The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

Much more plausible and I think a mixture of both. Thieves hired by corrupt officials to steal the body to ruin the reputation of the House and the thieves themselves take it upon themselves to steal valuables to profit.
Ofc if said thieves were real and I captured them they’d be interrogated harshly. I’d imagine Serenity would love to do it personally for the embaressment she suffered due to them.

I think maybe if you made it an easier number to comprehend that could work a little better, something like 15000. You don’t have to though it’s just a suggestion

@Sampl15 It won’t be there long, it was moreorless meant as an easter egg to @faewkless Interest/Debt comment. It auto vanishes before the MC starts their budgeting plan. I’ll remove it altogether soon enough though.

Notice: Sendre, (the assumed insane vision boy), has had his portrait added to the game. He’s going to play a larger role in the story then before it seems, albeit limited. Let me know if it works for your device, and if it does, let me know if it was what you were expecting.

Is it possible that your past Inquisitor infrastructure will somehow be melded/infused with your father’s old realm infrastructure?

I can see my character reaching out to her old subordinates and inviting them to join, much as historically happened in both France and Iberia (Spain/Portugal).

Another random thought (blondes unite!): Will we have multiple sources to gain loans from? For example: in the older version, my PC chose to help those gangs who were helping the people eliminate the lecherous gangs. Since I did this, might there be an ability to profit from a “tax”, “levy” or “loan” involving those gangs who are allied to us?

Especially if we are to use those funds to improve the “people” as well?

@Zolataya You’ll have to explain the infrastructure bit to me a bit more. Though from what I can gather and explain, the inquisitors are more like say, the Templar Knight Order. They don’t answer to nobility, only the Lady Divine. Every city houses a temple. This is where not only the priests are, but where inquisitors usually go as a base of operation.

I’m afraid anyone you may have called friend in The Order would despise you for abandoning the faith to serve as a ruler. The focus of corruption, in their perspective. But we’ll just have to see won’t we :smiley:

Remember, every decision you make always comes back around for a second round later on. Depending on how you dealt with the gangs you can interact with them later in a variety of ways in a scratch my back I’ll scratch yours fashion. Why you say “old version” is the dealing with the criminals scene no longer there?

You have a very interesting name btw :astonished: Anyhow, the next chapter will shine more light on the matter as well. Otherwise shoot me any questions you may have.

@Arcania - I always rush ahead lol.

Concerning my screenname: ty. Pm me for details if interested.

Ahh, o.k. Your structuring it on the Templars. I know a bit of the historical order (both the reality and the legend) so if you ever want detailed feedback on stuff related, let me know. I was thinking you were structuring the Inquisition after the Inquisition of the 15-16th century Spanish/French model. These two organizations were organized differently and had different ways of doing things.

Since you are modeling it on the Templars, does this mean, eventually we can have our own bloody Friday the 13th? lol.

From your descriptions of the houses, they are vary dangerous to exist. Anyways, I’m doing another run tonight of your demo, so if I have any new feedback, I’ll post.

They aren’t directly structured after either, I suppose a thing or two from each. They are simply relative. I’ll be sure to let you know if anything comes up on the matter.

Surprisingly, there will be a Friday the 13th, though, Maybe a Thursday night…
Though I can’t spoil too much :stuck_out_tongue: Or who will be on the receiving end or how it would be done.

Indeed they are. I suppose you can say The Divine is the most powerful figure in all of Imortallia. Ruling from her island state as technical regent to the land. She exist simply to ensure there is no… taint in the land as the Creator demands in the holy texts. Thus her inquisitors exist to destroy the taint, given enough evidence of its existence of course :wink:

She exists to determine if a noble family can indeed inherit the crown of the nation. Granted sufficient evidence that they’re land is indeed lawless, unstable, corrupt or such. Thus regaining face takes generation, else not at all.

Sadly, the authority of Divinity is starting to wane.

Is it possible that we might be able to influence The Divine or Inquisitors so they might be more inclined to help us? Such as make “charitable donations”, give land, help Inquisitors above and beyond what they are asking.

Are there different religions in game? If there are, if we have too many believers of another religion in our kingdom, will that make it more likely for Inquisitors to come around?

Are there other lands that we can hire mercenaries from to bolster our army in time of need? Can we bribe mercenaries to turn on the other lord that “hired” them?

The temple, the center of Divinity culture, will normally be available for you. You’ll be able to do a variety of things for the holy cause, as well as influence the Lady Divine and the inquisitors. On that note, Divinity is the only religion, everything else is seen as heresy, the more “heretics” the more inquisitors.

When war comes there’s always a chance to get mercenaries, though they’re cheaper, their unpredictable. Once recruited, you can choose to do what you please with them.

Did you hear about the guy who left his job at the mortuary?
It was a dead end job.
Mustve been how the body was stolen
Badumtssssssss.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: hhaha Ryse,that is so wrong. I hope he can rest in peace.

1 Like

Now we’ve all been hearing talk of this divine figure and how we must do as she says if we’ve wanted to take the throne. Now I’ve yet to hear anyone mention, “What if we dethrone the divine?” As you’ve said her authority is waning and the land is in chaos. We could easily spin that as she’s let this happen, that she’s no longer fit to be divine.

