The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

i dont regret it, it was suspicious that he did not leave right away xD
(and if i have a option to say to serenity when she make that reply when i order her to kill him, i would have say this to her:
¡¡ Serenity, dont ever question my actions,now leave, dismissed!! :smile:

Edit: oh and there is something i wanted in the stats, for us to have some stats, like charming,fighting, i mean some personal stat that can help us in certain scenes :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

If our intrigue is high enough will our cunning or otherwise deplorable actions not reduce our honor? How would the public know our misdeeds if we’re cunning enough to do it covertly?

@NoGo Why thank you. :blush: You have a point there, perhaps she should be staring more intently at your ring.

As for Sebastian’s pay, Rolo notes after you accept him, that it’ll be taken out of the next tax collection funds. Oh you got… something Just about 1/100th of it… :smile: Honorable he may have been, a banker he was not. Will you learn from his mistakes?

@anon4518890 Hahaha. I probably would say the same. I was considering adding some conversational choices to explain your decision to her, but it’s on the consideration list.

Personal stats are still being tracked, they are just hidden. You’ll get a little preview of where you stand before you make a decision related to it. Such as facing off against Sebastian.

@godessa Your current cunning is from rumors (background) of who you are and common folk judging that based on who your parents were.

In simpler words, the public won’t know, thus your cunning won’t go up. If you are caught it will go up.

Did that answer the question(s)? Things just might need a bit of tweaking otherwise.

@Arcania - I picture the “Inquisitor” background/prototype as a Cardinal Richelieu or a Cardinal Henry of Portugal … am I right in viewing it thus, or is my history nerd asserting herself too much here?

@Zolataya I can’t quite say just yet on that point, though if anything, I would say you’re going in the right direction with Cardinal Richelieu. The Inquisitors are a complicated bunch altogether. (Let that history nerd side flourish :wink:)

So much to tell, so little time.

So, is cunning/honest now shame/honor? Or are they two separate stats with the first set pertaining to your personality and the second, how the public views you?

@godessa I’m still deciding on the mater. At this very moment- cunning/honest is now Shame/Honor. Though they are more or less how the public views you. I will probably track cunning and honest as personal stats (hidden) in the near future.

I only ask because the dynamic of a well loved and generally honorable ruler to the public, and a treacherous viper behind closed doors has always held a certain appeal. Thanks for the clarification :slightly_smiling:

@godessa Yup, personal stats is secretly tracked while public stats are separately tracked. Your paragons will monitor the stat for you.

Minor updates have been made to the game, specifically to your wealth :imp:

As for that long awaited answer, there has been a decided two paragons. No more and no less. I fear they will compete for your attention and favor.

On a completely side note. The frigid air outside that I’ve endured on my journey home has allowed me to decide on the next venture for the MC.
The first place the MC shall conquer, shall be The Northern Territories: Hope you brought a coat.

4 Likes

So there will be two paragons to choose from, or are there two people that can be a paragon and nothing else?

I’m worried to see what wealth we will be allowed to have now when we start, I’m guessing it will be even less. :sweat:

I thought that the North had deserts, unless that’s not to the North of our little piece of land.

A female paragon pweasssse!

It has a really good idea for a story (though if you could come up with something other than “all roads lead to pesch” that would be great) but it’s very confusing at the beginning. I was just kind of thrown in there with absolutely no idea what was happening. So if you could just make it a little easier to comprehend that would be awesome. The writing is fantastic though.

Well to me it seems like that is the point. You are a young noble, that was thrown out by your father to become a noble by yourself. Then one day you are told that your father died and that you will take over your fathers holdings, so your character doesn’t even know what’s happening.

On the same note though, to me its not that confusing. The goal is to turn the relatively small town you have and turn in into a thriving kingdom by taking more land and cities, whether by force or through espionage. After you get large enough you can then try to become the King or Emperor of Imortallia, but you could be killed if you’re not strong enough or have enough influence.

As for the “all roads lead to Pesch” it says that Pesch is the trade capital of Imortallia, which could literally mean all roads lead to it. It implies that if you want something, like to conquer Imortallia, you will have to deal with Pesch, one way or another.

@NoGo You will have two main paragons, they come with the territory. You’ve met one as is. The other is coming in a chapter or so. Those two are going to be the ones that are vieing for your attention and you’ll be speaking to. Your Shield and your Sword. There may be a couple other paragons which you yourself can appoint, but they’ll play a more background role like your guards - limited interaction.

(I would worry more about the starting debt :smiling_imp:) As for the North, tis sad, but it is a seemingly frozen land. Home to the impenetrable fortress. I wish you luck taking that one over. I’m thinking three territories (provinces) before you can truly say “I am the Lord/Lady of the North!” Course you can utterly fail and choose to go with another province and struggle later :tongue:

@RyseAbove It is a female paragon actually :smile: Though she’s probably going to be on the… eccentric side. Hope you can handle the extra life in your court.

@Sampl15 Looks like @NoGo beat me to it. That pretty much sums it up.

1 Like

Hope none of those nobles are practicing the dark arts.
Wouldn’t want the inquisitors to catch wind.
They can be pretty brutal.
And lands without a leader are easy pickings.
Evil grin

Oh debt, I normally have that when I start anyways :wink:

“Glancing north, the ancient Djubian deserts where nomadic tribes roam freely”, is how the North is described in the beginning, but I like the cold north better anyways.

A paragon with an eccentric side…sounds like I have a new paragon.

@faewkless You wouldn’t o.o It’s a sacred unspoken pact among nobles. One must not willingly involve themselves with inquisitors!

Speaking of… the inquisitors are coming … next chapter

@NoGo It runs in the family I see. :pensive: Becareful your heirs to not inherit your debts as well!

That’s… going to need some fixing… southern deserts. Northern chills.

That’s why the won’t see it coming.
The inquisitors will make a great tool for disposing of enemies.
Just a little framing there and a little deceit here and oops you got executed for corruption.

Oh you sir have a devious mind. :smiling_imp:, the debt collectors could learn a thing or two from you. On the other hand, beware you don’t fall to the same trickery.

Worst yet, making a report of corruption and there’s none to be found. Isn’t having evidence fun :smile:

I wonder if there is a way to cause someone to exhibit the same effects as corruption.

That would be useful.