The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

Yes!

1 Like

i liked the demo :slight_smile:

(cant wait for more!)

6 Likes

As a obstacle? Eraven is a engaging one to me because of how he feels the most opposed to the Seven Heir and has a advantage for a while. But the MC will get older and Eraven will suddenly find himself facing someone whose footing with him becomes more equal or greater than his own as time goes on and Iā€™m interested to see how prepared he is for that scenario. After all, he is a ā€˜good enough kingā€™, which feels like it means there will be more than enough room for the Seventh Heir to stand out from him and possibly even the rest of their Dhalas siblings.

As a character? Well, the mystery of what happened to get him like that with his former best friend and why he takes it out on a child who had no control over the matter interests me and I am curious just exactly happened to his former wife. But Eraven is certainly one that I have less interest in having my Seven Heir bend their will to and more at watching them surpass him in various ways, to the point the king is not worth their time. I get that bad experiences can sour a person, but that is a poor excuse for his actions (Iā€™ve said it once and Iā€™ll say it again: the fact the priestess, who has no fondness for the Seven Heir, felt it best to teach the lessons in places where the king would not frequent after that encounter with Eraven in the gardens seemed to tell me even she may have thought the king had gone too far with his treatment toward the child). Heā€™s demanding respect without offering it and expecting obedience while treating that same person (a child, no less) poorly. I personally have very little patience for bullies and that what Eraven is right now: a bully barely different from his father who tales out his frustration on a innocent party caught in the middle of his feud with his former friend.

Of course, this is judging him on the current first encounter and the tidbits of info given by the author. Who knows what the possible insight a future update may bring in regards to Eraven or if we may come to see one of his more better sides or if he at one point gets reflective enough to change for the better Iā€™m not holding my breath on this last one, but who knows; maybe his behavior will hit rock bottom and the only other place he has left is to go up.

10 Likes

Imagine Eraven becomes this loving and caring father to MC all of a sudden

Either my immediate suspicions of his intentions get triggered, I realize Iā€™m in the middle of one of my CoG dreams again, or I re-read the passage in that moment to see how drunk Eraven got in that scenario. :rofl:

6 Likes

He would probably be plastered!

3 Likes

Plot twist: Eraven only drank one beer. :laughing:

3 Likes

He canā€™t hold his liquor?

Donā€™t know. Only know the guy hates sweets So maybe if the Seventh Heir throws a cake at him, the king will leave them alone. :laughing:

Maybe thereā€™s been a ask somewhere asking how he is with liquor, but I havenā€™t came across it. But letā€™s say the giant is a lightweight with alcohol just for the sake of the joke. :joy:

3 Likes

@Fawkes This is such a rich/well written World, you are really quite talented, congrats! :slight_smile: I have restarted this game several times over the years and, sadly have never gotten too far (I play on my phone, so if I get a call or text - I lose all of my progress and have to start over, same with if ever leave the page for more than a minute or soā€¦i am a busy body so this happens constantly, then I have to start over again etc, so I end up getting frustrated with my phone not your story and move on) is there a secret trick for not having to start over from the beginning, when playing on your phone? (Sorry I started looking through this thread to see if this had been asked before, but it is so long and I was getting unintentionally spoiled for scenes and characters I havent seen yet, so I thought Iā€™d just ask)

If anyone else has any tips for saving your spot in wipā€™s like this that dont have save slots, please share! I am admittedly not the greatest at knowing everything I could be doing on my phone, so any help is always appreciated!

Have a great rest of the week!

11 Likes

I love this WIP I bet itā€™s gonna be a success :+1:

3 Likes

I donā€™t know for games without save slots, donā€™t think its possible. But for normal playthroughs, have you checked your browserā€™s settings? If you donā€™t allow it to accept cookies (or selected to erase all info after you close the browser) then that could be the cause. And make sure to be using the normal browser tab, not incognito.
Also, as long as the tab isnā€™t closed (or the browser forced shut) the playthrough shouldnā€™t disappear after an interruption.

2 Likes

@bokeh Thank you, checking all.of this now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Np! Tell me how it goes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad Iā€™m not the only one who gets those

1 Like

plays Kill Em with Kindness

6 Likes

@Fawkes What are our siblings personalities?

1 Like

You can find descriptions of your familyā€™s personalities and physical appearance in the first post, in addition to the personality and appearances of the ROs.

Fawkes has also answered many questions regarding them all on her blogā€”a link to it can also be found in the first post.

8 Likes

I donā€™t see the personalities of them?

1 Like

(emphasis mine)

18 Likes