The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

@Bryce_Kaldwin If you’re going to all the trouble of a coup, you might as well put yourself on the throne. You’re at least of royal blood and considered a proper descendant of Rithalus and therein Tepharon, whereas whomever you marry isn’t for many Ophaesians that’s a major issue. They’re very big on keeping Rithalus’s line on the throne. (None of the possible spouses in the game are your cousins, so you can’t marry anyone descended from Rithalus like you are.)

@Zilla You want to collect bugs, huh? I might try to include that as some small thing in chapter two. It’s an interesting idea and can certainly be a unique way to develop the MC’s character.

I can’t say too much on this because this is spoiler territory, but there will be a lot of things for your MC to explore and discover. If chapter two sticks to my outline, I’ll be able to talk more about this after I update. :slight_smile:

Around chapter three, I believe, though perhaps sooner.

Also, for those curious, you will be able to have a cat, a dog, or a bird. I think I’ve mentioned this before, but there are so many posts on this thread, it’s easy to miss, haha. :smile:

14 Likes

HI CAN I USE MY BIRD TO COMMUNICATE WITH A SPY RING CAN IT BE A MESSENGER PIGEON OR AN OWL OR SOME OTHER BIRD OF PREY
(I very much enjoy birds)

More serious question about pets, but will our choice of pet impact our personality?

2 Likes

Your pet bird will most likely be a falcon or something similar, but I think I might make a pet raven a possibility (which I imagine would be good for communication for a spy ring).

And as of right now, I don’t plan for your choice of pet to influence your personality.

14 Likes

Eloping is definitely a last resort for my mc, if things get so dire that he must elope it would most likely mean that he’s in enough trouble that he either has to assasinate the King and/or coup Ophaesia or travel across the ocean and take up a new life there.

For certain mc and relationships I can certainly see them not wanting to make a big spectacle out of it ,but that might simply be arranged by having a priest one or two witnesses and our RO present, unless the there’s some law that states that the head of the family has to approve of all (royal) marriages, I suppose.

We can also have the right tailor make some cool clothes out of them.
Though my mc probably won’t really worry or care much about his clothes, so long as they’re warm and comfortable, until his late teens.

If stuffy Opheasian ladies in waiting are generally scared of spiders or snakes they might make good pets for my mc, though a loyal dog is always welcome too.

3 Likes

Will it be possible to get a cute humming bird pet?

1 Like

You’re an awesome person man, but your MC’s never do their duty to their family!

Can I have a intimidating hunting hound?

1 Like

If they find him a cute prince or nobleman he likes he will do his duty. :wink:
As for marrying a woman, well I’ve already said that the one circumstance where my mc will do that is if he somehow ends up with the crown and really needs a Queen. But since he has three brothers in line ahead of him and certainly isn’t actively seeking out that particular burden I’d rate that eventuality actually occurring as rather unlikely. Certainly not enough to trap himself in a loveless (but certainly lustless) marriage.

My Infinity series mc likewise did his duty by getting a commission and perhaps to his horror being a far better soldier than he thought he’d be, which is to that he hasn’t really planned for after the war since he never anticipated coming out of it in one piece, much less a living hero (instead of either a dead hero or a living but rather unremarkable officer).

6 Likes

If we’re discussing pets I’m putting my two cents in for a snake! I need reptile cuties.

3 Likes

Not sure what type of pet my MC would want… She might be too busy collecting bugs.

1 Like

My MC would probably want a fox or a fence fox as a pet.

1 Like

So there I was, sitting there and wishing I had a way to make my heirs the way I imagine them. And then I remembered: I own Sims 4!

So the first one is Princess Artemisia, a willful and clever young woman who would much rather be a scholar than a royal. She only wants two things: a challenge and an adventure. She’s afraid of losing her agency.

The second is Prince Theron, a timid and altruistic man who wishes to devote his life to Naphenia and promoting love. He’s a talented musician, and can often be found either writing sonnets or sketching in the garden. He’s afraid of being entirely alone.

The final is Prince Caspian, a charming and vain man who is desperate to be loved. He’s very obedient to his father, and skilled in the art of flattery and combat. He’s afraid of being worth nothing.

If any of you are interested, I’m willing to try making your heirs in the Sims! Just PM me their description and I can work on it until you’re satisfied :blush:

19 Likes

Clever idea, since you also can get different ages. :relaxed:

1 Like

Wow they look great!
Bonus points for using the sims CAS. :blush:

3 Likes

Yeeessssss!!! :raised_hands:

I don’t mean to question your competency, your obviously a good writer, but from what I’ve read this is a very ambitious project with a lot of branching, can you keep up with all the complexity?

2 Likes

I like the story the demo is developing here. And it’s also fairly interesting that you can manage potentially to maneuver yourself onto the throne. After all who doesn’t enjoy an underdog coming from quite far back in the field? But the game is really quite well written and I look forward to updates and the complete game.

3 Likes

I’m so sad this demo was filled with responses now it’s so slow :frowning:

Bound to happen eventuallly, as things are now at least :sweat: . The demo isn’t very long and while we may not have gone over every single little scrap of it, we’ve so far rather broadly gone over and gotten a picture of the things in it - the characters we encounter there, Ophaesia itself, it’s politics, religion, foreign relations, ways in which the chapter could be improved,etc, etc… If we do get an update on the 15th, then I expect it’ll blow new life in the thread though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The author just needs to give us another update to fuel more speculation. :wink:

15 Likes