The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

Since Ophaesian weddings tend to be grand, will it be possible for our character to elope? Either secretly ala Romeo and Juliet or just running off to have a simple ceremony to avoid the extravaganza, ala Jim and Pam from The Office?

2 Likes

Now I’m wondering again on how we can take the throne.
Rethorical question: shall it be by civil war, clever manipulation or both?

1 Like

Manipulation–if you were to win a civil war, the losing side may already have a dislike of you that will end up hurting your heirs. At least with manipulation, you avoid bloodshed.

5 Likes

But manipulation is not going to guarantee that you can do it.
Right now, I think we might achieve it by doing both. Manipulating the others siblings and imposing our will by civil war.

1 Like

Maybe there could be three ways to do it - Through war/coup (the Tepharon way), through manipulations (the Myteus way) or through allies (the Naphenia way) and finally a combination of all three, assuming your character leans a little towards all three ways

1 Like

Absolutely. Obviously there will be some consequences and whatnot to eloping (and why you eloped), but it is definitely an option. I hope it will be an option for most if not all of the long-term romance options, but I can’t say for certain right now. It all depends on whether it fits in the story, with the relationship, and with the characters. I don’t want to bend over backwards to include something when in the end it doesn’t really make sense, you know?

In regards to how you might be able to take the throne, it is my goal for there to be a variety of ways for you to do so, as well as an assortment of reasons for why you would. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

You could always marry a powerful noble, engineer a coup, and crown him King if you’re a woman.

1 Like

I think we’ve discussed the whole ‘shadow ruler’ thing and the options thereof before :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I don’t know, he’d probably have to be royal cousin or something, what with Ophaesians believing their kings are descended from the gods and all.

1 Like

Gods are fickle beings sir, they can always appoint a new champion, if the old ones lose their favour.

1 Like

For some reason, I want my MC to start collecting bugs

7 Likes

@Zilla This is the best thing ever. Forget politics, war, love. I will be the greatest collector of butterflies in the history of Ophaesia!

9 Likes

What about spirituality? Will the MC be able to explore other religions and philosophies, or will we focus on the official religion of Ophaesia?

Also when can my MC start smooching boys :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

Butterflies, and Beetles
 and maybe Dragonflys.

4 Likes

You want the MC to be able to become Ophaesia’s version of Carl von LinnĂ© of what? :stuck_out_tongue:

Once he/she enters their teens, I should think :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

And spiders? I would show them to girls, and wonder why they’d stop talking to me. Not that I’d really care, spiders are far more interesting than girls.

5 Likes

I’ll rather just have multiple cats and dogs at least three of each :smiley:

1 Like

I think I’d rather my MC have a bird or something
 Not a parrot through; wrong kind of setting for that :laughing:

2 Likes

Yep the last thing you need is a parrot repeating your plans for world domination to random people :joy:

2 Likes

While we’re out collecting bugs, we might as well take any shed snake skin as well.

2 Likes