The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

Thank you very much, all errors corrected and…no Artemis should not be in there at all. I must have been thinking of something else…

Thanks for hunting those bugs down :slight_smile:

A couple questions, did keeping the titles in when someone was speaking put off the story? What was my second…

• startup line 174: Achievement noble already defined on line 175

Not for me. I found it helpful to know who was speaking without having to go back to the previous sentence or paragraph. If someone feels a different way, hopefully they’ll speak up.

What was your second question? :grin:

Fixed and hmm I’m not quite sure =/

How is the remake so far? And the current ending?

• startup line 177: Achievement keep already defined on line 178

Well, I didn’t play the full original demo since it ended one or two scenes earlier so any comparison I try to make between the two will be incomplete. Having said that, I’ll compare them anyways. :grin: Hmm… let’s see…

I like that this time around we get a little bit more background to our character. (If that was present in the previous demo, it must have been locked in one of those scenes.) Speaking of our character’s background, I would like to know a little bit more of our character’s House. Even though the only member mentioned to be part of the nobility is the MC’s father, it seems to me that in order to be considered a legitimate contender for the throne our House needs to have generations of prestige and renown. Otherwise it would be akin to a poor man trying to sit in a rich man’s table. (I think that’s how that phrase went.)

Speaking of our character’s House, I think at different moments both Serenity and Rolo say something like: “I’m a part of house DeezNuts.” Are they kin to our character? Members of a cadet branch of the House? Or are they just sworn to the MC’s House? I suspect the latter but I could use some clarification.

Speaking of things that could use some clarification, the (current) ending. What the fuck? :laughing: I hate cliffhangers, but I’ll tolerate it if at the next update Rolo gets stabbed or something. :triumph: I think he has earned it by now.

Speaking of people who would like to stab Rolo, Serenity. She’s, at least physically speaking, an exact copy of Dame Ursa. Right? If I’m not mistaken they are both described as having scarlet hair, I think both their hair covered one of their eyes, and they’re both described as looking younger than they really are. Am I right or am I just longing for Ursa? I’m not campaigning to change Serenity’s appearance but until I get confirmation, every time I look at Serenity I see Ursa. :laughing:

I also noticed that author currently listed is the Immortal King.

Please Please Please tell me we get a really cool bad-ass male paragon like aragon from lord of the rings or something that would be AWESOME :smiley:

ALSO I WOUD LIKE IT IF YOU COULD CHANGE DAME URSA IF YOU COULD I PERSONALLY WOULD LIKE A MALE PARAGON AS MY FIRST AND MOST LOYAL

(sorry for the caps just noticed they were on but cant be assed to right all that again)

@CaballeroDeAndromeda

• Achievement errors seem to pop up when they don’t exist, but I did some editing to prevent that.
  • Your father is the only one mentioned as the MC’s mother plays quite the roll and don’t want a flood of information just yet.
  • They are apart of the house as in sworn to it. You are the sole heir to your house.
  • Haha sorry bout that =p I have the next scene mostly complete, but I prefer for my updates to end in cliffhangers ^_^, Next up is gaining that precious paragon.
  • Perhaps I overlooked that description. Ursa wasn’t meant to have her hair scarlet and long like that, though she technically carries the same rank as Serenity and no longer exist. So I guess you can say she’s an exact copy. Ursa is no more I’m afraid. :sweat:
  • Yesh I had to confirm that the scenes were updating to the new link, changing the authors name tends to be the best confirmation.

@darren_muir Yes you will have an epic male paragon =p I was thinking of going with twins… (male and female paragons), though a single male paragon wouldn’t hurt to keep things…simple.

@darren_muir Just for clarification, the one you’re referring to commands your troops. Your paragon, consider them as your knight, your bodyguard, your hand to carry out whatever job you need done. While everyone else is in the castle. Or out at war.

I’ll see about writing a little of the scene to get em now, although assassins legacy still needs to get some writing in too =p

Currently looking for some hands to help out with artwork, if anyone’s interested send me a private message titled “Art Interest” , most likely make a smaller group later for it.

Deciding artwork and design for character and settings can be quite…difficult o.o

Oooo what a cliffhanger you left us with ! Also such an interesting choice of.names you have us!ahahahah house McDiarhea! Cant wait to see what you do with this one!

Very good i love the artwork that was put into this. I may be reading this wrong but when you choose your background under the Assassin background it says you were born into a family of assassins. I thought from what i read your father kicked you out when you were coming of age to find nobility on your own? I may just be reading it wrong but it doesn’t make sense to that if you were kicked out by your father you were then born to a family of assassins, and that’s how you got your nobility. Maybe it would be better if you were say adopted into the family of assassins instead of born into. Just something to think about love all the detail you put into this story so far.

