The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

Arcanium Steel… that does sound much more like a metal :stuck_out_tongue:
Feel free to use the name :smiley: Arcanium, interesting.

A black blade tinged with an eeiry midnight blue, light and warm to the touch as if the warmth of its dieing forge struggled to live on within it. Feeling almost weightless it is easy for even a skilled swordsman to lose an arm forgetting that it is still in their hands. Forged from the rare and strange arcanium ore, the blade fails to ever show signs of rust or wear.

Also make it incredibly light and doesn’t rust.

EDIT:

Great! That’s great mate. Our worlds/lore and time period might totally be different, but it will be linked through the usage of Arcanium.

Working on a game you say? I must investigate…

Hahahaha… it’s not medieval like yours. Don’t worry mate.

Totally different genre.

Curiosity and interest dear Knight :stuck_out_tongue:

Discovered :smirk:

would make excellent swords, lances or shields but would probably make terribles maces, being so light and all :laughing:

Haha I can just imagine that, going into battle sure wouldn’t be fun for them. Shame to waste such a valuable and rare material though. In fact, I just might have a character with just that.

Speaking of lances, I think it could even be used for arrow heads, though perhaps the lightness would throw it off balance/lance as well o.o research must be done! A shield, most definitely sounds nice… long as it doesn’t shatter like glass.

Well if Arcanium Is a light metal for swords,would there be a top tier armor metal as well . Perhaps something along the lines of black steel ,forged by the weapon masters of the north mountains from the great black ore . Capable of testing the flames of a dragon ,or the cold of the frozen wastes ,thrice blessed by the chaplains of the northern principalities to ward away blows…or something like that.

The set of plate shone in the red candle light , its deep jet black almost a shade of deep blue in the light ,it was cold to the touch as though I carried the spirit of the mountains it was carved from. Underneath a shining hauberk of mail ,darker than pitch .:boar:

Arcanium is light, yes. But it won’t shatter like glass. It’s melting point is 2000 degrees Celcius, around 700 more than your ordinary steel.

It’s great for weapons that have an edge or point like swords, spears, pikes, because it’s light and very sharp. But it will be terrible for maces because of its weight (unless you mix it with other metals).

It’s also great for armours and shields.

Full-plate helm, full-plate armour, two-handed greatsword wielded single-handed with the right and a tower shield in the left. Totally possible with Arcanium if you have it. Though it is very, very rare. And all eyes will be on you as you are a walking gold mine. Hahahahah…

Whoever kills you becomes an instant billionaire.

yes, but good luck killing you :laughing: , I thought about it and if you can get arcanum, mace become obsolete anyway since their job is break throught armor and arcanum can cut throught it.

ps: When I was talking about good lance I was more thinking about pike and the like, a javelin with a arcanum head would of course be unmbalanced since the handle would be heavier than the head

@maj12 Arcanium would be the top tiered resource for weaponry/armor material. Although, with its rarity, it’ll be doubtful if anyone could find enough arcanium for an armor.
@Laurence_David On that note, arcanium can’t be made invincible now, a balance will be needed wouldn’t there. Perhaps the lack of arcanium defence can be its own balance.

As long as it remains a hand held weapon, I’m sure it’ll do.

So could my idea for a lesser but still strong heavy armor type possible :boar::pig2::water_buffalo::saxophone:

We’ll go with a definite maybe :stuck_out_tongue:

Afterall, I still don’t know if I’ll be implementing the material idea just yet.

Yeah , perhaps that’s a bit to much , maybe it should be more low key if its implicated . :dromedary_camel:

Sadly, putting it in makes things a lot more complicated.

It becomes a matter of comparing weapon tier vs armor tier, army size vs army size, strategy, tactics, reinforcements, experience, how many soldiers have the armor/weapon, how many commanders have it, how it affects things…

Which is why, if Arcanium is added to the game, it would be the only other material that’s actually really mentioned and only a select few would actually have it.

1 Like

I think its a good idea, giving a random footsoldier a weapon that is worth more than their pay would be a bad (and costly) idea anyway.

also, this link may (or may not) interest you, It about the uses of various medieval weapons http://www.mercwars.com/weaponanalysis.shtml

Thanks Laurence, I’ll be sure to reference that when over-viewing weaponry and other such details in the game.

A warfare, should be quite interesting…

From the work and effort being put into things, diplomacy will be the centerpiece of the upcoming update.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense ,besides it would put far to heavy an emphasis on military matters in a game split between politics ,ruling, and warfare

Yes, it should be subtle. Make it akin to nuclear weapons in its significance.

What I mean is, if you have Arcanium weapons, then you can easily cut things. You have a superweapon in your hands. A 7ft. knight with full-steel plate armour? Cleave him with an Arcanium weapon, that will teach him.

But then that’s also the weakness. What if the enemy has one too?

Another weakness is, it is still just a weapon. You, as the wielder are not invincible. You can still be poisoned. You can still be assassinated while you sleep.

Even in war. 10 against 1? Sure you can easily swing your sword. But what if you get tired? What if they decide not go melee and just shoot you with arrows from afar?

YOU ARE NOT INVINCIBLE.

Skill plays quite the role as well doesn’t it. Arcanium weapons simply doesn’t make one immortal.

Though I’ll likely have to do some physics background check, but I wonder, if an arrow was flying at someone with arcanium weapons, and they threw up their arms at just the right moment, slicing the shaft of the arrow in half, being so sharp would it stop the arrow or throw it off its trajectory… hmm

1 Like