The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

Nooo here goes my rival romance (my female mc wanted to be a paladin and resented him a little),but if it’s for the best ( it would only be fair to have a gay characters to balance out and because representation, but not gonna lie I wish it wasn’t this one ) go ahead, I liked the premise of your story and I’m not one for medieval fantasy, it looks really interesting, especially the characters(I read all the comments, judge me lol) looking forward to this (sorry if this doesn’t make sense English is not my first language)

1 Like

The crown is already golden – Ophaesians love their gold – but there is an unfortunate lack of blades. I’m thinking I’ll add an option to remedy this – maybe also let you douse it in the blood of your enemies. The court may call you a barbarian, but they’ll certainly think twice before they tell you so.

That’s a really great suggestion, actually. The poll currently is in favor of full-chapter updates (which I’m quite surprised by!), and if that holds true for another day or so, this is probably what I’ll do. I currently don’t have anyone to read through what I’ve written or discuss ideas with, so having a group of alpha testers would be a major help.

I definitely want to see if I can find some people outside the COG forums to bring in to read through the game. I’m not very active on social media at the moment, but I’ve been meaning to get back into in a professional capacity to properly establish my brand as an author. I suppose I ought to actually get around to doing this.

@mistylavenda was a fan of Senetha as well, but I talked to her about the new RO – Vesperion – and she seems to like him all right, so I hope you will too. I haven’t decided whether or not I will make Senetha gay, but right now it seems highly likely that I will.

Vesperion is quite different from Senetha, but there are a few similarities – they’re both fairly reserved – and I hope that he will, in a way, make up for Senetha being gay, if that’s the route I go.

9 Likes

I have a question about romances. You seem thankfully not follow the trend that to romance someone you have to say yes men to everything and share absolutely all same goals . But of course We should be able to effectively change certain ways in our ro. For instance my character is ruthless and manipulative trying to take the throne. I mean if x romance her… I suppose they can’t be nuns of virtue romancing a bloody princess

3 Likes

Could more be told about Vesperion?

4 Likes

For the most part, you and your chosen RO can have plenty of things you disagree on – you don’t even necessarily have to like each other in order to be involved – but there will be some things that your RO will have a strong, unwavering opinion about. An RO who abhors underhanded tactics or murder will not want to continue your relationship if they find out you’re killing people.

If you’re doing something your RO doesn’t approve of, it’s probably in your best interest to make sure they don’t find out.

I’m going to quote what I wrote in a PM:

28 Likes

How much of a fool does he make of the 6 year old MC?

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: Vesperion description …I have found my ro . He is cool ruthless and half kitty love of poetry… souls mate with Mara :smile: He loves poison silk and daggers too?

4 Likes

Someone to rival for my MC’s affection. Currently eyeing Sebriel… So exciting!

1 Like

Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne!

4 Likes

I prefer a classic Golden throne with jewels from each enemy I have crushed and silk decor and cats like lioness near my throne

1 Like

Assuming my MC just wanted power, would it nigh impossible for her to claim the throne single or would it require a marriage/pairing of convenience with an influential RO?

As far as Vesperion, can one work to undermine him early on so that his position as a rival is weaker once he grows older or will we only be able to deal with him later on in the story?

I love that you’re placing as much emphasis on friendship as romance and that just being friendos doesn’t close us off from learning more about the characters but if one plays an aro/ace MC, will there be noticeble differences in the way that characters respond?

3 Likes

I liked your description of him, but unfortunately he doesn’t interest me at all, but this is story seems to good so I will play regardless of having a RO or not, if it’s possible like can the mc not romance anyone? Gonna follow the path to power

3 Likes

Looks like I’ll create a female character for this RO.

2 Likes

I dislike the guy already he isn’t super cute, funny and charming like Nethica or cute, exotic, interesting and sexy like Sebby.
I guess my mc really should try to get Nethica out from under Vesperion’s evil clutches.

2 Likes

I disagree! I love POS ROs who fall hard for the MC because I find it hilarious.

