The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

If we were an intellectual MC would be possible to hide it from the king? Say put on an act as the stumbling drunkard Prince/princess thereby eliminating a lot of suspicion towards yourself.

But they arenā€™t in line to inherit the throne.

2 Likes

But they do have the power to bring you down.

1 Like

@Razgriz Yes, that will be possible. You wonā€™t be able to fool everyone though.

True but those that you canā€™t fool are usually the ones that you either cosy up to with an alliance or move to strike down.

1 Like

Why not a special gift for girls that goes well with mom and are subtle, like a ring with a secret compartmentā€¦ It was really useful for women that power of Belladona. :wink:

8 Likes

That is an excellent idea! I was struggling to figure out a gift for female MCs that was somewhat similar to a dagger, but I think I just might go with this idea! Thank you!

@Razgriz Ah, thatā€™s very true. :wink:

3 Likes

When my character strike, it will be to late for them.

Well for me personally there are two aspects at play here. The first aspect is the fact that getting rid of them would put me in line for the throne, possibly making me king. Which is honestly as good enough a reason to kill them as any. And we donā€™t even know if killing people on our mothers side may have the same effect giving us two kingdom titles.

The second aspect is a much more personal one. Looking at it from my characters perspective his father hates him, the siblings that he was in the nursery with abandoned him while his mother is never around. Not to mention her absence and actions are what caused the hate from the fathers side. The people at the nursery even act differently towards us either because we are a 4th boy/girl or because, once again, of our mother. With such a childhood it wouldnā€™t be a stretch to hate the family and just seek to kill them for personal satisfaction.

If anything it is just a very fun path to follow. Then again I play Crusader Kings 2 in which murdering entire families regardless of age or gender is the way to go :joy:

4 Likes

@Fawkes - I do not see why a girl can not be presented with a dagger too. Most women of the upper classes wore a dagger for protection and last resort suicide for centuries ā€¦ they were stiletto type of daggers that were easy to puncture through mail and in vulnerable places like under the arm of any male assailant.

Also, in some feudal societies, hawks were the hunting pets of women, going along with their crossbows and many of the famous hunters were the women.

I sort of feel your short-shifting women a little too much on these items.

4 Likes

My character would be apparently the perfect woman. Beautiful , charming intelligent but only show it in proper women activities dancing singing and talking. She would definitely dedicated music pieces to daddy. That would in reality back stab political position even if apparently are totally praises. Like daddy win a battle. New song about it that veiled satire of how was x houses who put the menā€¦ Stuff like that. Mara is a great court intrigue princess

3 Likes

Hmm itā€™s gonna be difficult which path I want to take though. Play the fool while pulling strings from the background or perhaps take the submissive option and become the perfect child for my fatherā€™s side of the family before slowly and carefully taking important assets to father away from him. Essentially ruin his life from the inside.

Though before any of that can be decided Iā€™m gonna have to see what waves I can make in the court at first. See who all the players are before showing my hand.

Well, so far we have only been introduced and referred to ā€œplayersā€ that are our family members so itā€™s hard to recognize and want to kill someone else. Hmm, unlessā€¦ Of course! Sister Elesyth is the mastermind behind it all !! sheā€™s taking advantage of the task of raising the royal children to subtly brainwash them all to do her bidding. :scream:

I agree that languages are a great idea but it shouldnā€™t be like the other skills, I mean, if you have half the max. in language that means you know half the languages or a bit of all? Even if you have a skill for every language it would still be weird to use it in the story. Languages shoud be more like a a trait or capacity tha you either have or you donā€™t.

Depending on how you pretend to let the players choose how they feel about religion (and how early) it would be nice if you could create excludent skills, if the player chooses to be engaged with religion and faith the MC will have theology as a skill, otherwise the MC would be given philosophy as a skill.

But sheā€™s a little 7 year old girl not a woman. And royal, with a lot of guards.

I completely understand.

Female MCs will be able to get a dagger in chapter two ā€“ or later on, if the player chooses. The reason why a dagger wonā€™t be an option for a female MC to choose as her favorite gift in chapter one is because young girls arenā€™t given daggers as presents in Ophaesia. Most of the gifts you receive on your birthday are common and safe choices because the givers donā€™t know you personally. Giving a seven-year-old princess a dagger when you know very little about her isnā€™t something Ophaesians do.

Female MCs will be able to hunt and have pet falcons if they wish. This isnā€™t exclusive to male MCs.

Really, anything that seems ā€œforbiddenā€ to female MCs, youā€™ll most likely be able to do/get anyway, though admittedly some things will take a bit more effort.

I hope this alleviates some of your concern. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The attitude of upbringing was to treat all children beyond swaddling age as ā€œminiature adultsā€ ā€¦ anyways, @Fawkes will do as he pleases. I was just pointing out some things I know about different western and central European feudal cultures from the 14th centuries onward.

Edit - ninjaā€™d anyways :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for replying @Fawkes

1 Like

Iā€™m a girl, actually. :sweat_smile:

Sorry. Iā€™ve been saying ā€œsheā€ a lot lately and even here a few guys got testy I called them girlsā€¦ lol. Figures when I was being safe Iā€™d still screw it up :smile_cat:

Oh and that fact makes this story that much more of a favorite :smile_cat:

Haha, donā€™t worry about it!

And Iā€™m glad this means you like my game more. :wink:

Question, on a meter of say military might which of the countries in our world is the strongest. Iā€™d hate to get rid of the king and then have an enemy army at our doorstep.

There are some really good female authors here! At this time I have, Guenevere, your story and @iris 's story on my ā€œfavoriteā€ listā€¦ gotta support my fellow writers :smile_cat: Ohā€¦ canā€™t forget @Lycoris, @Nekumura and the new greek oneā€¦ lots of great stories.

1 Like