1 Like

Two thoughts:
1: Establish an Anti-Divine to replace the old one.

2: If you try to depose her, without a puppet, your faithful subjects will rise against you especially if she can excommunicate you somehow.

Either way, with her island being a rich area, I’d expect we’d have to end up controlling it directly or indirectly eventually.

Edit: I wonder if you play as a Inquisitor, if you could become a dual Divine/Empress … that would be the ultimate :slightly_smiling:

Well not entirely, I certainly agree with the anti divine (or call her the true divine) part but I disagree that we should control her island. Especially if we don’t send anymore trade their way. We establish a false divine on the mainland, halt all ships from sailing to the island. The faithful of the land would be divided between the two divines. If we move quickly enough and neuter the templar order before they can do nothing but watch as I solidify my control over the continent.

Infiltrate the temples would be the crucial part. Turn at least half of them to my side wouldn’t be impossible and once that happens I can have soldiers who’ve been stationed outside of these places help the operatives inside the templar order to achieve control. Giving the order during a celebration would work the best I feel, after all no one expects an attack during what should be a time of drink and merry making. From there having the new templars swear fealty to my divine would be simple.

In the beginning there would be grumblings possibly even a rebellion but once it is put down and peace reigns, how many would look to the old divine and wish for them to return? After all they only brought chaos and war when they were in charge. After which point we could probably assassinate the old divine

Hence the bloody Friday the 13th mentioned above. During a time of celebration is exactly when I’d expect such treachery and as to swearing fealty… well, historically, any such oath to an apostate was null and void to begin with.

The best case scenario you describe happened historically, however, since there could only be one Divine, there had to be a resolution, one way or another.

The island province (iirc) is described as prosperous and wealthy, a true powerbase. As such, I would work to secure it as my own, one way or another, perhaps even consider moving my capitol to there.

The chapter-houses are the mist dangerous threat to home-rule, so eventually they would need to be under royal control or eliminated as you say. Since I formed an alliance with street gangs, I’d turn those two elements upon eachother, acting as an arbritator for the “common” people, intervening and taking control in their name overtly and in force. Just as happened in Germany, Netherlands and Austria in real life.

But to each his/her own. I still think becoming both Divine and Empress would be the ultimate solution.

You formed an alliance with street gangs? I did not find that route while playing. I didn’t find any criminal activity actually

Although the Divine’s authority is declining, she still stands as the head piece of the faith upon her island province, which is the center of the faith. With the economy there uniquely sated through pilgrimage there that demand generous donations.

@Razgriz It may be difficult, but possible to dethrone her, true. Though you’ll have the next divine to contend with. Unless it is then you plan on placing your puppet. Though there lies your challenge. Both finding a woman suitable and loyal that would do the job. Then there’s finding a means for her to aid you without compromising herself and inevitably you.

@Zolataya Looks like you’ve already thought it through :stuck_out_tongue: Fraid being involved is a given. Though the duel piece slightly worries me, kinda like the former Swiss guards dueling the pope. Not a pretty sight :pensive: Though with enough evidence of being an infidel, I can picture the MC rightfully being able to execute her. I’ll be sure to set aside a special title for that. (As a side note, we’ll have to discuss some historic reference some time this week :smile:)

An imposter might be a bit difficult to gain as a divine’s training begins as a veiled lady of the faith. As the name presumes, they are veiled, from youth, into adult hood. Where from there the brave souls that decide to become a divine must go through the trials of divinity. Sadly, it is a test of who can survive the longest. One only the elders of the faith on the island and as rumors go, the inquisitors, know of what actually occurs. But surely it must be something… divine.

The prosperity of the island is the key thing that will bring the MC to the island, though inquisitors would have other business there. Thus key to taking the throne. The secrets of Divinity and the inquisitors. Will they be used to bring down Divinity and release yourself from its leash or will it be used to seize the throne? We’ll have to see.

I suppose it would be possible to become the divine, though it would require being female and an inquisitor. From there taking the throne… depending on how it’s done I might be able to implement it. Big might. @Razgriz It’s possible to form an alliance with gangsters in your city. Though it was in the old update, it’ll be back next update, or so.

1 Like

Is the Faith corrupt in some forms? Probably is, but how? And to what extent?

The Faith or Divinity, is not corrupt in itself.

The island nations, are the capitol and center of the faith, the place where the founder of the faith is proclaimed to have been buried at the end of her pilgrimage, sadly, her burial site remains unseen to the public. (:wink:)

But ah, as I was saying, with the island as the center, it is common for pilgrimages to take place to the island where donations are made for the Faith.

There’s also the underlying points of aspiring lords and ladies making substantial donations to woo the favor of the elders, second to the divine, and go in hopes of securing future loans, grants, or simply their favor and support in times. Sadly, even the elders are unpredictable. It’s almost as if they don’t want to see the realm unified. I wonder what that would mean for them…

Cough Cough
Unify the people and kick them out.
Cough Cough
Usher in a new world order
Cough Cough
Have a sect of dark mages who keep the kingdom safe and help crops.
Cough Cough
I’m sorry I have a bit of a cold.

1 Like