Vesperion: Ha! As if I would care about you.
MC: You’re hugging me. Tightly.
Vesperion: [softly] Shut up. [squeezes tighter]

@Fawkes you’re considering making him gay? Is there any way I can bribe you to make him bi? He certainly has the personality to sway me into playing as a prince, lol, because he is right up my alley in terms of how much I’ll be entertained.

11 Likes

You get Nethica out of my kitty Vesperion… Our some Net will have a :tea: emoji :ambulance:

1 Like

Imagine the reaction his family has to him being involved with the MC!! @Fawkes his family would have a collective coronary right?

3 Likes

Hey, it’s the thread’s 2000th post! That’s pretty neat.

It (probably) depends on your stats and an earlier choice. Another character may intervene to keep you from being completely humiliated.

I’m so glad you like him! He’s definitely a character I look forward to writing – he’s very much the kind of character I go for in games. He doesn’t use poison himself, but he does quite like silk and pretty daggers.

A female MC can take the throne without being involved with anyone, though it’ll be more difficult and a more tenuous hold than if you were married to someone influential, at least in the beginning. How well your reign goes – should you take the throne, that is – is dependent on choices made earlier in the game, as well as your relationships with various characters and factions.

According to my outline, your coronation is the last (or very close to the last) scene before the epilogue, which will be done in a style similar to the Dragon Age games (kind of like Eagle’s Heir, iirc?), so you find out how your reign goes then. The game ends sometime in your twenties. If there ever was a sequel (unlikely), it’d probably only be for if you took the throne in the first game (similar to Affairs of the Court) and would focus on your reign.

He can’t be undermined that effectively when you’re young, as he’s in a very powerful position as the future head of House Verathae and a close friend of some of your siblings. Once you have accumulated power as you get older, you’ll have more resources to properly undermine him.

All the characters exist within the story on their own, outside of your sexual preferences, and as such, there won’t be major differences if you play as aro/ace. They’ll treat just as a friend (or enemy), though some may ask why you aren’t involved with anyone.

The MC doesn’t have to be involved with anyone! You can focus entirely on politics or other pursuits.

I happen to find Vesperion very good-looking, but I suppose he’s not for everyone. And he can be quite funny, it’s just often very dry and at other people’s expense.

If anything, I’d say Nethica is the bad influence in their relationship. Fortunately, neither of them often seek the other out, as they’re not exactly friends – they simply run in similar circles. They’re also family, as Nethica’s older brother – Raventha – is married to Vesperion’s older sister – Maevia.

Nethica finds Vesperion too cold and sharp, while Vesperion doesn’t approve of his carousing or philandering.

This is Vesperion exactly. He’s the kind of character who makes you wonder if he even has a heart, but once he’s in a relationship with you, you see a whole other side of him. He’s still an asshole, but now he’s your asshole.

Vesperion is bi – I want both male and female MCs to be able to romance someone meant to be their nemesis. I am considering making Senetha gay, though.

Ohhhhh, yes. They are not pleased.

Whoops, forgot to add that I closed the poll on updates! Chapter updates (fewer updates with more content per update) won, so that’s what I’ll be doing.

Per suggestion, though, I’m going to see about selecting some alpha testers to play through smaller updates via a private thread. I haven’t decided how I’m going to pick testers or when, but I’ll let you guys know. I may let these testers also beta read the wiki, or I may select that group separately (while allowing for some overlap).

20 Likes

I am wondering if I could follow the total destroy our mother family to acquire the leverage and throne. Normally i suppose to be a good girl and go to defend mom family. But Why not determine the family and go join their entire enemies and using public as a blade against Mom. I really think that cause an uproar and make myself popular. I really want determine Mother and destroy her…

Also He loves silk daggers poetry and kittens!!! Totally my alley also pretty.

1 Like

You can totally decide that your mother’s family is your enemy and work towards undermining them, if you want. You can even do so without necessarily being enemies with your mother.

2 Likes