The Sea Maiden (WIP) Last update 14th of Feb

Lol i was referring to this WIP. But yea i know which game you’re referring to :slight_smile:

hahahahah! I’m still curious as to why a mermaid wants a human for? Hmmmm seems fishy… :confused:

11 Likes

Well there are some stories that say they can’t procreate with themselves. There are other stories that say they come from humans.

I don’t know if this is the case or if this has already been said false by the writer.

2 Likes

just got this one after choosing to go find something for Black Dog

3 Likes

I really like this story, keep up the good work. Also my favorite character is Dog

6 Likes

I noticed the prince thing to. One of them is when you go to talk to brion one of the options refers to the prince as she.

Thanks everyone for the typo and bug reports. I’ll try and get them fixed asap and post an update. So sorry about all the flipping genders. I spent ages “fixing” them over the last month or so, but I’ve obviously got more that I’ve missed. Gender flipping characters are the bane of this story I think lol. (I am so going to use a different coding system for it if I do that again!) For the record the gender flipped characters are the MC, prince/princess and your horse. If you find any more problems with them, I’d really appreciate the heads up so I can fix them.

I know everyone wants to know what the deal with the mermaid’s promise is, but it’s still a secret for now so I’m not confirming or denying anything. (Not for much longer I promise, I’ve started writing some of those sections). Speculate away though, you might make me change my mind. (And I will be asking for feedback on how people feel about it as well :D)

@IvoryOwl I’ve had a few comments along that line where people want to keep the promise rather than break an oath :slight_smile: I’m hoping to do something like that. I’ll have to ask you guys if it seems ok when we get to that point or if it needs something a little different.

@Craz That’s the last choice of the current update (there’s more but it needs more editing before I post it.) Sorry about the error. I hadn’t pointed that choice properly to the “finished for now” screen.

Thanks again for the help everyone!

14 Likes

Can we actually have a good relationship with the mermaid?

11 Likes

Better question: is the mermaid a romance option?

14 Likes

Have you been watching legend of the blue sea?

:wink:

3 Likes

@Mxm124 and @ChimeraLord Maaaybe lol. (Sorry still trying not to reveal to much until I’ve got it all written and finalised).

@adrao Not sure if that’s aimed at me but I hadn’t heard of it before now. Looks like I can get it online, will have to have a look at it :slight_smile:

I’ve updated the issues people have pointed out to me above. Haven’t had a chance to run through it to make sure I’ve got them all fixed yet though. (My laptop’s charger has gone belly up and I’m hunting for a replacement/ one to loan at the moment, should hopefully have one soon.)

@Elysium If you remember can you please tell me what you were talking to Brion about when you had the gender flip?

1 Like

Are there any other ros other then the princess?

2 Likes

It was when you go to look for him to ask for his help in rescuing the prince.

@Vanessa_Pang Hope so, there’s nothing at this point in the story but I’m trying to write another character in with this option. I’m just not the best at writing romance I’m afraid so it’s going slow.

@Elysium Thanks! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It’s a Korean drama, somehow cheesy, but also quite funny at times… a tale of fate and love in two eras (medieval and modern Korea), both involving a mermaid and a human (who are related to each other, so all characters in both era are played by same actors) My gf loves it and somehow I got into it (quite light and somehow easy to watch…)

There are 20 episodes, here goes first

3 Likes

My mom and sister have been super into it lately, and I’ve just been sneaking just enough glances that I have a dim understanding of the plot. I’ll probably get into it myself sometime.

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, I’m enjoying how you’ve written the princess.

Are you open to suggestions for possible ROs?

1 Like

well, prediction from the Ninja of a Dragon (Aloha!) I think that possible ROs will be Mermaid, Prince(ss), farm boy (usually is one if I am not to be misguided) and perhaps a mythical boy creature to level it out with the mermaid? if I am wrong I bid thy Aloha!

I have question, who is boy we saw at inn that singing or chanting too our horse? I somewhat feel that he may connected to story. Sorry if I wrong thought

2 Likes

I just felt that it was a way to emphasize the fact that mythical/magic creatures are widely known to exist, but are just very rare.

2 Likes