The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

@Fawkes I know you mentioned that the technology level is pre-firearms but is it also pre-cannon/gunpowder?

How is the Ophaesian Navy armed for instance?

2 Likes

Oh, hereā€™s the working link for my characterā€™s mask. Thanks, RedRoses:

And it looks like my character will get along with all his siblings except the heir. Hereā€™s hoping we can have fun driving him up the wall with our snark. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t it mentioned that Terrisenā€™s a little taller than most people? Radcliffeā€™s such a weird choice. Unless Ophaesians are not that tall in the first place.

Sorry had to. :laughing:

1 Like

Ah, well. I am an idealist. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Fawkes Ahaha, in that case, happy early birthday! :grin:

And thank you, Iā€™m glad you liked Antonia! Iā€™d still blabber on about her developments whether or not you told me to, so rest assured that I will update you on her story. :laughing:

I do have some more questions, actually, this time about the love interests. :heart_eyes: How old will the MC be when they meet them? Will they be introduced ā€“ or will they and the MC develop a relationship ā€“ one by one or at the same time? Can the MC romance more than one of them, at least until a certain checkpoint if there is any?
Anyhow, 9 is a very ambitious amount for love interests. I canā€™t wait to see how the game will branch out with each of them. :wink:

Thanks for the description of the MCā€™s siblings! So far, Iā€™m most drawn to Olarion. Heā€™d make for an extremely useful ally, and vice versa, an extremely dangerous enemy. That, and I just have a thing for nerds. Being furtively manipulative just adds to his appeal. :smirk: Too bad heā€™s the MCā€™s half-brother.

Regardless of their standpoints, I think Antonia would yearn for an emotional connection with any of her siblings. She still considers them family, even though the feeling may not be mutual. She misses Terrisen and Baelira most of all, naturally, and it still saddens her sometimes that their initial closeness has waned immensely.

ā€¦ See, I told you Iā€™d bore you with her details anyway.

@RedRoses I AM A BIG FAN OF YOUR FANCAST

Also, @UmbraLamia, that hurt. :joy:

6 Likes

Looks at the MCā€™s siblingsā€¦Looks back at the MC with her porcelain skin, black hair and green eyesā€¦

Aw. My poor MCā€™s going to stand out like a sore thumb. :frowning: Like she needed more evidence to blatantly point out they donā€™t share the same mother.

Btw how tall is Ysonia?

9 Likes

Meh , Iā€™mma have to hit you with this guy !

He works too !

(Special thanks to @RedRoses for tecaching me to link stuff to words!)

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t it mentioned that Terrisenā€™s a little taller than most people? Radcliffeā€™s such a weird choice. Unless Ophaesians are not that tall in the first place.

Sorry had to. :laughing:

Donā€™t heightshame me!

1 Like

Iā€™m one you you guys, too. So it doesnā€™t count.

Itā€™s not my fault you have internalized heightism.

(In honest though, I just went for the ā€œheā€™s the shortest brotherā€ part and cast my favorite short man. In my defense back in the day men were shorter than that!)

4 Likes

You can take into account that average height differs all over the world if we compare with the real world.

But since weā€™re dealing with a fictional country, as long as we donā€™t get an outright number for height in Ophaesia, Iā€™m pretty sure we can just go nuts in imagining what the average height is. ^^

4 Likes

All of the half-siblings, except for Baelira,cause sheā€™s just too nice, will make good targets for pranks but Ilythis, Keralith and Olarion will probably be his favourite targets/victims. With Ilythis and Olarion likely as his absolute favourites. Ilythis will be fun to prank in order to try to get different reactions out of our mystery girl and Olarion because heā€™s likely to provide the greatest challenge.

Neraven on the other hand may turn out to be the most complex type of relationship, provided heā€™s not as much of a jerk to us as dear old dad, my mc will certainly attempt to prank him a few times but he may also be the guy he tries impress and secretly craves the approval of in lieu of his father (though heā€™ll never admit it).