OH yo just gave me a brilliant idea.

lets say we pick ringleader can we start of with a group of criminals that
are loyal to you for something you did in the past.

if we pick soldier then maybe when you found out you were gonna be a noble
a bunch of you friends in the military swore they’re swords to you’re army

if you pick assassins maybe get your own veteran assassin

and picking a merchant would bring lots of trade to your city since you
served in the merchants guild for years you got alot of merchant
connections ?

@alexxo97 Lol thank you I try =p Hopefully I can make that cliffhanger worth it!

@Brimstone The assassin background is meant to be as it is. Your father disowned you. So you were practically just another runt on the streets. However your family is from assassin lineage. You know this and have been trained in the assassin ways. You killed those who got in your way, infiltrated the home of the rich and took their wealth, and whispered in the ears of the powerful. With all these at your disposal you soon rose to nobility once again. Spreading fear in your wake, so much that those who watched dared not speak.

@darren_muir

This might also answer your question @Brimstone

There’s more to your background. Each choice comes with its owns storyline. And it WILL come back to you. Your family history as an assassin would be a means to come into play later.

@Brimstone that’s a nice point you make there, although remember you needed to gain nobility with your own two hands. Being adopted to another family would take away any chance of being able to inherit your fathers house. And wouldn’t show you quite gaining it on your own.

can we have a dog or wolf as a pet he doesnt have to do much just like a
bodyguard he follows you and protects you i think it’d be pretty cool

A pet to play with in your freetime…hunt with…hmm

Not such a bad idea. A wolf it shall be.

I’m torn. I like the game, but I hate all the spoofing. (no, seriously, I hate spoofs- Zombien gave me mixed feelings, too) So conflicted…

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed ah, can you explain what you mean?

Alright thanks you help cleared the confusion.

Let’s see… there are at least three Mulan references, most of the provided names are ripped off from somewhere else: For instance…

Light and L are from Deathnote, Jin from tekken (probably), Shikamaru is from Naruto, Raven and Terra are from Teen Titans, Yuffie from FFVII, Nyx is a recent name for a place in Magic:TG, Dawn is from the Dawn graphic novels, Precious sounds like it’s from Lord of the Rings, Jade is from Mortal Kombat…

And then on last names, I know I’ve heard Windermere before, even if I can’t place where, Elrick is Full Metal Alchemist, Primrose would be a reference to The Hunger Games I think, Storm is a character from X-men, D is from Vampire Hunter D, Uchiha is from Naruto, Hawke is from the old movie Ladyhawke…

And I’m pretty sure most of the others reference things I don’t know about. I’d believe it if someone said that none of the names are original.

@Shawn_Patrick_Reed Well to be assured and for the sake of correction, the mulan references were specifically put in there :slight_smile:

Although most of the provided name if not all of them are directly from my thread umm…and you are? Where forum members posted their names in games.

Yuffie is not from Final fantasy as I’ve never played it, Nyx is a goddess which I also learned and got from the thread, I don’t know who that dawn is, but Dawn came to me at the time I typed it, just happened to be Dawn…as I did back ground research on gods and goddess for inspiration on names the Earth goddess came to mind and from there Terra, no teen titans im afraid. Suprisingly I’ve never played Mortal kombat. Is that was precious came from…

Nearly all the last names are from a random generator. Hawke is from dragon age 2, Uchiha yea naruto =p, Elrick…popular name back then actually. Storm fraid that wasn’t from X-men. And D is just plain random along with primrose if not from the thread.

Any other references you may have found if not from the Mulan song I’ll make a man out of you is purely coincidental.

I can’t blame ignorance, but I worry that some of those names will cause about the same response you get from me. XS Also I could have guessed DA2 for Hawke but it slipped my mind. >.< Even if you haven’t heard of them, or don’t know the references for many, it sounds like you took all the names you like from all kinds of popular geeky sources and tossed them into a blender. I … wouldn’t trust names offered up by random people, sad as that is to say. :\ But I am looking forward to more story.

I understand the reasoning behind putting the person’s name who is speaking in front of what they say. It takes some getting used to, but I think it can work out. It seems a little weird in conjunction with ‘so and so said, pacing back and forth’ - I think there were some points where Serenity is talking and then indicated again within that text, but I’d have to double check. Also, quick thing I caught: Weather or not should be whether or not.