The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

Update - August 2nd, 2017

Before anyone gets too excited, let me clarify once more: This is not a proper game update — there’s no new content.

Now that that’s out of the way, I can get on to letting y’all know what’s going on.

This is going to be super long. Important parts are bolded, and there’s a TL;DR summary at the end.

It has been… a very, very long time since Seven Heirs has been updated, and I have more or less ghosted. I want to sincerely apologize for that, and I want you guys to know that I never meant to just disappear and leave y’all hanging. I have my reasons though, and I’m going to tell them to you guys so you know why this happened and to further explain what is going to happen with Seven Heirs.

I haven’t properly worked on Seven Heirs in awhile due to health reasons, both mental and physical. I have been coping with debilitating Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder for years now. It doesn’t let up, not really, but like with anything, I have my good days. I wrote the first chapter (and part of the second chapter) during a period of many good days. I haven’t had good days like those since, not really. After a long period of bad days kept me from working on Seven Heirs, I found it difficult to get back into writing it.

I never did give up on it, though. I’ve thought about it a lot, but it seemed like a colossal task, to sit down and work on it nonstop like I did before.

On top of my mental health issues, I’ve been coping with physical health issues.

Where to begin with this… Well, for starters, I deal with chronic pain, and it’s twofold: I have costochondritis, which is like chest arthritis and makes me feel like I’m having a heart attack whenever it acts up; and I have TMJD, which is a disorder of the jaw that means I’m having muscle spasms everyday. I hurt everyday, and that saps my energy, making it hard to be productive. I also have a B12 deficiency, which saps my energy, and hypothyroidism, which saps my energy.

And now, my health concerns have gotten even worse. I’ve always had poor eyesight, but only in the past year or so did I realize how abnormally bad my eyesight was. Turns out I have visual snow, which makes seeing difficult. I went to my optometrist because my GP thought I had a detached retina, but he didn’t see anything wrong so he sent me to an ophthalmologist. My ophthalmologist checked me out and confirmed that physically my eye is just fine. We talked about my visual snow and other related issues, and then he brought up that I likely have a pseudotumor. So he’s sending me to see a neurologist (on August 9th). Doing research of pseudotumors, I have all the symptoms, and in the last six months, my symptoms get significantly worse with each week. In the month and a half since I’ve seen the ophthalmologist, my condition has worsened.

I have a headache everyday, generally one migraine a week, my memory is practically nonexistent (almost comically so), and my vision is extremely bad. There’s a risk of these symptoms, especially the vision loss, to be permanent to a degree, but treatment is pretty straight forward. I’m concerned, of course, but I’m determined to not worry too much. This goes without saying, but this has made doing anything a bit more difficult

So where does that leave Seven Heirs?

Well, Seven Heirs is my baby. I have notes for it scattered across documents on my main laptop. I am going to start working on it again, but perhaps not at the pace y’all would like. To keep myself from burning out, I’m going to take it slow, work on it as I am able.

What will slow this down even more is that while working on this, I’m also going to try to work on a couple of other projects. Those debilitating mental health issues I mentioned? They’re disabling to the point where I cannot work a normal job. I need to start supporting myself, and I’m going to do so by doing what I do best: writing. I’m going to try to write a few cheesy, smutty, short romance novellas to self-publish on Amazon as a way to make money (under an equally cheesy pseudonym). This is going to take away some time and energy from Seven Heirs, especially since it’s a higher priority, but it’s something I need to do. Hopefully it’ll help me create a better writing habit, and who knows? Perhaps working on different projects at the same time will keep me from burning out.

So when will the next update be?

Hell if I know. It could be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months — maybe even longer — since I update once I have, for all intents and purposes, finished the chapter.

Just know that I am going to work on it, bit by bit, as I am able. Fortunately, I have so many outlines and notes, it’ll be relatively easy to pick up where I left off. Even if I take a break, I’ll know exactly what needs to happen next when I come back to it.

TL;DR

• I have been unwell & unable to work on Seven Heirs for awhile.
  • I haven’t given up on Seven Heirs & am going to start working on it again.
  • I am going to work on other projects at the same time.
  • I have no idea when the next update will be.

If you have any questions or whatever, just let me know.

Thank you for your patience. It means a lot to me, and I hope the wait will be worthwhile.

Also, sorry for any typos. The pseudotumor makes it hard to read, and I didn’t feel like having someone else proofread this for me.

122 Likes