The Sea Maiden (WIP) Last update 14th of Feb

Sorry @Harley_Robin_Evans, thought I had all these bugs out of it, but looks like I’ve missed a few. I’m guessing you were playing as male and decided to put on the expensive clothes? I was missing a goto there. Should work now I think and you can keep going to the feast.

Okay thank and no problem it happens I think I’m going to play it later go to bed know

1 Like

I got an error at when I chose to get up and get dog something to eat after the feast

@Zeus Hmm not sure why you got an error. Do you happen to remember the error code or can you tell me what you were doing? (ie did you pick title or money, had you been drinking a little, a lot or nothing). Thanks :slight_smile:

I loved this! Roaming around with Dog and my cranky stallion getting into fairytale shenanigans was great fun! :slight_smile: I ran into a couple bugs, I’ll write them down once I get to an actual computer. Can’t wait to see what happens next~

2 Likes

Elizabeth son of Calen, what do you desire? I’ll bet a strapping young lass like yourself would like a rich reward…His Highness needs to learn that a lass is a daughter :stuck_out_tongue:

Would it not be wise to ask him to remain at the castle for a time?

Also got an error when dog said he was hungry in the morning and I said I was going to get changed

2 Likes

I’ve also run into an error when I chose to feed Dog:

Which sent me to:

And then when I attempted to reload my save I got this:

Beyond that I noticed the Prince being referred to as “her” a couple times after I rescued him from the lake monster. I didn’t make a note of exactly where though, sorry.

1 Like

@Lizzy Thanks! Ahh I spent ages trying to get my flipped genders sorted out and there’s still more! (I’m kind of regretting the way I have them coded, I keep mixing them up). Thanks for pointing them out. I’ll get them changed.

@weremoogle I have a feeling it’s not liking that I used a fake_choice with some *if commands mixed in. I’ll change it and run through to see if that gets it sorted. (Might not get to it until tomorrow sorry). It’s pretty close to the end of what I have for that storyline at the moment anyway for the moment.

1 Like

I hope going with the mermaid becomes an option, who knows, maybe we’ll even have an aquatic adventure, learn a bit about the fae culture and romance some merpeople. My MC is the kind of individual that values family and integrity, she would rather die than let anything bad befall them due to a broken promise. Her father (and others) may disagree with fulling the the bargain but the the way she sees it the mermaid kept her word and because of it her family never had to starve. She wants to pay back what is due and clear her conscience of it.

10 Likes

Me too! I wanted to try and romance merpeople!

4 Likes

It’s not just the people! Even the horses are flipping genders! XD
(happens when: when the horse first sees Dog after MC is bitten)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’s a game for that.

3 Likes

Whats it called?

/20chars

Eternal Sea if I’m remembering correctly.

Ah, that one. Already played it. :stuck_out_tongue:
I was referring to WIPs, new or otherwise, that may have slipped from my notice.

I got this error when trying to stay in the cave: mermaidscave line 40: Non-existent command ‘selectable’.
Great game so far! :thumbsup:

1 Like

That’s probably as far as the game goes in that direction, its still a WIP after all.

Yea I considered that but wanted to say it just in case :slight_smile:

And now you’ve got me picturing the Mermaid anxiously/excitedly waiting for the day the baby she was promised comes of age, singing some sort of inverted parody of “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid.

7 Likes

I had a error to getting up in morning and dog saying he hungry

1 Like