The Sea Maiden (WIP) Last update 14th of Feb

same problem with the horse, too lol

I played it and Iā€™m loving it so far canā€™t wait for more

Who are the ROs again?

If you added some options to customize the mc, so I donā€™t the point in these options.

I donā€™t think they were revealed yet, but Princess/Prince appears to be one judging by dialogue options in the recent update.

1 Like

@dashingdon Thanks so much :slight_smile: (For the nice comments and the hosting space!) Thereā€™s so many good WIPā€™s happening at the moment, I havenā€™t had a chance to read half of them. I actually saw yours pop up the WIP section other day and itā€™s next on my list to read. It looks super fun.

@faewkless Yep definitely a typo, thanks for the pick up.

@Hope_Kibo Thankyou! Iā€™ll see if I can find and fix the typos as well.

@Curious_Boy Thanks for pointing those out. I spent ages trying to iron the prince/princess gender pronouns out (ended up changing some coding to fix most of it) but Iā€™ve obviously still missed some sorry! (@UmbraLamia Argh the horse too? Whoops, kind of failing at the gender swapping coding at the moment arenā€™t I?) Iā€™ll fix those and go back through it and try to find if Iā€™ve missed some others. If anyone finds weird gender swapping happening please let me know.

@Lizzy and @Harley_Robin_Evans Thank you for the support :slight_smile:

@ParrotWatcher Yep youā€™re right. He definitely is a Brion not a Calen.

2 Likes

(Double post as apparently I was mentioning too many people at once :relaxed: )

@Nexus Yes that coding was in there before I added the customise section. Wasnā€™t sure if to leave it as a minor customise section if you choose a premade one (It should get taken out if you use the customise profile I think? (I meant to do that anyway, need to check to see if I did)). If it annoys people I can take it out though.

@moonwalkerdragon and @readher Yep so far its the Prince/Princess. Might be more later in the story line but not possible yet.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, itā€™s all super helpful :smiley: (Wanders off to make some changes)

2 Likes

Itā€™s not annoying, itā€™s just confusing because if I already chose a style of hair I donā€™t want to choose something different of what I already did. But if you want to leave as it is, I think itā€™s ok I guess.

@Nexus ok, thatā€™s going to be a bug at my end then. If you chose a customised appearance it shouldnā€™t have come up. Iā€™ll fix it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I ask if itā€™s possible to choose your character sexuality preferences at a later point? Or maybe fix the dialogue that it happens in :)) [my MC likes guys but isnā€™t doing things to impress them] @Jacic

Just a point for thought?

1 Like

Hey @squarelyblue if you want to select your chars sexuality, when youā€™re in the tavern itā€™ll ask you if you would like to attract the attention of lads, lasses, both or neither. (Which will affect the gender of the prince/princess and may affect other ROā€™s if I decide to put them in.) Iā€™ve also tried not to completely cut people off too early (for example if you say neither, you still can choose to fall in love with the Prince/princess later if you want). Hope that helps if thatā€™s what you meant? (Or do you mean you want a chance to change it again later in the story?)

1 Like

I meant that in the tavern scene if you chose neither (which I did) is it possible to explore/have a follow up to that like:

ā€œNot doing this to impress peopleā€
ā€“> oh but are you attracted to guys/girls/doesnā€™t matter

[Mostly including this point because at it stands, current options given might be a possible immersion break for some people depending on how they want to play out their character]

1 Like

Ok I see what you mean now :slight_smile:

Iā€™m a little reluctant to put the ā€œā€¦but your still interested in males or females right?/Oh, youā€™re really not interestedā€ option in though, as itā€™s likely to really annoy people who genuinely do want a play without romantic options as it will appear to question that decision with a ā€œare you really serious about that?ā€. (I know I sometimes want to play a game where theyā€™re not pushed at me and find it irritating if the game (choice or otherwise) keeps badgering me about it within short spaces of time).

In saying that I realise the ā€œnoneā€ option could be misinterpreted or players could change their minds, so it wont actually lock you out of any ROā€™s if you choose it (Itā€™s a bit subtler than asking outright (maybe?) but you can choose to behave in a way or say things later that will still trigger the variable listing the prince/princess as a potential RO). I actually prefer not to have questions like that in there at all, but since I have a gender flipped main character that is potentially romance-able unfortunately I had to do it or potentially have the character of non-interest to half the readers.

Thank you for the feedback, Iā€™ll have to have a think on it, maybe it needs a re-word to be clearer.

3 Likes

When you are about to fight the lake monster,are you also about to run into the mermaid again (your father warns you to avoid all bodies of water)? If it is, then is that why the otter tells you to leave as soon as possible?
I am curious. Also, Iā€™m wondering if spelling ā€˜notā€™ as ā€˜nawtā€™ is intentional.
I really like this game!

@Snowflower Spoilers :smile: (Promise Iā€™ll get an update up as soon as I can. I canā€™t answer that without wrecking the story in advance as to what is hiding there).

Yep intentional spelling to put a tonal cast on the speech of some of the characters.

Thank you! Glad you like it.

1 Like

I just played the new update and loved it. Especially the reaction if you tell Dog that youā€™re in love with the Prince/ss. Especially with the Otter, heā€™s so sarcastic itā€™s fantastic.

Amazing job, canā€™t wait to see what you come up with next ! :smile:

6 Likes

Dost mine eyes perceive a Beowulf reference? Huzzah!

3 Likes

Ooooooh, I could TOTALLY get behind that!

2 Likes

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I was so enthralled! I bartered with a cyclops, I developed an attachment to my precious horse, and Iā€™m definitely attached to Dog! Heck, Iā€™m already trying to rescue a prince while Iā€™m still a damsel in relative distress! Aaaaaah, this is such a good story, so far! At least from what Iā€™ve seenā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement @RenaB, @Asura and @xXOtakuKonekoXx!

Sorry about the delay in updates (Have been really busy of late. Will try to get something up in the next week or so :slight_smile: )

12 Likes