The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia: Part One (WIP)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

@Fawkes will we find out who the kingā€™s first choice of Myteus tutor for the MR was?

Is there a different demo link? I played through the one at the top and, fantastic as it is, it references none of the things you guys are talking about?

No, that link in the OP is the latest demo. All the things people are talking about come from information and spoilers posted on the authorā€™s tumblr page.

2 Likes

I can never get the Discord Server to work.

The one posted recently? Itā€™s not official, and I believe it was closed. @KuriosIasoun can you confirm?

1 Like

Itā€™s closed.

Then perhaps you should delete the post inviting people to join a server that no longer exists?

14 Likes

@Fawkes Does Uncle Althorys have kids?

i dislike a lot of things in life onions, racism, superiority. The father in this game may be among them, but the game itself is most definitely not one of them. May the king live in interesting times.

8 Likes

Greeeaaaaat. Another one for me to wait anxiously for more content on and to desperately and obsessively search for updates on until itā€™s full release.

Itā€™s such bitter bliss.

18 Likes

Such a well crafted story so far! I am definitely looking forward to reading more in the future. Keep up the great work!

5 Likes

I absolutely adore the game! :heart:
I very much like your writing style, and I must say, your characters are sooo captivating I love them already, especially the so called ā€˜Motherā€™, whose character seems so controversial.
I really canā€™t wait for more to come of the story. Keep up the good work :blush:

20 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly with all of that!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

Iā€™m speaking on behalf of @Fawkes who has just gotten out of surgery only a few hours ago.

No, this game is not abandoned. Yes, the game will be updated eventually, and the alpha version of the game has already been updated. Per her words, Chapter One has been updated with 8,000-9,000 more words, along with whatā€™s there of Chapter Two. This updated version is only available to Sovereign-tier Patrons on Patreon however, as she has not had the energy to polish the update enough to make it public. This is because she has had a bad spell of health issues which I will be putting under a cut because itā€™s a lot, guys.

Just FYI Fawkes actually talks about her health issues on the Seven Heirs tumblr for anyone who is curious.

So, as I mentioned, she just got out of surgery today which removed, among other things, the cyst that has reformed. Just last week she was diagnosed with permanent hearing loss and tinnitus caused by nerve damage, itself a result of a middle ear infection secondary to a strep throat infection that began about three or four weeks ago (which she is still recovering from).

In addition to this, she has been experiencing debilitating migraines every other day for the past four months (if youā€™ve had the kinds of migraines where you can only sit quietly in the dark trying not to move, then you know what sheā€™s been going through). If that werenā€™t enough, sheā€™s also been adjusting to new medications for both physical and mental issues. Finally, sheā€™s also been experiencing generalized, chronic pain throughout all of this (probably for a couple of years now, actually), along with her persistent visual snow.

Soā€¦itā€™s been a doozy of a time for her.

Anyway, there is no estimateā€”not even a guessā€”that either I or she can give on when the next update might be. These health issues have just been cropping up one after the other after the other, even occurring unexpectedly amidst a stretch of productivity. However, Fawkes still keeps Ophaesia close to her heart throughout all of these issues sheā€™s been facing, but thanks to her family and friends and all her supportive fans, I have no doubt that she will conquer these setbacks so she can finally bring Ophaesia to life as sheā€™s always dreamed of.

:heart:

115 Likes

@Fawkes As a leader, you can reopen your own thread whenever you like.

Get well soon, love. :blue_heart:

Itā€™s been a while!

Iā€™m sorry that I havenā€™t been around very much, but if youā€™ve read Roseā€™s above post, you have an idea of why Iā€™ve been absent. Iā€™m happy to say that Iā€™ve fully recovered from my surgery and am slowly getting back to full health! Iā€™m still not quite at 100%, but Iā€™m finally at a place where I can work!

Iā€™ve been considerably more active on my Tumblr, but I do intend to have a greater forum presence once again!

There are few updates I want to let yā€™all know about:

• Iā€™ve updated the first post to include an FAQ. If there are any questions you have which arenā€™t listed there, please feel free to ask me here!

• Thereā€™s been a major update to chapter one, which includes a new scene. The details of this update can been seen in the Alpha Changelog in the first post. Right now, this update is only available to my Patrons.

• I plan to create a library of Seven Heirs short stories, which will be done through Twine. I plan to allow some measure of interactivity with some of these shorts. I hope to have this out to Patrons this month, along with new short stories.

My focus for this month is to work on the library of short stories and edit the new content in chapter one. If I finish the edits to chapter one early, Iā€™ll move on to rewriting the start of chapter two.

What Iā€™d also like to focus on is being an active member of the forum again and interacting with you guys on here! Iā€™ve missed talking with yā€™all on here, and I hope this gives some of my readers a place to interact with each other as well! (I still do plan on creating a Discord server in the future, but thatā€™s some time away.)

Anyway, Iā€™m really happy to be back, and I hope all of you have been doing well and are staying safe! :heart:

146 Likes

Welcome back! Your contributions to this community have been sorely missedā€”and a library of interactive short stories for Seven Heirs sounds :fire:! Canā€™t wait to read!!

42 Likes

Iā€™m so glad this is back! Since you said we could ask you questions, I was hoping you could tell us a bit more about Elor, since theyā€™re the RO we know the least about.

10 Likes