortunately, even though it’s such a perfect word for how I want to use it.

Pythia and Mavrys are, for certain, though only by a year. I think Iseriah is, but I’m not 100% sure yet. I think my personal preference for older partners comes through whenever I write love interests… Oops.

2 Likes

It was more the character descriptions than the unmentioned appearances I was going by. One’s a cute nerd, the other’s a cute nice-guy jock (not that those terms exist yet, either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).

Now I think about it, all of my WiP’s ROs are older than the MC, although only one by more than a year… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

For me that’s actually Sebby and Nethica you know.

Which apparently goes for this mc too, as they apparently still manage to stand out among all the other super-cute nobles. So beautiful it’s a curse indeed (of course for my mc it would only be a curse if daddy dearest decides to marry him off to some girl after all :fearful: ).

Yeah, but the Totem Force mc is excessively young, being the youngest of their entire friggin’ school year apparently.

Yeah, but he is by far the most awesome. Even our supposed “best friend” Sammy tries to steal him after all. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I really like all of the ROs, but I’m most looking forward to meeting Jasiphae, Pythia, and Senetha. Also, why can’t we romance Kaedra’s brother?

2 Likes