The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

My female Heir likes uniforms.

4 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward for my female heir to tick off dad!

5 Likes

Sheā€™s likely going to try and sneak into a Myteus or Tepharon temple and disguise herself as a boy.

7 Likes

@Fawkes

Will the dad try to kill the MC?

2 Likes

I certainly wouldnā€™t put it past him.

I think I remember reading that he wouldnā€™t try killing the MC since the MC is too little of a threat (the male MC is only 4th in line to the throne and the female MC is even lower) and itā€™d be difficult to keep such an act secret. Basically the risk is too great while the reward too little.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s always poison.

1 Like

Perks of having been gone foreverā€¦ :joy:

8 Likes

So will Baelira give the MC a chance?

3 Likes

I think she was raised in the nursery with the MC for a time, along with the youngest brother, so out of all of them, it seems they might be the kindest. They seem to be the most out going and friendly pair of the bunch too.

As for the King trying to murder the MC, he probably wouldnā€™t try unless extreme circumstances pushed him to do so. Itā€™s pretty much the same reason heā€™s not killed his wife, the MCā€™s mom, that he and everyone else seems to hate.

She is from a very powerful, wealthy, and well connected noble family. If he killed her, he might risk a war. And the queen explicitly tells the MC, she and her family view them as a member of their house and ahead of the royal house. Sheā€™s definitely trying to foster loyalty to her family instead of dear old dadā€™s. Based off her words and the kind of gifts the MC gets from their momā€™s side of the family, they have very high hopes for the MC, and view them as important. Killing them might be worse for the king than killing the queen.

11 Likes

There would be hell to pay!

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing it wonā€™t be too difficult to establish good relations with Baelira and Terrisen if the MC tries, but it gets harder with the older siblings (except Olarion, who likes you from the start). Wouldnā€™t surprise me if some min-maxing is required in Neravenā€™s and Keralithā€™s case.

1 Like

Why does Olarion like the MC from the start?

:fox_face: He knows thingsā€¦ :eyes:

4 Likes

Dunno, but heā€™s smart. I remember reading that heā€™s smarter than his dad, so itā€™s probably a given that daddy dearest canā€™t influence him.

8 Likes

Good that at least one of the siblings has a mind of his own!

6 Likes

There is a difference between Book smarts vs. Street smarts.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s the truth. :grinning:

Who says someone canā€™t be both?

9 Likes

A quick update on the state of things:

My main laptop ā€“ my PC that has Photoshop, my games, some art, and various documents ā€“ is BSOD-ing out of nowhere. Iā€™ve been fortunate in that Iā€™ve managed to move some important files over the Google Drive (thank god I have 100gb of space there), so not all is lost, but the kind of error Iā€™m getting is one that I cannot fix myself (itā€™s likely hardware-related, and while my major in college was Computer Science, I did not stay long enough to learn how to work with hardware).

We have a guy who fixes our computers for us, but itā€™s $75 just to have him look at the computer, nevermind fixing it, so itā€™ll be awhile before I can get it into him. There arenā€™t any files I need from my computer at the moment, but I really, really dislike not having access to a proper PC. I have a bit of money saved up, but Iā€™m saving it in order to take a class to be a certified, freelance proofreader, a class my aunt has done and has found great success through. I had hoped that in order to add to my savings I would maybe create and sell some e-book covers, but I canā€™t do that without Photoshop. Itā€™s very frustrating.

Anyway, the computer situation doesnā€™t directly affect my working on Seven Heirs as I do that entirely through the cloud now (bless CSIDE and Dropbox), but Iā€™m at the moment in great need of money so I can take that class and begin saving to have my laptop fixed or (preferably) buy a new one. I might see if there are other short-term ways I can make money online, and that might cut into how much I am able to write.

On another note, I thought I ought to mention that I am working on another ChoiceScript game alongside Seven Heirs. Itā€™s tentatively called The Glamouriste, and itā€™s a fairy tale-esque fantasy romance, heavily inspired by Cinderella, and it takes place in an entirely new setting. Itā€™ll be a great deal shorter than Seven Heirs and exponentially simpler in terms of coding and writing. Its tone will also be somewhat different ā€“ a good bit lighter and with a lot of magic.

It doesnā€™t have its own thread yet, nor is there a demo available, but Iā€™m very fond of it thus far. Itā€™s also helping me become better acquainted with some aspects of ChoiceScript which will help me out a lot with Seven Heirs. I hope that when I do create a thread for it on the forum that you guys check it out and enjoy it. :blush:

48 Likes