The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

Oh ok
Didn’t want 2 scroll through the whole thing
Thx @Arcania

@Deathrocker99 Anytime Death.
@godessa Sozzy! I would hate to ruin things for ya :blush: until it’s time, just know, it torments me not to be able to explain!

I would ask why you have brownies as your profile pic but…
starts making brownies in the kitchen

You’ve learned much dear Ryse.
Though… not enough. You must ensure that the edged turned out just crispy. The secret is in the ingredients to ensure that it doesn’t stick!

I can just picture the MC in the kitchen cooking away. How would that look I wonder. A noble in the kitchen…

As for why brownies, ah you already understand much as is :wink:

2 Likes

I Just read through the demo…and I was wondering if you have already implemented romance options? From what I have read I have seen none but I could just have misread/not have noticed.

I have not implemented any romance options. Keep in mind this is only the prologue. I like to consider the game “live”.
You’ve known your advisers for about… a bit over 5 hours give or take. I’m afraid they won’t be going high school style. Relationship and romance will need to be steadily built. Which will come in the following volume.

2 Likes

what do you mean by in the following volumen? you have to make some ro in this game :frowning:

edit: ( i mean i will be a bit dissapointed if by following volumen you mean next game xD )

@anon4518890 That was bad phrasing on my part, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:
Each scene (situation) would be a chapter on it’s own. And can be about 7 or so chapters in a single volume. Each volume would be like a new stage in the story. Like… being appointed as noble ruler. Being tossed out. Reclaiming your throne.

Volume - Big picture
Chapter - Break Down

Summary - You’ll start getting into relationships in a few more scenes

1 Like

you almost break my heart , nice to know xD
(how many volumes are you intending to make?)

Let’s see here…

If each week is generally a chapter, then each month would be a Volume. So by years end, you should reign or be devoured by ambitious nobles.

Probably 12 volumes. Though don’t take my word for it, rough estimate. Gotta make sure to take the dear nobles through their journey week by week.

Sounds.
Long.
makes extra crispy brownies

Oh it’ll be… lengthy. Sadly it’s shorter than you imagine.

Just as they enter the presence of the Brownie Sage, they are compelled to craft the finest brownie they can. Who will save them from this life of delicacy?

~~ Observer of the Brownie bewitching

1 Like

The Brownie Bewitching lol :joy:

What you don’t know will hurt you :wink:

Would the punishment for making bad brownies be death by chocolate? :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Indeed it will. But only if our defences aren’t shored up and prepared for the dangers the unknown holds.
A poor but standing fortress guarded by men and women sworn to my MCs cause is far better than a prosperous yet soft keep filled with merchants and courtesans . At least in my view.

That wouldn’t be a bad death…I am quite fond of chocolate
—Anyways

@Arcania
After reading through the demo again it kind of gave me a G.o.T feel with your advisors and managing your kingdom, so to speak.
Maybe after we advance with our RO we could have like a royal wedding or something of the sorts?

Also I would really like the chance to be more evil…Like it seems that our people don’t have much respect for the MC as of yet…and I would really like it if we could maybe punish people for showing disrespect maybe lowering our Stats of how the rest of our town/fort views us.
Yea…basically im asking to be like Jofferey from GOT.

Also My MC might be a bit jealous of our spymaster paying so much attention to our paragon, It would be pretty cool if we could sabotage that maybe by sending our paragon of to certain death…:smiling_imp:

Oh another thing…TOURNEYS!! it would be nice to maybe have a tourney event held at our Keep.

Anyway those are some of my wishes for the game.

-A few thoughts from your friendly forum poster Ryse

@NoGo You understand well. In fact, I believe there should be just such a scene. Punishments for the chefs and bakers. The Kitchen, one of the most important places in the keep :wink:

@Razgriz Yet, I could say the opposite. With the lure of wealth, I’m sure many a soldiers would be willing to give up their blade for the chance of prosperity, if not your own people and officials. And ah, the courtesans, how they will keep your courts flowing with information and ready for the worst of situations. There are more than one means to breach a kingdom than with swords. Would you be so prepared to march your troops into a fortress who’s gates are opened wide to your marching army, and who’s leader sit upon the battlements playing a game of chess? Information can be quite deadly.

@RyseAbove I’ve never actually watched G.o.T. though I believe G- Jofferey is a young tyrant from what I’ve heard. (Best I can manage) I’m preparing for the coming days of going into the city.

There’s very much the chance to do that in coming scenes, coming with the next update- oh wait I believe I’ve moved that further back… you’ll have your chance. And have no fears, your dear noble isn’t the only one who has it out for thy paragon.

I’ll have to hear a bit more on the tourney idea. Though it does sounds intriguing. A tourney or a ball. We’ll set the cost at… 50,000 crowns :imp:

1 Like

As I said, in my view a devoted and deadly people outweigh the benefits of being a weak but rich nation.
Especially if that means other nations ask for you to strike at a foe with them.
I’d rather have an army of trained warriors, honed to a fine point than a bunch of sellswords looking for coin.

Which do you think is better the silent warrior who grows his land by aiding his allies or the fat noble drinking with diplomats and merchants while the people stare daggers at you when you pass?

Both are bad, a man who grows his allies can have a lot of holes in his defences, thats where the fat noble can take advantage and slowly push in his spies, assassins, supplies, etc. No man is perfect so its bound to happen.

The fat noble is, ya know, the stereotypical butt that everyone hates, he provides the gold but theres no respect, problem is if he keeps dishing out the gold the more eyes will be on him and the more the greed in men will fester. Anarchy reigns.

You need a perfect mix of the two or at least an okay version. But, that won’t happen so thats where the two sides can take control of the other, by playing off their weaknesses.

Too many men under your service leads to anarchy; overflowing gold leads to anarchy.