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been wondering if we may have a sort of Cersei and Jamie type of relationship with some siblings? I mean aristocracy and royals are know for the incest angle, so Iā€™m curious at how far the relations will span.

WHOOPS, sorry for the repeated question!

Fawkes already said no incest between siblings.

2 Likes

Ah, sweet, thanks for the info!

Thatā€™s the story :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Makes total sense, and itā€™s nice to see a royals centric game that doesnā€™t go for the famous aristocratic taboos!

4 Likes

At least one of the love interests will be introduced in chapter 2, that much Fawkes has said so far in that regard :slight_smile:

Childhood love , oh so sweet :blush:

Imagining everyone in Ophaesia the size of a giant
Everyone else outside of Ophaesia as average human height

Oh dear. The romantic scenes will be sooo awkward :laughing:

9 Likes

If Ophaesians are natural giants, Iā€™m imagining men ranging from 6ā€™0-6ā€™2 and women being 5ā€™11. This is very overwhelming for my 4ā€™11 self. I also imagine my MCā€™s being the same height as me, with the exception of my male MC being 5ā€™4.

Anyway, hereā€™s my fancast. I love doing this. I have NO idea who Eraven and Keralith should be. I like the idea of Ian McKellan as Eraven though. My fancastā€™s appearences are a bit different from Fawkesā€™ official description butā€¦oh well.:sweat_smile:

The MC As I mentioned before, I have three MCā€™s. I havenā€™t decided what most of them look like as children with the exception of Rhilyra 1.
Most of the time I play as a princess named Rhilyra, or Rhilyra 1 who is very timid and shy, with purple eyes and blondeā€”almost whiteā€”hair. As a child, I imagine her as Saoirse Ronan from ā€˜Atonement,ā€™ but with snowy white hair. As she gets older, I imagine her as Nastya Zhidkova.
Rhilyra 2 is tan with dark brown hair and eyes. Sheā€™s very tomboyish and likes Tepharon the most out of the Triad. As an adult, I imagine her as Barbara Lennie. With a pixie cut, of course. For the record, I just found out about Barbara Lennie looking for my fancast. But sheā€™s perfect for Rhilyra 2.
As for my male MC whose name I still canā€™t decide (either Severin or Endymion), he looks like Francisco Lachowski. Heā€™s pretty shy. Total mommaā€™s boy and a bit of a bookworm.

Ysonia- Salma Hayek, Keira Knightley, or Charlize Theron. All depends on which of my MCā€™s Iā€™m playing. Charlize Theron for Rhilyra 1. Salma Hayek for Rhilyra 2. And finally, Keira Knightley for Endymion/Severin.

Neraven David Boals.. I know he has brown hair, but I canā€™t stop thinking of David as Neraven. He just looks so regal with his long hair. He reminds me of Prince Adam from Beauty and the Beast!

Ilythis Mia Wasikowska in Madame Bovary She has a very mature and elegant look to her. She looks especially sophisticated with her hair pinned and braided. She looks stunning in Madame Bovaryā€™s dresses and I imagine Ilythis wearing equally exquisite gowns.

Olarion Ansel Elgort. Heā€™s super tall (6ā€™4), but he did pretty well as Agustus Waters in the TFiOS movie, even though I disliked the book, movie, and character I thought he delivered a good performance. Very educated, very scholarly.

Terrisen Miles Teller. Not sure why, but I think heā€™d be a good Terrisen. He looks like the kind of person that would light up a room with his presence.

Baelira- Alicia Vikander or Chloƫ Grace Moretz. I love the idea of Alicia being Baelira. I fell in love with her performance in Testament of Youth. So, now I adore her. So, kudos to @RedRoses for ingraining that image into my mind.

Elesyth- Helen Mirren. Not sure why, and I donā€™t know if her age was ever specified or hinted atā€¦But Helen Mirren is my best shot. She looks very wise, yā€™know?

But if a sweet, roguish RO with long, dark hair should pop up any time soonā€¦I already have him picked out. Garrett Hedlund from Eragon. Talk about dreamy. This was fun to do, tbh.

7 Likes