The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

Imo it’s pretty easy to headcanon a name not exactly matching the Orphaesian naming convention. After all, the Maeliah don’t conform to the general Orphaesian culture so should the MC’s name? Take, for example, for my main OC Saveli. Saveli, as a name, is a Russian version of the latin name Sabellius.

Make Sabellius–>Sabeliys to match Ophaesian naming convention and then headcanon that the change to Saveli is the result of some foreign ancestor adjusting the name to fit their own culture and bam. A name that doesn’t quite match the general accepted Ophaesian culture but which is perfectly reasonable for a Maeliah.

I mean, I feel it’s not outside of the realm of possibility for the Maeliah to keep a foreign-sounding/foreign-styled name as long as it was already the name of one of their own.

4 Likes

i’m glad that the name of my MC (Rosaceae) was able to follow most of the naming conventions. i just need to deal with the middle “c” since it sounds like a soft c instead of a hard one.

I think the pronunciation sounds masculine but the spelling seems more feminine to me! But yeah I guess it doesn’t much matter.

1 Like

It took me six months to realize that “Neraven” was just Eraven with an “N.” To cover up for this mistake, I created the lore that Ophaesians modify names in order to reuse them.

@Fawkes I love how it took you 6 months to notice that. If it was me I would have never noticed something like that, it would probably be years later for me to notice or until someone pointed it out.:joy:

10 Likes

Fascinating information!

Sorry I haven’t been on the forums a lot lately! Tumblr and real life has been keeping me busy! I’m more active on Tumblr, by the way — www.fantasyfawkes.com — so follow me there for more content.

But, just as an aside because I cannot contain my joy: me and @Dae-kalina are dating! We’ve both very happy, and I’m sure some (if not all) of you have played her absolutely amazing WIP SoS: The Mortal Coil at some point, so I thought I’d share this little bit of news. Totally unrelated to Seven Heirs, but it’s all very exciting for me! :blush:

57 Likes

Totally related so you can have more inspiration for doing Steamy scenes in the future…:wink: . @Fawkes enjoy your relationship.

Congratulations!! Good to know you guys are happy :sparkles:

3 Likes

STILL VERY HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH :confetti_ball:

Now. So anyone want to talk about their MCs or prompt a topic while we wait for the update O:

4 Likes

How far will everyone’s MCs go to get the throne, provided they want it?

2 Likes

All the way. I’ll melt down the blades of my foes to make a throne. It absolutely hasn’t been done before.

2 Likes

@Fawkes are there any unusual creatures in Ophaesia?

3 Likes

When was the last update?

1 Like

18 Likes

Lately I’ve been obsessed with a “cold but with a heart of gold” MC who tries really hard to sell the whole soulless Maeliah spawn image while also being heart meltingly sweet to anyone who isn’t a noble but being in denial of it. Shenanigans ensue when Iphorah befriends her.

What are some headcannons others have thought of that they just can’t shake?

8 Likes

This got me thinking…

Nice with a heart of ice.

Hmmm…

5 Likes

Current MC am developing is Lyra who just wants to matter but even she doesn’t quite understand what that means :)) she’s capable but like she doesn’t believe she is and has stopped trying over the years

[Tbh this stems from Eraven calling her a mistake and being the burden of proof that her parents consummated a marriage that the kingdom did not want?]

So big fan of self doubt that eventually turns into being comfortable with who you are and taking on the world O:

So yeah. Lyra at the beginning is very obedient, “don’t rock the boat,” and almost withdrawn? She gets better after having some time away from the family in Methina

@awkward_viking

4 Likes

Oh, no.

That’s pulled at my heart :broken_heart: The fact that she’s so discouraged in the beginning… with that sort of mindset all of my MCs eventually turn bitter :joy: How do you think she’ll approach her siblings?

1 Like

Ngl, that’s the original build I was going for but then that failed since her niceness turned into the typical niceness of nobles who’d stab your back without a second’s notice.

1 Like

In her younger years, with cautious optimism. Like if she tried hard enough maybe they would hate her less? You know how some fairytales/fables/etc are didactic in the “if you’re good, then the world will be kind right back at you?” She grew up believing in that if she was nice to them or somehow did not give any reason for them to hate her, they’d mellow out and maybe even her friend?

(It worked out for some but for others…nothing has changed)

Lately there are some siblings she’s fond of but she’s also aware that there are some that will never love her the way she would’ve liked to be loved. She’s extremely hurt by that but she doesn’t bring it up because that might just make things worse

Eventually (post character dev) she does bring it up to her sibs that flat out are hostile or cold to her. I don’t know if I would call it a call out (call out feels to strong) but she does let them know that it’s hurt her in the past and she’s not going to let them hurt her again

1 Like